November 20, 2017, 05:32:58 PM

Author Topic: 1985 goals  (Read 979 times)

February 13, 2012, 02:10:42 PM
Read 979 times

nomorechang

RIP
I've shamelessly nicked this from elsewhere  :whistle: , its nearly 15 minutes of rare footage of goals from our 1985 season

Everton Champions Rare footage 1985 Part 1
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

deCoubertin

February 13, 2012, 02:25:40 PM
Reply #1

nomorechang

RIP
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

February 13, 2012, 04:31:54 PM
Reply #2

Bally

Administrator
brilliant mate only watched the first on for now , amazed at how many goals we got from midfield fucking brilliant, weird that angle though lol
It's the roll I way

February 13, 2012, 05:09:22 PM
Reply #3

Krissy

Thanks for that Chang, excellent videos and great memories.....coyb

February 13, 2012, 08:20:28 PM
Reply #4

dunkster

1st point - wish i had been older than ten and lived more locally than gloucestershire so i could have watched more and known more about them. It was watching everton on tv playing like that, that made me support them. cant exactly remember but about 83/84 i think.

2nd point - some of the defensive play from those teams we scored against were nothing more than shambolic and i couldnt imagine quite as many happening nowadays.

3rd point - how much more of an attacking threat our wide men were back then. Trevor Stevens was everywhere. Whenever a cross came in we had  3-4 players in the box.

4th point - would love to see that team playing our now team.

5th point - happy and sad feelings when you watch that. to think that we were THE team back then.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

February 14, 2012, 02:24:09 PM
Reply #5

sam of the south

That is the best post this year. As Dunkster said, tinged with sadness watching that.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them