September 18, 2019, 11:19:41 PM

Author Topic: Everton V Manchester City  (Read 47724 times)

January 29, 2012, 07:41:27 PM
Read 47724 times

Thom

Administrator
bet it will be hibbo back in at right back. Neville pushed into midfield, young gueye to be benched for anichebe and saha will be back instead of straq. would be typical Moyes.

I have a horrible feeling we may see this, solely for the fact that Neville will be asked to perform a man marking job on Silva, much like Rodwell did at the Etihad. I can see Anichebe being given the striker position ahead of Saha too, unless Moyes employs Anichebe on the left wing instead of Gueye.

February 01, 2012, 12:28:44 AM
Reply #1

Thom

Administrator
I am seeing a 0-3 result tonight due to the massive distractions of the last 24 hours.  Hope I am wrong.  Also hope that Adam Johnson doesn't score.

Possibly, but then you can argue that the fans will be buoyed by Jelavic signing and Pienaar returning, thus inspiring the players against opponents who we've had the number of over the last few years, so we could end up getting the win.

February 01, 2012, 01:05:58 AM
Reply #2

Thom

Administrator
Team confirmed: Howard, Neville, Hibbert, Heitinga, Baines, Donovan, Fellaini, Gibson, Drenthe, Cahill, Stracqualursi.

Hibbert at centre back, Drenthe on left. otherwise everyone in the usual positions.

February 01, 2012, 02:55:20 AM
Reply #3

Thom

Administrator
Moron handcuffing himself to the post. TBU protest? Hmm... We had all the momentum up until that point as well. Might have been better to wait until a bit of City pressure again. ;)

We've been ok in spells, and our pressing has been really, really good. Other times though we've been very sloppy and we could be 1/2 goals down. Cut out the mistakes and we could just nick this one.

edit: Guy was said to be protesting against Ryanair surcharges. According to Ian Doyle (Daily Post sports reporter) on twitter anyway
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 02:57:11 AM by Thom »

February 01, 2012, 03:58:16 AM
Reply #4

Thom

Administrator
Heroic performance. Eleven lions out there tonight who gave absolutely everything, especially in the second half.

Stracqualursi, Heitinga and Hibbert were the standouts for me, but like I said all eleven starters deserve every bit of praise they get tonight. Absolutely made up.