November 24, 2017, 11:56:04 AM

Author Topic: Vellios  (Read 5176 times)

January 17, 2012, 01:51:06 AM
Read 5176 times

123_efc

First half hattrick for the ressies against B'burn! Got to be worth a go against their senior team on Sat!
I miss Denis Stracqualursi

deCoubertin

January 17, 2012, 02:01:29 AM
Reply #1

Geordie Blue

He seems to know how to stick the ball in the back of the net - needs to be given a minimum of three first team games back to back to see what he can do.
"I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the kop. They never liked me doing that." Dixie Dean

January 17, 2012, 02:05:32 AM
Reply #2

Sharky

Got to play after that. Surley thats the whole point of the reserves!

4-4-2 vellios and anichibe. Form has to dictate the team.

Three Lions on a shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming.

January 17, 2012, 02:07:11 AM
Reply #3

t2487

nod

January 17, 2012, 02:14:57 AM
Reply #4

everton1952

Nah! He is one notch better than the useless Straq. Vellios could make his career in a lower league. I hope to be proved utterly wrong.

January 17, 2012, 02:15:00 AM
Reply #5

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Huge difference from ressies to prem but its great to see a striker score

Simply simply lovely

January 17, 2012, 02:17:10 AM
Reply #6

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
First half hattrick for the ressies against B'burn! Got to be worth a go against their senior team on Sat!
  Still hasn't convinced me when starting - but the only one looking like a real striker - wouldn't mind him starting - great hattrick  :thumbsup:

January 17, 2012, 02:21:27 AM
Reply #7

CarlosAlberto

Has he gone roughly 1200 minutes between goals in the Premier League this season? If not, jib him off.

January 17, 2012, 02:31:33 AM
Reply #8

Tellittoyourking

Moyes has gone off him for some reason. Heard this from a player. Be suprised to see him get a run of games.

January 17, 2012, 02:35:41 AM
Reply #9

CarlosAlberto

Because Moyes doesn't like strikers that can score. They tend to be a bit flash, not meat and potato enough for him.

January 17, 2012, 02:52:00 AM
Reply #10

plumber

Because Moyes doesn't like strikers that can score. They tend to be a bit flash, not meat and potato enough for him.

Yawn.

January 17, 2012, 02:56:37 AM
Reply #11

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Bit of perspective eh, it's a hat trick for the reserves.  Some terrible players have scored hat tricks in the reserves.  Silva is currently in Portugal despite managing the same.  Don't get me wrong, the lads got talent and I want to see him get a run as much as anyone but I am not getting over excited yet.  In fact I would start Vic over him right now. 

He should however, be on the bench every game and the first striker to come on when we are chasing the game.

January 17, 2012, 03:01:15 AM
Reply #12

Gary Iceman

Hasnt he already started 2 games this season and looked useless, anyone can score in the ressies, its a big leap doing it in the first team, danny cad, branch,barlow,all looked good in the ressies,in the first team they were utter dog shit.
Alan Harper: "I made my debut at Goodison against Stoke and was standing in the tunnel waiting to go onto the pitch. Z cars started playing on the PA and I heard the crowd roar. If I could bottle a moment and save it forever, then that would be it.

January 17, 2012, 03:05:17 AM
Reply #13

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Hasnt he already started 2 games this season and looked useless, anyone can score in the ressies, its a big leap doing it in the first team, danny cad, branch,barlow,all looked good in the ressies,in the first team they were utter dog shit.
agree with that - but I'll have to say we won't be able to pick a fit striker as they all have looked useless - The number off games Cahill and Saha has looked useless  :headbang:

January 17, 2012, 03:05:24 AM
Reply #14

}-m-a-c-c-a-{

I'd use him as a sub and start with anichebe n straqulursi up top.
“There is something magical about this club that captures you the minute you step into Goodison – and it doesn’t let you go.”