November 21, 2017, 08:56:49 AM

Author Topic: Everton V Manchester City  (Read 33334 times)

January 28, 2012, 08:30:16 PM
Reply #15

Gash

Global Moderator
So did Samba

So did Lescott before he left us. The point is, in the mad world of player prices you wouldn't get Johnson for £10-£15m, never mind both of them especially with Johnson having nearly 5 years left on his contract.

January 28, 2012, 08:40:10 PM
Reply #16

Thornton_19

Adam Johnson will destroy Nev if they play 1v1  (Hoilett) , but i doubt he will start. They will probably play something more narrow like a 4-2-3-1 rather than with out and out wingers, so pip might be okay.

Talking about wingers both Hoilett and Johnson should be available this summer about 10-15 million for the pair of them, come on Bill do it....

Isn't he out of contract in the summer?

January 28, 2012, 08:42:05 PM
Reply #17

krakkokain

True but Hoilett is out of contract and considering that Johnson is not currently in the starting lineup(barely started a prem game this season) in a team that will only strengthen further. Its not out of the realm of possibilty that they could accept a 10-15 million bid for him, taking into account the pressure on him to get regular games by the english press.

Anyway mute point because we dont have the money. Just looking at the money Liverpool and United have wasted, we could go a long long way with 10-20 million right now.

January 28, 2012, 09:10:21 PM
Reply #18

efctaxi

Hope we destroy the hopes and dreams of every single one of those narcissistic little Sky Blue wankers.

Sink them Straq man.  :tit:

January 28, 2012, 10:25:12 PM
Reply #19

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I would be happy to see the same lineup although I wouldn't be against Hibbert or Drenthe coming in.  A draw would be a great result I just hope we put in a good performance. 

January 29, 2012, 01:15:47 AM
Reply #20

Thornton_19

As long as we don't play like we did at the Ethiad, i'll be happy

January 29, 2012, 05:21:41 AM
Reply #21

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
We played well last night and got a deserved win...

.. So in typical Everton fashion, 3-1 City.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

January 29, 2012, 07:04:57 AM
Reply #22

dunkster

bet it will be hibbo back in at right back. Neville pushed into midfield, young gueye to be benched for anichebe and saha will be back instead of straq. would be typical Moyes.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

January 29, 2012, 05:12:19 PM
Reply #23

Derek

They aren't invincible, so I hold out some hope. I don't expect us to go toe-to-toe with them on the attacking front, but I'd like to be a bit of fight and spirit going forward.

I understand the argument that they only just beat us last time round (at a time when they were hammering everyone) but I hate the argument that our tactics were spot on because we lost by the least. They were boring and would never lead to anything that a loss or (if we were lucky) a mind numbingly boring 0-0.

Up and at 'em!
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

January 29, 2012, 05:18:35 PM
Reply #24

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
They only squeezed past Wigan away and we should have more to offer than them.  A good atmosphere is key to us getting a result. Hopefully the Lescott boos help with that
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 29, 2012, 07:41:27 PM
Reply #25

Thom

Administrator
bet it will be hibbo back in at right back. Neville pushed into midfield, young gueye to be benched for anichebe and saha will be back instead of straq. would be typical Moyes.

I have a horrible feeling we may see this, solely for the fact that Neville will be asked to perform a man marking job on Silva, much like Rodwell did at the Etihad. I can see Anichebe being given the striker position ahead of Saha too, unless Moyes employs Anichebe on the left wing instead of Gueye.

January 29, 2012, 08:00:36 PM
Reply #26

Always a Toffeeman

anyone see a shock return from distin here or hibbert to cb??
 #formerly efc for life

January 29, 2012, 08:05:36 PM
Reply #27

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
none of the following would surprise me: Hibbo back and Neville at centre mid, Distin Back and in for Duffy, Straq dropped for Saha, Drenthe not in squad, Vic back in starting line up, Gueye dropped

Some good, some not
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 29, 2012, 08:11:52 PM
Reply #28

Macca77

At least they will have a ready made excuse for no signings on deadline day " we were busy preparing for the city game "

January 29, 2012, 08:24:04 PM
Reply #29

Stumpy

Hibbo to replace Neville and Drenthe likewise for Geuye would be the changes i'd make.If we play like we did on Friday we can get something out of this,City are not the side they were before xmas,however they are still capable of giving sides a real mauling,if we play like we have the last 2 home games then we will get stuffed.So the same passion as friday please lads and i'll go for 1-1.