November 25, 2017, 10:16:44 AM

Author Topic: 23-year-old striker Matias Suarez.  (Read 1660 times)

February 24, 2012, 01:48:47 PM
Read 1660 times

true1891blue

Looked at this and laughed 1 the metro and 2 were in for a player that barca and arsenal are after but here you go.

Barcelona have joined Arsenal and Everton in the race for Anderlecht's 23-year-old striker Matias Suarez.

The trio have become big fans of the highly-rated Argentine, and will continue scouting him in tonight's Europa League clash against AZ Alkmaar.

Suarez is almost certain to quit Anderlecht in the summer, after two superb seasons in Belgian football, scoring 42 goals and collecting 34 assists to date, following a transfer from Buenos Aires club Belgrano in 2008.

The 23-year-old has no shortage of admirers across Europe, and he was strongly linked with a move to Arsenal during the January transfer window, after admitting the Gunners had held talks with his agent.

'I do not deny that my agent may have had contact with Arsenal. I'm flattered to be linked with this great club,' Suarez said.

The speculation surrounding the Gunners interest has continued, and although both clubs have rubbished talk of a pre-contract agreement for the summer, manager Arsene Wenger has sent his chief scout Steve Rowley to watch the player at least twice since the start of the year.

However, Arsenal are not the only Premier League side in the race for Suarez, with Everton also checking on the forward during Anderlecht's recent 3-1 win over KVC Westerlo on Sunday, where he opened the scoring.

Also present at the game were representatives from Barcelona, who seem to like what they've seen so far, and will scout the Argentine in Europa League action against AZ Alkmaar on Thursday night.

The news has already alerted a selection of Spanish newspapers, with some suggesting that Suarez is near the top of Barcelona's summer shopping list, as they target a striker who can play in the wide areas, as back up to David Villa.

Anderlecht are said to be ready to cash in on their prized asset at the end of the season, and given Arsenal's youth partnership with them, the north Londoners hope they will be given first option, despite doubts over the striker's work permit eligibility.

Suarez is expected to command a fee in excess of 10 million

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/891234-matias-suarez-races-hots-up-as-barcelona-join-arsenal-spies#ixzz1nHckeaLK

deCoubertin

February 24, 2012, 06:38:46 PM
Reply #1

Bily No Pace

Is this one a racist?
Bily No Pace has no signature

February 24, 2012, 06:44:17 PM
Reply #2

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
He is allowed to be racist as he is from south america

Simply simply lovely

February 24, 2012, 06:53:31 PM
Reply #3

C-R-A-I-G

It says that he has been at the club for 2 seasons... make that 4  :-\

February 24, 2012, 07:27:11 PM
Reply #4

Bacarelle

He is allowed to be racist as he is from south america

No, the other one was allowed to be a rascist because he played for th RS.
The elephant is a pretty bird
It flits from bough to bough
It makes its nest in a rhubarb tree
And whistles like a cow

February 24, 2012, 07:30:15 PM
Reply #5

littlebluef3

i know the song already

Who needs Suarez.
when we have Suarez.

February 24, 2012, 09:07:36 PM
Reply #6

fast lane

Surprised at this, as we're not supposed to have any money.

I watched him play against AZ last night.
Other than a great shot from outside the penalty area against the inside of the post, in which he was very unlucky, he was pretty much invisible.

The Belgians really rate him though, which is probably why so many people are chasing him.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)