October 15, 2019, 06:03:39 AM

Author Topic: Aston Villa V Everton  (Read 47301 times)

January 14, 2012, 10:53:15 PM
Reply #300

charlatan

The difference with a bit of movement from Donovan.  Just need a striker now.  Saha might as well not be on the pitch

January 14, 2012, 10:53:19 PM
Reply #301

Derek

I am never "happy" with anything less than the 3 points.

Disappointed we couldn't win, especially given our 1st half dominance, but it's patently obvious we need a striker to score a goal or two.

Postives: Vic looks interested and is scoring on occasion. Gibson looks like a good acquisition. Duffy seems to be a player.

Negatives: We can't score goals. Saha seems WELL out of it.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

January 14, 2012, 10:53:30 PM
Reply #302

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Remember the commentator saying that it looked offside when the throw-in came in. Quite sad actually

Good performance, inspired Given and a poor Clattenburg. Imagine that. We should of had a penalty and a red card for Collins. Was a certain goal and he blatantly tugs him.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 14, 2012, 10:53:36 PM
Reply #303

The Binmans Union

Good subs today. Thought Gibson made a good side. Cracking finish from Victor.

Major Clanger:

One is not necessarily born Ian Ross.

Some people are but many realise their being Ian Ross at a later stage of their lives.   They may even be married with kids when one day it just strikes them out of the blue: "Holy shit, I'm Ian Ross."

January 14, 2012, 10:54:06 PM
Reply #304

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
A draw is pretty much the right result and fairly pleased with the performance.  A striker really is a massive deal to us right now and I am afraid to say Drenthe might not be the answer to all our prayers like we thought.  He is massively inconsistent.

Thomas Gravesen the 2nd
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 14, 2012, 10:54:11 PM
Reply #305

The Binmans Union

Major Clanger:

One is not necessarily born Ian Ross.

Some people are but many realise their being Ian Ross at a later stage of their lives.   They may even be married with kids when one day it just strikes them out of the blue: "Holy shit, I'm Ian Ross."

January 14, 2012, 10:54:23 PM
Reply #306

keiko

donovan is man of match i think..

January 14, 2012, 10:55:13 PM
Reply #307

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Oh, good performance from Gibson. Gives us a decent option ad always showing for the ball. Slotted in very well and has an eye for a pass. Looks good next to Fellaini. Really decent debut.

Anichebe looking really good right now. Power and pace and decent control. Poor Saha can't buy a touch.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 14, 2012, 10:55:23 PM
Reply #308

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Thought we played ok, but agree we are badly missing a Bent.

We could easily have won that game, thankful we drew in the end.

Very disappointed with Drenthe today, but he also got in decent position's around midfield and wasn't being utilised. Think he was trying too hard when he did get the ball.

His subbing brought the goal, so GG Moyes.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

January 14, 2012, 10:55:30 PM
Reply #309

nomorechang

RIP
If that doesn't demonstrate how much we are desperate for a striker then I don't know what will
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

January 14, 2012, 10:56:40 PM
Reply #310

Seaforth Blue

disgusting from a fellow evertonian
Read above post, soft lad.
Kopites are Gobshites

January 14, 2012, 10:56:57 PM
Reply #311

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Postives...Duffy solid enough. Vic scoring...and almost as unbelievably not getting injured. Donovan had his best game so far I thought too. Gibson did alright but probably not 100% match ready.

Negatives...Saha, Neville. Drenthe doesn't look the same when he starts again.

January 14, 2012, 10:57:13 PM
Reply #312

Sprooly

shows the difference, our striker fails from 6 yards because of a tug, while theirs buries it

January 14, 2012, 10:57:20 PM
Reply #313

Danny

I'm dissappointed but an away draw at Villa is alright it's more just we could really have done with winning that. Great pace from Anichebe today hopefully he can get some decent form.

January 14, 2012, 10:57:27 PM
Reply #314

mickhazon

Saha and cahill surely do not warrant starts anymore, saha has been shit everygame i have watched for past two years.
Denis or velly should get a run in the team, big vic wont stay fit too.
As for the midfield gibson and felliani looks a good centre was impressed with them both today likewise duffy was solid