November 24, 2017, 12:47:50 AM

Author Topic: Aston Villa V Everton  (Read 31381 times)

January 14, 2012, 08:31:15 PM
Reply #60

kunal32

As bad as Villa are they still have two quality forwards in Agbonlahor and Bent. That'll prove the difference at the end of the game.

January 14, 2012, 08:31:15 PM
Reply #61

Derek

I reckon it'll be us. I think we have a bit more about us around the park, although they definitely have better goal scorers (!), but if we play well, I see us winning.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

January 14, 2012, 08:31:41 PM
Reply #62

sam of the south

Probably the best we can do, but it depends on the instruction and roles given to the players. I really hope we don't see Louis everywhere but in the box again. Him or Cahill must score sometime.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 14, 2012, 08:33:59 PM
Reply #63

Derek

It's at the stage now (I was saying to the wife just a minute ago) where they just have to score, the duck HAS to be broken sometime.
Clarion Call.

January 14, 2012, 08:38:04 PM
Reply #64

AidyEFC9

Lads on SSN saying it's incredible that we're not bottom of the league.  Given our complete lack of scoring poor.  Merson saying if he had money and was looking to buy a club he would go straight for us.

Everyone apart from Charlie have Villa, Charlie has a score draw.

Yeah, saw that. But what they say is true really, how aren't we bottom when were struggling to score goals and playing as bad as we are?. And what about Le Tissier, 'Gibson is about Everton's level', cheeky cunt! haha.

Todays line up with both Drenthe and Donovan in it smells of counter attacking football today. When they was both on the field at Spurs we was breaking alot (although it never came to much apart from a couple of penalty decisions) with those two at the heart of it and i can see the same happening today with Villa being the home team and the emphasis on them to get at us.

We could get some joy today from that?!.

January 14, 2012, 08:38:34 PM
Reply #65

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Good luck to Duffy and Gibson!

The midfield looks like a midfield for once rather than an assembly of misfit defenders. It just depends whether we can actually turn that into goals.

I hope Saha can find his shooting boots today or failing that we keep things level until we can bring on a sub as the substitute forwards usually do better on the scoring front these days.

January 14, 2012, 08:43:51 PM
Reply #66

charlatan

Quite liking the look of that side, got a bit of balance for a change.  Just a pity we don't have a forward to put up front so we can drop kick saha into the ressies

January 14, 2012, 08:45:22 PM
Reply #67

cantoffee

I hate playing Villa, we frequently play well and rarely win.

January 14, 2012, 08:50:19 PM
Reply #68

Ross

Shows how desperate we are when a player signs Friday afternoon then gets a start Saturday.

I would rather have Anichebe up front over Saha, both threaten the goal as often as the other but at last Victor can let the centre defenders know he's playing.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 14, 2012, 08:51:03 PM
Reply #69

sam of the south

I hate playing Villa, we frequently play well and rarely win.

So true. Their fans are just bad arrogant Brummies too.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 14, 2012, 08:54:30 PM
Reply #70

cantoffee

Shows how desperate we are when a player signs Friday afternoon then gets a start Saturday.

I would rather have Anichebe up front over Saha, both threaten the goal as often as the other but at last Victor can let the centre defenders know he's playing.

I suspect Vic isn't fully fit yet, he's only been back in training just over two weeks now and he was out for 4 months. He puts on weight a whole lot faster than most other players as well. I'm fairly certain we'll see him off the bench today.

January 14, 2012, 08:54:30 PM
Reply #71

Derek

Exactly. This game used to be a spectacle. Odds on it'll be shit today!

Clarion Call.

January 14, 2012, 08:55:07 PM
Reply #72

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

Anichebe is more suited to a sub role (like most/all of our forwards) at least until his fitness gets better. Using his strength to get past tired defenders is his best chance to score at the moment.

January 14, 2012, 08:56:02 PM
Reply #73

Cantoffie

2-1 Villa tbh.
My cup runeth over with blood, but not wine.

January 14, 2012, 09:09:53 PM
Reply #74

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Yerrrr Gibson is a bit shit like.