November 21, 2017, 04:25:26 PM

Author Topic: Wigan Athletic v Everton  (Read 37114 times)

February 02, 2012, 04:33:52 AM
Reply #30

Always a Toffeeman

to drop anyone after city game is a ridiculous call, hibbert was very good and should continue, just give distin time to recover fully, drenthe i thought had a good game and so did cahill, same team for me, now we have options from the bench!
 #formerly efc for life

February 02, 2012, 04:50:37 AM
Reply #31

Thornton_19

If we play half as well as we did against city we'll win comfortably. No need to change the team, apart from the Hibbert/Duffy scenario maybe.

February 02, 2012, 06:41:55 AM
Reply #32

Ad1989

Stracqualursi
Stracqualursi
Stracqualursi
Stracqualursi
Stracqualursi
Stracqualursi
Stracqualursi
Stracqualursi (C)
Stracqualursi
Stracqualursi
Stracqualursi

February 02, 2012, 11:12:09 AM
Reply #33

krakkokain

Hope Distin is back he was in training today so hopefully. Hibbert did well and it was a good  move to pair him vs Aguero as Duffy is a bit slow, so hope Distin is back if not Duffy in, otherwise same team pls.

February 02, 2012, 12:28:06 PM
Reply #34

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
I don't expect many changes, possibly Pienaar in for Drenthe. Jelavic will probably get a 10-15 minute run out at the end. Could be a dangerous game this one, Wigan tend to surprise when their backs are against the wall. Saying that though I'm still going to predict a 3-1 win for us, having more fans than them in the stadium should help us. Donovan, Gibson  and Cahill for us with 2 of the 3 coming in the last 10 after Victor Moses has brought the scores level.
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

February 02, 2012, 12:37:28 PM
Reply #35

nomorechang

RIP
Moyes has had many critics this season but after his decision to play Hibbo instead of Duffy vs City was proven to be a great decision I think whatever team he picks for Saturday should just be accepted as his best option . Most of the time none of us know who's really fit or carrying a knock or who's doing nothing in training , him and his staff do ... Nothing wrong in us offering an opinion , its part of the attraction of the game , ... I just think some of us need to accept we've got an excellent manager whos working miracles under difficult circumstances.
Just to join in though , I think Distin will return and Hibbo will play at RB with Nev dropping to the bench . I also think he'll find a place for Pienaar
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

February 02, 2012, 12:53:43 PM
Reply #36

JoeHart

for once in your life moyes, send out a team to attack.

Every year at wigan, defensive dave puts on his standard negativity head and we show them far to much respect, sitting deep with men behind the ball.

Try

howard
hibbert duffy heitinga baines
fellaini
donovan pienaar drenthe
jelovik straq
4-1-3-2
Everton forever

February 02, 2012, 03:39:35 PM
Reply #37

Youngy09

Moyes has had many critics this season but after his decision to play Hibbo instead of Duffy vs City was proven to be a great decision I think whatever team he picks for Saturday should just be accepted as his best option . Most of the time none of us know who's really fit or carrying a knock or who's doing nothing in training , him and his staff do ... Nothing wrong in us offering an opinion , its part of the attraction of the game , ... I just think some of us need to accept we've got an excellent manager whos working miracles under difficult circumstances.
Just to join in though , I think Distin will return and Hibbo will play at RB with Nev dropping to the bench . I also think he'll find a place for Pienaar

I would be shocked and amazed (and delighted) if Neville were dropped. It won't happen.

February 02, 2012, 06:38:39 PM
Reply #38

Straq attack

I imagine same line up as v City, unless Distin is fit.  Potentially Pienaar in for Drenthe too, if he is match fit (I personally would like to see Roy get a run though - and hopefully when Donovan leaves, he will play right and Peanuts will play left).

Tough one to call - depends which Wigan turn up - on their day they seem to be able compete with the top teams, but I am hoping they have another off day. Stracq has the potential to cause some more havoc up front too as Wigan's centre backs tend to look a shambles at the best of times.

2-1 Everton: Stracq and Baines for us, Moses for them

February 02, 2012, 08:58:49 PM
Reply #39

Blake

I would be shocked and amazed (and delighted) if Neville were dropped. It won't happen.

He was dropped for Hibbert at RB earlier in the season. With Hibbert's form & Distin back it would be harsher to drop Hibbert.

February 03, 2012, 01:45:29 AM
Reply #40

Fern

wigan0-5 everton

0-5? Come on, are you serious? Away from home? See this is what I mean, we tend to get too carried away. Wigan are capable of getting a result and we've still got allot to prove we can win, when expected. Yes, we got a couple players in but let's hope we can match the level of performance against Man City. I know I sound cynical but I also know it's not that simple.

February 03, 2012, 02:04:11 AM
Reply #41

Snipellis11

Start with the same team that played man city, or bring peanuts in for drenthe, bring jelavic on with 15-20mins left.

2-0 Everton.

February 03, 2012, 02:10:37 AM
Reply #42

Always a Toffeeman

Stracqualursi
Stracqualursi
Stracqualursi
Stracqualursi
Stracqualursi
Stracqualursi
Stracqualursi
Stracqualursi (C)
Stracqualursi
Stracqualursi
Stracqualursi

controversial, same team but prefer my captain to be one of the defensive stracqs
 #formerly efc for life

February 03, 2012, 02:55:57 AM
Reply #43

Youngy09

He was dropped for Hibbert at RB earlier in the season. With Hibbert's form & Distin back it would be harsher to drop Hibbert.

He was dropped because Hibbert was already playing at RB and Neville was playing in midfield, I doubt Moyes will drop him now until he gets injured.

February 03, 2012, 08:20:32 AM
Reply #44

American Evertonian

Stracqualursi
Stracqualursi
Stracqualursi
Stracqualursi
Stracqualursi
Stracqualursi
Stracqualursi
Stracqualursi (C)
Stracqualursi
Stracqualursi
Stracqualursi

So which Stracq is going to score the goals for us in this line up.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.