October 20, 2019, 11:07:42 AM

Author Topic: Everton V Manchester City  (Read 48871 times)

January 31, 2012, 11:57:26 PM
Read 48871 times

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Wait...there's a game on tonight? ;)

February 01, 2012, 01:18:33 AM
Reply #1

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I feel for Duffy, sometimes it seems we only play youth when there is no other able bodied senior team player who can be shoehorned into the spot in question.

I don't think Hibbert is necessarily a bad option there (although two short CBs is a bit worrying), but the bigger problem I really think moves like this can potentially torpedo a young player's confidence. He has made a couple of mistakes but they clearly aren't the reason he is being dropped, case in point Jags for a lot of this season...in fact Jags has at times played a lot worse.

Moyes could stand to have a little more faith in a player who has stepped up well I feel.

February 01, 2012, 02:43:04 AM
Reply #2

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Oh my goodness. Well it's an unexpected protest I'll give him that.

February 01, 2012, 07:02:17 AM
Reply #3

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Great to see Moyes happy for once, I think the signings really helped give everyone a boost. Really great to hear Goodison back to sounding alive.

Great effort by the players, that was difference to tonight. Happy to see the support for Straq for the shift he put in, plus the effort Drenthe showed perhaps he is capable of listening. I'd kind of written a permanent stay out for him but if he tracks back as he was doing tonight he may yet win Moyes over.

Great clean sheet too, a bit of luck on that score but perhaps Hibbert and Heitinga are the future :)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 07:03:55 AM by blueToffee »