November 18, 2017, 08:11:39 PM

Author Topic: Aston Villa V Everton  (Read 31150 times)

January 12, 2012, 06:12:46 AM
Read 31150 times

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Aston Villa v Everton
Villa Park
Saturday 14th January @ 3pm

Will be another hard slog this one but can see us getting a point. 2-2 Anichebe and Donovan with our goals.

Howard

Neville Duffy Heitinga Baines

Drenthe Fellaini Cahill Donovan

Saha Anichebe
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 06:14:54 AM by Si »
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 12, 2012, 06:29:05 AM
Reply #1

JoeHart

Will be another hard slog this one but can see us getting a point. 2-2 Anichebe and Donovan with our goals.

Howard

Coleman Duffy Heitinga Baines

Drenthe Fellaini Barkley Donovan

Vellios Anichebe
Everton forever

January 12, 2012, 06:33:42 AM
Reply #2

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Think I'll miss this one, going out. Doubt I'll miss much.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

January 12, 2012, 06:38:39 AM
Reply #3

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I wouldn't mind Bilya playing again. Wasn't too bad today. Drenthe on at 55 minutes with a tiring team would be a better bet
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 12, 2012, 06:39:23 AM
Reply #4

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Think I'll miss this one, going out. Doubt I'll miss much.

Get the feeling that no one will play particularly well, villa will hardly have any shots but they will still score, Saha will hardly chase down anything and that we will pick up another injury, probably either Fellaini or Heitinga. Still I might be wrong!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 12, 2012, 07:01:15 AM
Reply #5

DannyR

Howard
Neville Duffy Heitinga Baines
Drenthe Fellaini Cahill Gueye
               Donovan
               Vellios

Can see this being a boring game 1-1

Bent for them, Fellaini header for us.

Hopefully we see McAleany and McFadden make an apperence along with the Straq.
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

January 12, 2012, 07:25:02 AM
Reply #6

Murder

Alex Mcleish will be desperate to claim back his 'Most Negative Manager in the Premiership' title this weekend as he welcomes David Moyes' team to Villa Park. Moyes, who is coming off the back of a self-proclaimed 'good performance' in which his team successfully had zero shots on target at White Heart Lane, has been riding his wave of boredom up and down English football grounds since the beginning of the season, managing to get his two main threats, Louis Saha and Tim Cahill, to play over 2000 minutes combined and score 1 goal.

If the pundits are to be believed, Moyes will line up with his patented 'Fake 4-4-2'. Starting with more than one striker, Moyes lures Everton fans into a false sense of belief that his team may attack utilising two strikers who naturally play in that position. This, of course, is not to be confused with Moyes' 4-4-1-1 in which he applies Tim Cahill in the 'Tim Cahill role'. Everton supporters have become increasingly disenchanted with the Tim Cahill role as they are unsure as to what it is or what it does. If Moyes does go for his fake 4-4-2 we are likely to see numerous players playing out of position which is guaranteed to add to the boredom and be the catalyst for the manager keeping his dullness title.

Alex Mcleish is surely going to look to play Emile Heskey as a winger to tackle the audacious 6 defenders Moyes usually has in his starting eleven. One ace that Mcleish does have up his sleeve that could trump Moyes Boys is the amount of terrible young prospects he has available on his bench. Chris Herd, Barry Bannan, Fabian Delph and Ciaren Clark will be itching to get off the bench and effect the game in the most minuscule way possible. Expect Mcleish to start with one upfront and to look to Richard Dunne and James Collins to place as many headers over the opposing team's bar from set pieces.

A tough encounter between two incredibly depressing football sides in which boredom is most like going to be the winner.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 07:28:26 AM by Murder »

January 12, 2012, 09:50:35 AM
Reply #7

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Alex Mcleish will be desperate to claim back his 'Most Negative Manager in the Premiership' title this weekend as he welcomes David Moyes' team to Villa Park. Moyes, who is coming off the back of a self-proclaimed 'good performance' in which his team successfully had zero shots on target at White Heart Lane, has been riding his wave of boredom up and down English football grounds since the beginning of the season, managing to get his two main threats, Louis Saha and Tim Cahill, to play over 2000 minutes combined and score 1 goal.

If the pundits are to be believed, Moyes will line up with his patented 'Fake 4-4-2'. Starting with more than one striker, Moyes lures Everton fans into a false sense of belief that his team may attack utilising two strikers who naturally play in that position. This, of course, is not to be confused with Moyes' 4-4-1-1 in which he applies Tim Cahill in the 'Tim Cahill role'. Everton supporters have become increasingly disenchanted with the Tim Cahill role as they are unsure as to what it is or what it does. If Moyes does go for his fake 4-4-2 we are likely to see numerous players playing out of position which is guaranteed to add to the boredom and be the catalyst for the manager keeping his dullness title.

Alex Mcleish is surely going to look to play Emile Heskey as a winger to tackle the audacious 6 defenders Moyes usually has in his starting eleven. One ace that Mcleish does have up his sleeve that could trump Moyes Boys is the amount of terrible young prospects he has available on his bench. Chris Herd, Barry Bannan, Fabian Delph and Ciaren Clark will be itching to get off the bench and effect the game in the most minuscule way possible. Expect Mcleish to start with one upfront and to look to Richard Dunne and James Collins to place as many headers over the opposing team's bar from set pieces.

A tough encounter between two incredibly depressing football sides in which boredom is most like going to be the winner.

Enjoyed that. Pretty accurate too
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 12, 2012, 12:40:39 PM
Reply #8

kunal32

Can't see us getting much out of this either. 1-0 defeat.

January 12, 2012, 02:42:07 PM
Reply #9

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Murder: that was pretty damn funny!

Although 2 little points: no one was really playing out of position against spurs where they?possible exception of Cahill.
                                     Only 4 defenders started last night, including baines who is probably our most attacking player if Drenthe doesn't play

But I'm nit picking, that was great!keep up the good work

January 12, 2012, 03:41:08 PM
Reply #10

evertonjoe

R.A.P Music

January 12, 2012, 04:11:19 PM
Reply #11

charlatan

Oh great.  Villa have signed Robbie Keane on loan, just in time to face us.  Cunt always has a field day against us

January 12, 2012, 05:31:55 PM
Reply #12

plumber

Murder: that was pretty damn funny!

I thought it was pretty damn boring.
It was not accurate also as you've mentioned yourself.

January 12, 2012, 06:38:49 PM
Reply #13

Bally

Administrator

Nice, different approach to normal cheers
It's the roll I way

January 12, 2012, 07:08:05 PM
Reply #14

Thornton_19

2-1 either way

Don't care about the team or formation we play, would just like more than 1 goal and a win.