August 25, 2019, 08:42:51 PM

Author Topic: LIVERPOOL  (Read 399647 times)

September 19, 2012, 07:34:27 AM
Reply #15

Evertonexile

And now begins our weekly series of "The Best Moments of Being Liverpool" brought to you by Dirty tackle!

This week includes:

-Brendan Rodgers failing at math

- Suarez playing monopoly

-Brendan Rodger's daughter's dating habits

-Liverpool players trying to comprehend baseball

AND MUCH MUCH MORE

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/very-best-moments-being-liverpool-episode-1-235757128--sow.html#more-14943
Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

September 20, 2012, 07:05:32 PM
Reply #16

Evertonexile

I bet Lawrenson can't wait till tomorrow night when they play "Young boys".

Win.

September 21, 2012, 08:24:33 AM
Reply #17

Evertonexile

Also observed from the series:

Rodgers wife is a fucking elephant.

September 22, 2012, 11:08:59 AM
Reply #18

Evertonexile

Jamie Redknapp

"Liverpool against Manchester United is always the biggest game on the calendar for those two clubs"

Do we think this? I bet you most Liverpool fans who are scousers look when they play Everton before Manchester United when the fixtures come out.

Key words in there "who are scousers". Always seemed to me those reds who are from Liverpool or have some connection to the city (parents, etc) look forward to us, while foreign/out of town fans are more concerned with the glory of beating united.

September 26, 2012, 10:53:13 PM
Reply #19

Evertonexile

Both should have seen red. Evans had his eyes on the ball but the letter of the law states that two footed lunges, studs showing, and off the ground is a red. He probably would have got a yellow, at the very least, if he had not stayed down.

See, I hate to be that guy, but that's not at all what the law states.

The two possible charges that could constitute a straight red from a tackle are 1. Serious foul play, and 2. Violent conduct. Though I haven't seen the match report, I'm guessing the red card charge for Shelvy was serious foul play (violent conduct is usually used for off the ball incidents or directly attacking another player (i.e, throwing an elbow while going for the ball).

This shows how tough it can be on referees. No real definition for serious foul play is offered, so the referee has to make a split second decision without much guideline to go off of except his own opinion. Nowhere in the entire law book does it mention two footed lunges, studs showing, or making a flying tackle.

September 27, 2012, 07:45:56 AM
Reply #20

Evertonexile

Fair enough mate. I know you're a referee so you'll know the rules much better than any standard fan.

I still think that Evans staying down after the challenge contributed to him getting away with a card though.

100% agree with you about Evans.

Imo officials should be allowed to book players for simulating pain/injuries, not only for simulating contact with officials. If an official sees a player hit in one spot and goes down holding another (ex: getting elbowed in the chest and holding your face), or rolling around like they've been shot, the official should be allowed to yellow card the offending player. All cards given for this reason will be reviewed post-match by the nation's FA (at the top level, at least).

Now, this of course will he controversial. There can be injuries where the injury occurs away from where the contact is (example: getting your foot stomped can cause your knee to twist and bust it). But they leave so much up to the opinion of officials, whats so different with this? If you are overacting to get me to think a challenge was worse than it was, why can't I punish you? Just the rule being in the books would cut down on rolling about. These are pro footballers- if they can take less pain than the average 12 year old something's very wrong.

In addition, I would grant a one warning rule about surrounding the referee. If the referee orders you to back away, or gives a designated signal (such as waving you away with his arms, to overcome the language barrier) all players must back away from the referee immediately or face yellow cards. The referee will then call over the players he wishes to speak to, or the team's captain can request to approach (a simple "May I speak?"). If the captain can't approach (such as if he's been brought down in a tackle) one player, no more,  may fulfill his place. This would cut down on players surrounding referees and influencing calls.