August 16, 2018, 05:12:06 AM

Author Topic: LIVERPOOL  (Read 353598 times)

July 10, 2012, 04:35:30 PM
Reply #15

Ross

Looks like Carroll could be going

If that's the case the owners really are giving him a free hand over all the football affairs at the club.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 17, 2012, 01:08:30 AM
Reply #16

Ross

Eventually, one manager at Liverpool is going to start getting more things right than he is wrong.

Benitez eventually lost his mind over Fergie and that fucked them up, Hodgson was never really taken to, Dalglish is past it, Rodgers is still relatively unknown.

Lets hope he carries on the way their most recent gaffers have, but they keep backin them and eventually it's likely to come good.

Thing is, they've lost a lot of ground in the last 2 or 3 years that they're nowhere near the top 4 just now which is all part of their structure. A couple more years out of the CL and it could properly fuck them up.

I agree, but in a similar situation  it took United a lot of time, money and managers to get to winning things with Fergie. I can't see them giving Rogers anywhere near the same time to build a team as he had, footballs became more about instant success since then. Added to the fact that Fergie was a proven winner previously and Rogers is just as likely to turnout to be a flash in the pan as much as a success.

At the moment he looks like a more media savy version of Paul Jewell to me.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 27, 2012, 03:36:30 PM
Reply #17

Ross

The first shout out of silly season from Gerrard.

I do think we will get in the top four, said Gerrard. I think we will get it." 

July 28, 2012, 05:14:07 PM
Reply #18

Ross

Gotta think at this time it's a 3-way race for the 4th spot against Spurs and Arsenal.

Probably, but Spurs, Arsenal and who? You can't seriously mean them  lolol

August 17, 2012, 07:06:10 PM
Reply #19

Ross

From what I gather, he didn't really ask that much more than Ajax were offering, but simply refused to step down.
They didn't like that at Ajax, not that I mind though, but it does give a glimpse of his character.

Doesn't like to back down even when it's obvious it's for the best? Has an attitude problem? Haven't they got someone like that?

August 22, 2012, 05:12:39 AM
Reply #20

Ross

So Borini's a striker now??? Ffs!

Everything I've read about him calls him that? What's his position then?

August 25, 2012, 07:05:56 AM
Reply #21

Ross

PMSL

http://richardp1975.wordpress.com/2012/08/24/full-kit-wankers/

lolol lolol  lolol

I've just pissed myself ...It may be the ale......No its laughing at them  lolol

August 26, 2012, 05:18:17 PM
Reply #22

Ross

3-0 City and the Rodgers PR campaign to go into overdrive.

"city are great champions, I saw signs there that were getting close. I want my teams to play a certain way and where getting there. I'VE got some fantastic talented players..........."

August 26, 2012, 11:45:34 PM
Reply #23

Ross

radio city commentary is awful, jonjo shelvey, jonjo shelvey, jonjo shelvey, jonjo shelvey, ffs why r they pronouncing his whole name   :bonk:

Are they playing the banjo as background music?

August 29, 2012, 10:07:46 PM
Reply #24

Ross

I feel sorry for Lucas which sits unfortable with me.... but on the flip side the whole Downing to leftback thing is hilarious.

August 31, 2012, 05:53:40 AM
Reply #25

Ross

It's tactless at best, isn't it? That club drives managers to madness.

Very strange the way this is playing out. None of the media outlets want to castigate Rodgers or Dalglish for this, or even blame the shite for being conned by Newcastle.

It's like they have influential friends in the media.

August 31, 2012, 07:52:42 PM
Reply #26

Ross

I hate Dalglish, but in his defence, someone above him was authorising these stupid bids.

Isn't he on record though as saying all transfers made where his targets? Surely the board or who ever would have asked his opinion on transfer fees?

September 01, 2012, 04:17:00 PM
Reply #27

Ross

Very interesting draw. Not straight forward by any means. Could have done without the big travel to Russia.

I would say looking at the size and depth of your squad, you could have done without beating Hearts. I reckon he may just forfeit that competition  out of necessity.

September 03, 2012, 12:06:15 AM
Reply #28

Ross

Bringing Owen in would be seen as desperate imo.

Cant see Rodgers wanting to lose face so quickly.

Couple of injuries to their first 11 and they're fucked. l really dont see where their goals are going to come from Suarez aside.

Didn't you want us to go for Owen? We've got far more options upfront than they have, for me Owen is the only option left for them.

September 03, 2012, 07:02:36 PM
Reply #29

Ross

The ilb touch

Watch em fly up the league now

He may be close to something here though. Its not just that they can't score goals, they don't look like they could keep a clean sheet playing the Remploy B' team.

A good manger adapts his football principles to suite his squad, trying to do it the other way round will only end badly.  Especially if he's not getting the financial backing to radically change his squad.