May 31, 2020, 04:45:00 PM

Author Topic: LIVERPOOL  (Read 439735 times)

April 29, 2013, 06:47:56 PM
Reply #330

BigWoodenSpoon

So once again they made an arse out of their mouth by moaning how unjust his ban was then failing to appeal.

It's pointless appealing really.  If anything, the ban would have only been increased in my opinion, not lessened.

April 29, 2013, 06:51:16 PM
Reply #331

BigWoodenSpoon

Rodgers complaining that the fa have punished the man not the act.

Does he have no comprehension of what personal responsibility means? Of course they punish the man.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I think what Brendan is saying is they've given a harsh punishment because it was Suarez, rather than the act.  He's probably referencing Defoe's bite and why he wasn't suitably punished if the FA deemed it exceptional circumstances.

April 29, 2013, 07:05:33 PM
Reply #332

BigWoodenSpoon

Both are pretty bad. I wouldn't be against the FA reviewing this and adding to the ban

I dont think prison or the death penalty is fair for Suarez, however I do feel that a lengthy ban of 8-12 games is

Do you think the 10 games is fair?

If the main defence involves incidents that didn't involve Luis Suarez than its a pretty weak case, though just for the record I think it would be fair to go back and give Defoe a 10 game ban too. If Marouane Fellaini bites someone this weekend I would also suggest a 10 game ban as a suitable punishment

If they are punishing the man then they are punishing a man who has done several bad things worthy of banning and never seems to learn from his mistakes

i could argue about the inconsistencies and what not, but i think It's a bit harsh if you ask me.  I heard their reasons, of which I don't agree with.

Just as a point, would you give Fellaini more of a ban as hasn't he had previous too?  He's obviously not learning so would you keep on increasing the ban length until he seems to have learnt his lesson.

Which also raises the point that if someone does has a bad disciplinary record, instead of a 3 match ban for red cards would you increase it to 4 maybe, as they're eclearly not learning their lesson?

The whole thing is very inconsistent and the only good thing to come out of all this is the fact that it's shown the disciplinary process to be a bit of a farce.  Hopefully this may force some changes.

April 29, 2013, 07:16:02 PM
Reply #333

BigWoodenSpoon

Ouestion for BWS

Yes or no, Do you think Suarez is the dirtiest cunt ever to play in the EPL?

If your answer is no please name a player you deem worse than him.

No, not ever.

Vinny Jones springs to mind.

April 29, 2013, 07:23:30 PM
Reply #334

BigWoodenSpoon

Just read the response to Borini's goal celebration.

I see a major newspaper got it wrong too, after previously publishing an article all about his goal celebration.  Unbelievable!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 07:25:03 PM by BigWoodenSpoon »

April 30, 2013, 06:47:57 PM
Reply #335

BigWoodenSpoon

Good point about bans increasing the more red cards you get

Steven Pienaar was given 2 red cards this season and served an extra ban for getting 2 in a season which seems fair

As for Fellaini he has only had 1 red card in his Everton career I believe, as well as the retrospective one he got against Stoke

If he headbutts someone again he should get an increased ban. It would be hypocritical of me to say otherwise

It would clearly show that he hasnt learned his lesson

If Suarez bites someone else in a match I think the next ban would be closer to a full seasons ban!!!!

Its been a tough time for Liverpool this past week. The worst thing has been the reaction of official club sources like Brendan Rodgers, Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher and Ian Ayre (I think thats his name anyway)

Carragher saying he would rather have a bite than a broken leg was pathetic

Also how good the man is at football shouldnt have been used as part of his defence!it is irrelevant to the incident!

Yeah, using Fellaini as an example probably wasn't right on my behalf.  I didn't know that about Pienaar, and if what you are saying is true then I think it is right.

I can see where Carragher is coming from totally when he said what he said, and it raises the question of whether or not we should raise the length of the ban according to the severity of the injury suffered?  If someone breaks someone's leg, then that player couldn't play again until 2-3 months had passed (the time it takes for the player to recover from their broken leg).

I know there's plenty of cons to this but a point I think is worth raising.

April 30, 2013, 07:11:47 PM
Reply #336

BigWoodenSpoon

When considering punishment the FA take into account just how much of a cunt the player is.

The FA have a high tech cunt-o-meter that the panel use to decide punishment.

Suarez was off the scale so the least they could do was ban him for 10 games.

The cunt-o-meer has now been sent away for recalibration as when it was designed no-one foresaw the levels of cuntishness that suarez would bring to the game.

That's exactly what I was trying to say but in a more dressed up I'm-at-work kinda way.

April 30, 2013, 07:24:48 PM
Reply #337

BigWoodenSpoon

Funny that. Im at work and Im slightly wary of writing the c word multiple times.....

Hahahahaha!  I like it.

May 10, 2013, 06:39:06 PM
Reply #338

BigWoodenSpoon

Now they're made-up. Convincing themselves the door has been opened for them to make it 6 times. Rock on Woodenspoon lad.

:-*

We need to get in Europe before we can start saying things like that.

Although I do think that now is the perfect time to be a Premier League manager. With Fergie out of the picture, Rafa not being here next season, Mancini who should have done better with the squad he has, plus Arsene with a very young team, and AVB still learning the ropes, I think the Premier League next year could be anyones. 

Although if Mourinho comes in at Chelsea, I can see it being his as he usually gets instant success where ever he has been.

May 13, 2013, 06:41:55 PM
Reply #339

BigWoodenSpoon

Spoke to a lad in the pub last night, said there's a rumour around Liverpool that Brenda is getting the boot and they're going for Martinez again?

I can't see that they would get rid of another manager?

Unless he's slept with one of the top brass's partners I can't see that being the case.

May 15, 2013, 06:50:18 PM
Reply #340

BigWoodenSpoon

And that's why I don't want him. You should be top 10 but you 18th. Something is not right

The defence.

May 22, 2013, 06:59:31 PM
Reply #341

BigWoodenSpoon

On the subject of Brenda, he's starting to burn a bit of money, between letting Carroll go for 15m and the money they blew on Sahin.

If Brendan bought Carroll I think you'd have a point, but seeing as though he never bought him i don't think you can blame him for selling Carroll for 15m.  Afterall what is he worth?  We should never have bought him for 35m as he wasn't worth that.  I think 15m is about right.  And as I believe we're in the selling to buy market now, it's something that he needed to do if he wanted to bring fresh faces in.

As for Sahin, it wasn't a great deal blown in the grand scheme of things.

June 02, 2013, 03:49:48 AM
Reply #342

BigWoodenSpoon

I could never bring myself to burn an everton shirt, it just shows how vile they are. Even more so now their shirts carry a Hillsborough tribute. 

Vile for burning a shirt - bit dramatic isn't it? Shit shirt anyway, awful design, not surprised it was being burnt.

By the way, the Hillsborough tribute has been there for a while, it's just been part of the badge.

June 02, 2013, 03:58:47 AM
Reply #343

BigWoodenSpoon

I've heard a few reds who aren't that arsed if he does go, me included. As long as we get top dollar. Don't get me wrong, I rather he stayed but if he wants to go then let him.

Seen a few stats doing the rounds. Apparently without Suarez's goals this season we would have finished...7th!

Win percentage with Suarez 39%. Without Suarez 68% (or something like that - it's a lot better anyway).

Whatever will be will be, we've survived greater loses.