October 14, 2019, 06:36:14 PM

Author Topic: Aston Villa V Everton  (Read 47291 times)

January 14, 2012, 10:52:46 PM
Reply #30

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
A draw is pretty much the right result and fairly pleased with the performance.  A striker really is a massive deal to us right now and I am afraid to say Drenthe might not be the answer to all our prayers like we thought.  He is massively inconsistent.

January 14, 2012, 10:59:08 PM
Reply #31

Silas

NSNO Subscriber

January 14, 2012, 11:10:22 PM
Reply #32

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
A little disappointed that we didn't get the three points. They were there for the taking in the first half and, as always, we didn't make it count.

I feel as though Drenthe suffered from playing on the left. He wasn't able to cut inside like he does on the right so it wouldn't surprise me if it was more frustration than anything else when he kept losing the ball after trying to take people on.

Gibson, Donovan and Fellaini all impressed today. Duffy had a solid debut too. Saha and Neville were poor again. We're desperate for a goalscorer and Hibbert to come back.

Yes.  I question whether Drenthe is fit for 90 minutes as well.  Neville was horribly exposed today.

January 14, 2012, 11:22:20 PM
Reply #33

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I didn't think Neville was that bad to be honest.  Obviously he's not the future and ideally wouldn't be in the team, but I thought he was alright today.

A few good tackles but once Agblonghor went left he got battered. 

January 14, 2012, 11:31:06 PM
Reply #34

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Unfortunately I didn't see the game and will have to wait for the 2 minutes of highlights on MOTD. However, someone texted me that Clattencheat fucked us out of a penno? Any truth in this?

Seen them given hard for him to catch it though.  Saha was pulled back but didn't make much of it.  In theory that would have been a red card too.

January 14, 2012, 11:34:43 PM
Reply #35

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Did he really get battered though, or did he just have a much tougher time?  I agree that he struggled but I don't think he was all that bad.

Every time Agbonlahor got the ball, he just went straight past him with little concern