September 18, 2019, 02:00:51 PM

Author Topic: Beckford-watch  (Read 7276 times)

February 04, 2010, 10:00:33 PM
Reply #30

Jamokachi

Pienaar is hardly comparable to Beckford. If anything that's an insult to the South African!

February 05, 2010, 12:19:03 AM
Reply #31

Dr. Sponge

Our survey says.... X

Looks like he has a little bit of talent, but far from a team player. I found myself forcing compliments, but in reality his first touch isn't good enough for the Premier League, and at 26 there's not much room for improvement. Compare him to the opposition's strikers and he loses by a mile.

But saying all that, he is free, so it'd depend on his wage demands. I'm 75% certain he couldn't cut it at this level.

February 05, 2010, 01:30:10 AM
Reply #32

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Ha ha comparing him to someone he was widely tipped as a talent at Ajax and had 12 bad months at dortmund is one of the funniest posts i ever read!!!! ha ha
Simply simply lovely

February 05, 2010, 02:41:09 AM
Reply #33

Mayor Farnum

There isn't a striker in the champoinship that can bridge the gap to the premiership, let alone division one.
Something clever written by someone else.

February 05, 2010, 03:53:16 AM
Reply #34

blueblood1988

There isn't a striker in the champoinship that can bridge the gap to the premiership, let alone division one.

depends what you mean by bridge the gap

there have been plenty of strikers from the championship that could/have done a job in the premiership

doyle, johnson, beattie, ebanks blake, keane, king, darren bent, marcus bent, young, ashton, huckerby and zamora.

Dont think theres ever been a real world class striker from the lower leagues but more than enough capable players. if hes free that worth a gamble i say

whether

February 05, 2010, 06:49:45 PM
Reply #35

MmmblueBernard

Give him to moysie. Look what he did with peanuts.

Is that like what sticky vicky does with ping pong balls?
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

February 05, 2010, 07:02:05 PM
Reply #36

.Rimbo.

Is that like what sticky vicky does with ping pong balls?

lolol lolol

February 06, 2010, 09:22:32 PM
Reply #37

Mayor Farnum

depends what you mean by bridge the gap

there have been plenty of strikers from the championship that could/have done a job in the premiership

doyle, johnson, beattie, ebanks blake, keane, king, darren bent, marcus bent, young, ashton, huckerby and zamora.

Dont think theres ever been a real world class striker from the lower leagues but more than enough capable players. if hes free that worth a gamble i say

whether

Point taken with Johnson, Ashton and Young but they were all snapped by premiership sides when they were quite young; and for big/decent money. And it must be 10 years since Robbie Keane has played in the Championship. As for the rest of them I don't think they would have made a signifigant difference to our recent history, even if we had got them at their prime.   

February 06, 2010, 09:48:58 PM
Reply #38

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Point taken with Johnson, Ashton and Young but they were all snapped by premiership sides when they were quite young; and for big/decent money. And it must be 10 years since Robbie Keane has played in the Championship. As for the rest of them I don't think they would have made a signifigant difference to our recent history, even if we had got them at their prime.   

Pretty sure Johnson was about 26 when he moved here, which if I'm not mistaken is also Beckford's age.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

February 07, 2010, 01:58:07 AM
Reply #39

Mayor Farnum

Pretty sure Johnson was about 26 when he moved here, which if I'm not mistaken is also Beckford's age.

Yes, but Johnson had already proved himself in the Premier League.