November 18, 2017, 01:41:23 AM

Author Topic: 10 years of overspending - Moyes  (Read 1723 times)

February 06, 2010, 03:16:54 PM
Read 1723 times

Bacarelle

See: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/David-Moyes-accuses-Liverpool-of-a-decade-of-overspending-and-says-Everton-are-now-ready-to-cash-in-article313367.html

Well said Mr Moyes.

Ironically, RS fans I know are always going on about how Bentitez never has any money to buy decent players and point to Gerrard as an example of how they have to rely on home-grown talent ! In which case it really is amazing how many RS "home-grown" players speak fluent Spanish !

I can remember Jan Molby playing for them and at least he had the sense to speak English with a scouse accent.

Personally I think Benitez should stay and get all the money he wants. He clearly doesn't know how to spend it and so ends up doing a great job !
The elephant is a pretty bird
It flits from bough to bough
It makes its nest in a rhubarb tree
And whistles like a cow

deCoubertin

February 06, 2010, 03:38:51 PM
Reply #1

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
I can remember Jan Molby playing for them and at least he had the sense to speak English with a scouse accent.
only because he couldn't speak proper danish .....  not the brightest guy to play for denmark ...

February 06, 2010, 03:53:44 PM
Reply #2

Derek

I mean, he's right. They've had so much to spend and it's mostly went nowhere.

I hope our boys see they are there for the taking today and play them off the park.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

February 06, 2010, 03:57:47 PM
Reply #3

evertonjoe

I mean, he's right. They've had so much to spend and it's mostly went nowhere.

I hope our boys see they are there for the taking today and play them off the park.

This. Would be excellent to see someone who we bought in on the cheap like Cahill or a player who came up from the youth team like Vaughan or Osman score just to really get acroos the point that they have wasted so much over the years.

R.A.P Music

February 06, 2010, 04:18:09 PM
Reply #4

Midfield General

lol He certainly knows how to ruffle a few feathers does our Davey

February 06, 2010, 04:19:08 PM
Reply #5

Derek

He's getting better at it too, btw.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

February 06, 2010, 04:19:54 PM
Reply #6

Pienaar's 6th dreadlock from the right

This. Would be excellent to see someone who we bought in on the cheap like Cahill or a player who came up from the youth team like Vaughan or Osman score just to really get acroos the point that they have wasted so much over the years.

Hibbert!

February 06, 2010, 04:32:28 PM
Reply #7

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Aquilani £20m+
Torres £20m+
Johnson £16m
Babel £10m+
Keane £20m

Deluded...
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

February 06, 2010, 05:27:40 PM
Reply #9

Jamokachi