November 18, 2017, 11:56:14 PM

Author Topic: Vellios  (Read 5164 times)

January 17, 2012, 03:23:18 AM
Reply #15

Geordie Blue

Hasnt he already started 2 games this season and looked useless, anyone can score in the ressies, its a big leap doing it in the first team, danny cad, branch,barlow,all looked good in the ressies,in the first team they were utter dog shit.

Yeah on reflection your right he's had his chance - may as well bin him off :bonk:
"I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the kop. They never liked me doing that." Dixie Dean

deCoubertin

January 17, 2012, 03:23:18 AM
Reply #16

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
I'd use him as a sub and start with anichebe n straqulursi up top.
serious ?  he can run and ??

January 17, 2012, 03:31:46 AM
Reply #17

Geordie Blue

serious ?  he can run and ??

At risk of sounding like a broken record - we don't know what else he can do because he's not been given a decent crack at it - people who are supporting him love his attitude and his physical presence and think maybe he has a bit more to offer than Saha (at least for a few games) - nobody can suggest he's a world beater but then no one has seen enough to write him off - same as Vellios!!!
"I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the kop. They never liked me doing that." Dixie Dean

January 17, 2012, 03:34:58 AM
Reply #18

Major Clanger

He's not ready to start games yet, that should be clear for everyone who has seen him start games.

I'm expecting some more sub appearances this season, maybe a start or two towards the end if there's nothing left to play for.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

January 17, 2012, 03:36:57 AM
Reply #19

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
At risk of sounding like a broken record - we don't know what else he can do because he's not been given a decent crack at it - people who are supporting him love his attitude and his physical presence and think maybe he has a bit more to offer than Saha (at least for a few games) - nobody can suggest he's a world beater but then no one has seen enough to write him off - same as Vellios!!!
note a broken record - I just feel that what I've seen - not being able to control a ball or  hit the ball cleanly using head or foot - simple isn't good enough - I know he has a lot of fans on here - I'm sure the same people will claim Vaughan was great - to me he was just a headless chicken - with a big blue heart and a terrific attitude

January 17, 2012, 03:38:44 AM
Reply #20

Major Clanger

Luckily the people who decided not to give him "a decent crack at it" do know because they see him every day. So when you're saying no-one has seen enough to write him off, you're wrong.

There's no big conspiracy going on here. Straq is shite and Tolis needs time. Compared to them Saha has still a lot more to offer from the start. Vellios is good as a sub but that's it at the moment.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

January 17, 2012, 05:52:38 AM
Reply #21

nomorechang

RIP
Tolis scored a hat trick in the 1st half of the ressies 4-2 win over Blackburn tonight , Jose Baxter getting the 4th ... I wonder if he'll play Vs Blackburn ?

http://www.evertonfc.com/match/report/1112/blackburn-v-everton-res
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 05:54:17 AM by nomorechang »
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

January 17, 2012, 05:55:41 AM
Reply #22

M.Fellaini 25_Iggzy_1878_

already a thread mate..

Uploaded with ImageShack.usIggzy1989 and Kazza1878 on a never ending Tour!

January 17, 2012, 05:59:11 AM
Reply #23

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Tolis scored a hat trick in the 1st half of the ressies 4-2 win over Blackburn tonight , Jose Baxter getting the 4th ... I wonder if he'll play Vs Blackburn ?

http://www.evertonfc.com/match/report/1112/blackburn-v-everton-res

I don't think Jose will play, so no
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 17, 2012, 06:57:08 AM
Reply #24

GoodisonPk

i would love for moyes for 3 games to try something like this - an almost set substitution system (depending on game and result) and subject to change during match of course.

vs Blackburn (H) - Start with Velios and Anichebe - velios to come of after 75 and give Straq 15 mins; Saha on for last 5 for Anichebe;
vs Man City (A) - Start with Anichebe up front - swap after 60 for Straq (closing down qualities will be important to not let city build up play);
vs Wigan (H) - Start with Saha and Anichebe - swap saha after 70 with Straq and Velios for Anichebe for last 10;

Saha basically to have a rest for 2 games and fire himself up for wigan at home.

January 17, 2012, 12:33:11 PM
Reply #25

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
I think the problem with all of our strikers is that none of them are good from the start!they all seem best as impact subs!Saha's goal came when he was a sub and came on against Fulham. Denis was poor when he started against Bolton but had an impact on the Norwich, West Brom and Wigan games as a sub, likewise Vellios looked good when he came on against Villa and scored as a sub against Wigan, Bolton and Chelsea. Solution for me would be to start Vic against Blackburn if he has it in him, as his confidence seems the highest currently and seems the freshest, then make the changes if it's not going right, knowing that our other strikers seem to make a better impact coming off the bench.

I do think the subs should be made earlier though. Unless a sub is brought on to waste time, I don't know why they wouldn't be given at least 15 mins. Denis came on for Saha with about 3 minutes left on Saturday when I thought we could have really gone for the win after vics goal.
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 17, 2012, 12:43:04 PM
Reply #26

nomorechang

RIP
already a thread mate..

Apologies , never seen it
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

January 17, 2012, 06:43:31 PM
Reply #27

charlatan

i would love for moyes for 3 games to try something like this - an almost set substitution system (depending on game and result) and subject to change during match of course.

He already does mate, usually involves the same players at around 75, 85 and 89 minutes

January 17, 2012, 08:00:09 PM
Reply #28

DuncanFerguson81

I hope to start giving more chances for the Greek Moyes ... Saha's contribution is null and Stracqua is to add in certain games. Our best striker no doubt at the moment is Vellios

January 17, 2012, 08:19:42 PM
Reply #29

BootleBlueBoy

I hope to start giving more chances for the Greek Moyes ... Saha's contribution is null and Stracqua is to add in certain games. Our best striker no doubt at the moment is Vellios

its a sad state of affairs isnt it really? wouldnt surprise me if donovan or vic started up front vs blackburn