August 18, 2019, 07:49:56 PM

Author Topic: LIVERPOOL  (Read 399173 times)

May 05, 2012, 05:38:39 PM
Reply #15

BigWoodenSpoon

You show me a Liverpool team that has won a Premier League Title.

I never said I would.  But I love the fact you're berating us for not winning a Premier League title, when Everton haven't one either.  You couldn't make it up!

What i did question was the fact that someone said all our titles are behind us.  Obviously that's going to be the case.  No team is going to win a title in the future.

May 06, 2012, 02:54:55 AM
Reply #16

BigWoodenSpoon

city as well! i genuinely think we will before LFC do

Win something at least before shouting your mouth off about winning the league before we do.

May 06, 2012, 03:01:30 AM
Reply #17

BigWoodenSpoon

Man Utd.

They will definitely win titles in the near future.

You wont!

Yeah, but they've won fcuk all for it now.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 03:05:19 AM by BigWoodenSpoon »

May 06, 2012, 03:11:18 AM
Reply #18

BigWoodenSpoon

He gave an opinion, he wasn't 'shouting off'.

You won one cup, well done. Enjoy the Europa Thursday nights next season. Wouldn't have said no to that for Everton, but let's be honest, it's pretty shit really, compared to the CL. Especially when you've spent as much as you lot have spent and crow as much about stuff as you lot do.

You're going to be the butt of jokes for a while, probably for a while longer if we finish above yous. Man up and accept it lad.

Enjoy Newsnight mate. You and the rest of the Everton squad.

May 06, 2012, 03:13:43 AM
Reply #19

BigWoodenSpoon

Unless you get taken over again, it's 99% certain you ain't winning the league title any time soon.

You simply don't have the finances to compete with Utd, City and Chelsea. You might be able to compete with Arsenal and Spurs at a push. The money you lot spend, you should be above Newcastle and us. That's down to your manager or whoever buys your players these days.

Stick 7th in your honours list. We'll just stick to winning trophies.

May 06, 2012, 05:27:35 PM
Reply #20

BigWoodenSpoon

Fine. When are you going to start?

We never stopped. You did. In 1995.

May 06, 2012, 08:03:30 PM
Reply #21

BigWoodenSpoon

Yea that 1 in the last six years. #bigtime

Mate while you're in the past will you tell me not to hook with that slag from uni, she's a wrong'un.

Despite the fact I'm referring to our Carling Cup win in 2012, you say I'm living in the past. Go figure.

May 07, 2012, 03:06:51 AM
Reply #22

BigWoodenSpoon

bE
You won the worst trophy available. Ask any *big club at the beginning of the season about the Carling Cup, and they'll tell you its one for the kids. So well done, you won the Kids Cup on penalties against a Championship team.

So embarrassed for you.

Don't be. I find it embarrassing that you're calling us for winning a trophy when you haven't won a trophy yourself.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 03:09:43 AM by BigWoodenSpoon »

May 07, 2012, 03:55:23 PM
Reply #23

BigWoodenSpoon

I love this 100million spend being banded about. Truth is we've spent 135million on players in the last two seasons. But we've recouped about 105million.

Giving a total net spend of about 30million. Which is 15million a season. This is the figure you should be using as it gives a truer account of things.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 04:01:05 PM by BigWoodenSpoon »

May 07, 2012, 05:00:50 PM
Reply #24

BigWoodenSpoon

You're missing Lucas out of that equation. We've missed him this season and it's no coincidence our results have suffered as a consequence

May 07, 2012, 07:07:38 PM
Reply #25

BigWoodenSpoon

Over the past few seasons we've lost our most influential players for anything up to 9 months.

Yak, Arteta and a fully on song, turning up in big games, consistent, Fellaini. We still managed to get results and finish 5th and 6th in the league.

You lot have lost a player who 2 seasons ago most Liverpool fans were calling all the cunts under the sun about how shite he was performing.

Man up and admit you've gone backwards in the last couple of years.

It's not even a slight decline. It's massive. l think you know that as well though, no matter how you protest.

Only once in those last few seasons you've finished 5th. Looking at your league finishes it's not only us going backwards.

May 07, 2012, 08:59:17 PM
Reply #26

BigWoodenSpoon

Once you become a selling club it's hard to buck that trend. As the neighbours are finding out but are to blinded by a deluded sense of self-entitlement to see it.

This years Champions League semis had about 6 ex Liverpool players in it (I think), all moved on to bigger and better things. That is a prime example of a selling club.

Name them?

May 07, 2012, 09:09:29 PM
Reply #27

BigWoodenSpoon

Meireles, Arbeloa, Alonso and Torres off the top of my head.

Good going! Did Masch play? Genuine question.

May 08, 2012, 01:00:47 AM
Reply #28

BigWoodenSpoon

The fact is, Liverpool have invested hundreds of millions over the past 5-seasons. It doesn't matter that you have also recouped money. For a spend of the magnitude made, you would expect Liverpool to be a top-4 team. Yet you are not even close to that, and I doubt you have the players to get you close to that.

I really hope you don't go into business Nebs. Gross spend is all well and good but it's net spend that really matters. Of course it matters how much we've had to sell/recoup. If we had an equal squad to Spurs for example but had to sell to invest money in new players, but Spurs didn't, then it would be natural to assume that Spurs would have the better squad. Their net spend would be greater than ours and you'd have to say therefore that their squad would be better in quality. Whereas gross spend would be the same.

May 08, 2012, 01:09:53 AM
Reply #29

BigWoodenSpoon

Hang on:

Everton league finishes last 3 seasons including the current one:

09/10: 8th. 10/11: 7th. 11/12: 7th (if we beat Newcastle).

Liverpool league finishes last 3 seasons including the current one:

09/10: 7th. 10/11: 6th. 11/12: 8th (if you get beat by Chelsea, possibly 9th and maybe even as low as 10th if Swansea beat you, and WBA beat Arsenal).

Who's going backwards, did you say? We're on course to match last season's finish, after spending a faction of the money brought in by selling Yakubu, Beckford, Arteta, Saha and Bily.

You, on the other hand, will definitely finish lower than last season, despite having spent tons of money under Dalglish and Commoli. I can understand your bitterness and delusion, but you really need to stop this revisionist and alternate reality bollocks. Get a grip lad.

If you read my response, lad, it was in reply to the person who said they were finish in 6th and 5th. Which last time I looked was higher than what you'll finish this season. Lad!