August 25, 2019, 08:12:38 PM

Author Topic: nervous?  (Read 4701 times)

February 05, 2010, 05:36:44 PM
Read 4701 times

Fellainis Hairdresser

anyone yet?

i really hate going to their place
We're Forever Evertonnnnn!!

February 05, 2010, 05:40:47 PM
Reply #1

Gary Iceman

this is the first time in a few yrs were i havent been nervous of us going to there ground, i honestly think we can turn them over.COYB
Alan Harper: "I made my debut at Goodison against Stoke and was standing in the tunnel waiting to go onto the pitch. Z cars started playing on the PA and I heard the crowd roar. If I could bottle a moment and save it forever, then that would be it.

February 05, 2010, 05:41:43 PM
Reply #2

Bally

Administrator
Have been since Wednesday but not as bad as normal jsut hope we turn up tomorrow
It's the roll I way

February 05, 2010, 05:46:39 PM
Reply #3

}-m-a-c-c-a-{

After the way we hammered them n lost at Goodison I have little confidence in getting a win, I don't want to be negative I just think that they have some of the jammiest luck of any team in the league. COYB
“There is something magical about this club that captures you the minute you step into Goodison – and it doesn’t let you go.”

February 05, 2010, 05:50:35 PM
Reply #4

Endless, Nameless

After the way we hammered them n lost at Goodison I have little confidence in getting a win, I don't want to be negative I just think that they have some of the jammiest luck of any team in the league. COYB

this

I think we should win, but they always get stupid amounts of luck in derbies.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

February 05, 2010, 05:58:20 PM
Reply #5

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
We are twice the team we were at the last derby and they are half the team they were.  If there is ever time to beat them it is now.

February 05, 2010, 05:59:25 PM
Reply #6

dangermouse

Does anyone think that the general media only seem to talk about the Anfield derby games....... They dont seem to be as interested when its at Goodison....

Not that the games at goodison dont get a mention..... they just seem to come accross  "all wet" when talking about derbys played at Anfield....

Maybe its that scarf waving atmosphere they all like...........
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

February 05, 2010, 06:01:10 PM
Reply #7

Jamokachi

Not nervous at the moment, probably will be come tomorrow morning!

February 05, 2010, 06:15:14 PM
Reply #8

Bob Sacamano

Always

February 05, 2010, 06:28:22 PM
Reply #9

Paul.

Never been nervous before a derby. I don't have the same situation as a lot of you though. I dont need to go into work on Monday and get slagged off etc.
Who lit the fuse on your tampon ?

February 05, 2010, 06:30:44 PM
Reply #10

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
It's a brave rs who slags us off this season!

February 05, 2010, 06:39:09 PM
Reply #11

.Rimbo.

First derby in a long time where I haven't been that nervous. That was the worst Liverpool team I've ever seen come to Goodison and get a win. Again, they're without Torres and Steven Gerrard (who was anonymous in the other game) isn't fully fit. Benayoun is the only other Liverpool player that scares me, and he's injured. We'll just have to make sure to put the fucker beyond Reina this time, as he was sensational in the first derby.

The key for me lies with Fellaini though, like it did in the Arsenal game at the Emirates. The amount of times I've seen Gerrard bail them out the shite against us is uncountable; so if Felli' keeps him in his arse-pocket (which he did when he played for Liege, being half the player he is now) then I think we'll be sound. With Cahill getting back on the score-sheet and Louis possessing the midas touch this season, we've definitely the ammunition to hurt them at the other end.

Donovan could have a very fruitful afternoon against Emilio Insua and if Carra' is playing right back then Pienaar and Baines can leave him on toast. Their centre-backs are another weak link and if Mikel's playing...well...this could be our easiest Anfield win in a long time.

As Bally says, though, we need to show up. It's weird with derbies and David Moyes, either we turn up and play very well, or we look completely toothless and spineless. If the former shows up on Saturday, we should have them.

February 05, 2010, 07:09:16 PM
Reply #12

Endless, Nameless

I think the best way to sum it up is that I'm nervous, but not because of Liverpool, but because of ourselves. I'm afraid we won't play as well as we should do and have been.

February 05, 2010, 07:33:17 PM
Reply #13

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I think the best way to sum it up is that I'm nervous, but not because of Liverpool, but because of ourselves. I'm afraid we won't play as well as we should do and have been.

I always get really nervous. Especially during the game where I have adrenaline shakes for the first 10 mins.

However, I agree with Callum in that this time I'm more nervous that we won't do ourselves justice.

We've had several derbies in the last decade where we've thought, this has to be our time. But we've blown them.

I'm hoping that our quality levels are just that bit closer to their's that we can challenge them properly this year as opposed to reliance on team spirit.

As the ability to really make tackles in a game has dissapeared, the "form book out the window" cliche has also been on the wane. Too often they've won as they have had better players.

As was shown by that Mersey XI thread the other day the gap either isn't there or at worst it's very slim.

February 05, 2010, 07:35:07 PM
Reply #14

Endless, Nameless

I always get really nervous. Especially during the game where I have adrenaline shakes for the first 10 mins.

However, I agree with Callum in that this time I'm more nervous that we won't do ourselves justice.

We've had several derbies in the last decade where we've thought, this has to be our time. But we've blown them.

I'm hoping that our quality levels are just that bit closer to their's that we can challenge them properly this year as opposed to reliance on team spirit.

As the ability to really make tackles in a game has dissapeared, the "form book out the window" cliche has also been on the wane. Too often they've won as they have had better players.

As was shown by that Mersey XI thread the other day the gap either isn't there or at worst it's very slim.

I'm like you mate. My heart is always thumping at the start of a derby and I close my eyes and cringe when they're even in our half with the ball. Years of bad luck and derby defeats has made me a nervous wreck.