September 17, 2019, 03:11:29 AM

Author Topic: Everton V Manchester City  (Read 47387 times)

February 01, 2012, 12:54:24 AM
Read 47387 times

Risky

NSNO Subscriber

Hope for a good atmosphere tonight, let's get the place rocking! COYB

Agreed, I think that could be the difference tonight.

If we get off to a positive start, maybe get a couple of decisions against us, then hopefully that will trigger the atmosphere we need.

February 01, 2012, 01:10:59 AM
Reply #1

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Would have stuck with Duffy myself, but I can understand the logic in putting Hibbert in.  I do worry about Heitinga and Hibbert's ability to deal with Dzeko in the air though.

February 01, 2012, 01:14:21 AM
Reply #2

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
If Hibbert doesn't have a stormer Moyes has opened himself to all sorts of criticism, shame as the rest of the side is very good.

I don't think he needs to have a stormer, but if he's at fault for any goals (and we lose) then he'll be getting slaughtered for it.

February 01, 2012, 01:46:44 AM
Reply #3

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
I think there's some overreaction to Duffy being dropped in here to be honest.  He's 3 games in to his PL career, so there's no need to get upset about him not getting the experience of playing against City.  If he's good enough, he'll have plenty of opportunities in future.

If he were to come in tonight and have a poor game, which is possible and he has made mistakes so far (he's still at the stage where people turn a blind eye at the moment) then that's what could really do the lad some damage.  He'll be down about not starting tonight for sure, but I doubt it will hurt his confidence.  I'm sure he'll have been spoken to, told he's done well so far but that we don't want to put him under too much pressure when he is so new to PL football.

Youngsters are blooded slowly at EFC, but if they're good enough then they will find there way and stay in.  That's always been the case and I don't think there's cause to get too upset on the basis of tonight's team.

By the way, personally I WOULD have started him tonight.  I can completely understand the argument against it though.

February 01, 2012, 04:01:27 AM
Reply #4

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Fucking brilliant stuff, the first time in ages that we've really had something to get excited about and I've missed that feeling.

Straq superb, Hibbert completely vindicated Moyes' decision and Heitinga was outstanding.  Can't complain about anyone though, they were up for it all over the place and I really really hope that's a corner turned tonight.

February 01, 2012, 04:22:35 AM
Reply #5

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Comedy highlight of the game was Heitinga giving Fellaini a clip round the ear for cavorting with Dzeko.

February 01, 2012, 04:37:51 AM
Reply #6

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Richards always has been a class act to be fair.