November 16, 2019, 12:11:27 AM

Author Topic: Everton V Manchester City  (Read 50200 times)

February 01, 2012, 04:23:16 AM
Reply #255

Gash

Global Moderator
Brilliant result and performance tonight. It's a long time since there's been a bit of feel good during a game, I actually enjoyed the nerves willing us to hold on for the last few minutes.

February 01, 2012, 04:25:30 AM
Reply #256

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Haven't had this feeling for a very long time. Well over a year.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

February 01, 2012, 04:26:22 AM
Reply #257

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Outstanding. Hibbert, Heitinga, Fellaini were great but Denis was just out of this world. I am proud that I am one of the few who has stuck by him, while many others just had him written off. That was the most amount of effort from a striker I have ever seen. Even when he was dead on his arse he was in for everything. Fucking brilliant, would be made up if we could sign him up
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

February 01, 2012, 04:29:57 AM
Reply #258

keiko

i love strac, he always runs so much but today he had some very good touches of ball and passing, he is a lot more confident since he scored. hibbert was very good too, he is a very good defender. felliani plays well, and dovovan too, he is so good on the ball and composed. yeah great feeling now !!  ;D clap

February 01, 2012, 04:30:55 AM
Reply #259

stirlingblue

Credit to Micah Richards tonight, him and Drenthe really went at each other and looked like they enjoyed it. He could have made a big deal of Drenthe's challenge but didn't.

A rare bit of class from a City player.

February 01, 2012, 04:34:05 AM
Reply #260

blueski

marks to moyes for playing hibbert an outstanding game from him to be fair
Nil Satis

February 01, 2012, 04:34:48 AM
Reply #261

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Credit to Micah Richards tonight, him and Drenthe really went at each other and looked like they enjoyed it. He could have made a big deal of Drenthe's challenge but didn't.

And to be fair, RR should've been sent off for that challenge. No wonder Moyes took him off straight away.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

February 01, 2012, 04:36:10 AM
Reply #262

irishtoffee

Drenthe could have screwed us there. Was a bad effort and could have got sent off. Fair play to Richards.

February 01, 2012, 04:36:39 AM
Reply #263

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber

Totally agree, a lot of players would have tried to get him sent off. He also played well Richards. Only gripe tonight is the chants towards Lescott, I thought we were better than that. Boo him by all means but there's no need for that song.
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

February 01, 2012, 04:37:29 AM
Reply #264

Toddacelli

And to be fair, RR should've been sent off for that challenge. No wonder Moyes took him off straight away.

If ever 10 seconds summed a player up - that was it! Cheeky outrageous clever flick, blistering pace and at the end of it - madness!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

February 01, 2012, 04:37:51 AM
Reply #265

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Richards always has been a class act to be fair.

February 01, 2012, 04:39:03 AM
Reply #266

bigac

Fantastic result.  What a game.  Some great efforts put in there.  Heitinga, Hibbert, Gibson and Straq all stood out. 

More importantly than the result is that the team spirit seems to be back.  It was there for the cup game.  Wonder whats changed?  Whatever it is thank god its happened.

Easy answer - No Saha. Weve had 11 on the pitch.

February 01, 2012, 04:41:09 AM
Reply #267

Stumpy

I've had a lump in my throat for last half hour,proud of every single one of them,Hibbo and heitinger imense,Donovan a touch of class,Straque, as sir stealth said out on his arse at the end but still up and at them,fucking brilliant,and Felliaini,oh my word.The win was great tonight,but even better,was having our old Everton back,and seeing goodison bouncing again.

February 01, 2012, 04:43:15 AM
Reply #268

nomorechang

RIP
Don't you just love Denis ;D ?
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

February 01, 2012, 04:45:43 AM
Reply #269

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Shouldn't have to praise a player because he gets up after a tackle, suppose that shows how grim the game is.

I had shivers when I seen Straqs ovation, he was fucking superb and is much more than a workhorse.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown