October 19, 2017, 12:23:18 PM

Author Topic: Moyes  (Read 11403 times)

February 06, 2010, 08:47:12 PM
Read 11403 times

.Rimbo.

Shown up by Benitez today tactically. Never looked likely when they went down to ten men.

If shoe was on the other foot, Liverpool would have picked us off. We just looked clueless playing against 10 men.

Of course, I'll be branded a Moyes-hater now, who hides when we're winning. Moyes still has a lot to learn tactically.

deCoubertin

February 06, 2010, 08:49:44 PM
Reply #1

gemine69

Agree.  We never looked likely to score today.
Don't think, feel.  It is like a finger pointing away to the moon.  Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all the Heavenly Glory - Bruce Lee

February 06, 2010, 08:50:04 PM
Reply #2

Connavar

We'll never win a derby at Anfield under Moyes. And that's comin from someone who loves Moyes.

February 06, 2010, 08:51:44 PM
Reply #3

Endless, Nameless

I don't think Benitez' tactics were at all brilliant. They didn't deserve to win -- we deserved to lose.

Moyes' substitutions were just crazy. I can't understand any of them.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

February 06, 2010, 08:52:58 PM
Reply #4

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
This is why Moyes will never manage Man U.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

February 06, 2010, 08:54:21 PM
Reply #5

Connavar

The Yak/Osman substitution was the right one to make if not a little late. Unless Saha is carrying a knock, u
I dunno why Anichebe came on.

February 06, 2010, 08:54:55 PM
Reply #6

.Rimbo.

just not enough urgency and not enough creativity going forward

Donovan was the brightest player today and looked most likely - no idea why Yakubu was brought on though, he was awful except for 2 touches

best thing Anichebe did was look like he wanted to tear Gerrard apart, even when he'd beaten a defender with a clever turn his lack of decision-making ability shone through

I know mate. Yakubu is honestly scaring me, looks half the player. Absolutely fucked.

February 06, 2010, 08:55:58 PM
Reply #7

irishtoffee

wouldn't give benitez much credit. what annoys me is how slow he(moyes) is to make changes. if we were creating chances and he felt we were unlucky to be losing then give the players more time but today was a joke. outside for cahill's header we barely got in their box so as soon as we went one down why not make changes straight away. even go for 3 up front and try a bit of hoofball. anything. we might as well lose 2-0 going for it rather than 1-0 creating nothing

February 06, 2010, 08:56:33 PM
Reply #8

Youngy09

This is why Moyes will never manage Man U.

This

February 06, 2010, 08:59:29 PM
Reply #9

Youngy09

Benitez did have better tactics. To injure our most influential player at the moment and then hit corners to where he would normally be and where that clown Neville would be instead. They would never have scored that goal if Felaini had still been on. Saying that though, we were turd!

February 06, 2010, 09:01:33 PM
Reply #10

.Rimbo.

wouldn't give benitez much credit. what annoys me is how slow he(moyes) is to make changes. if we were creating chances and he felt we were unlucky to be losing then give the players more time but today was a joke. outside for cahill's header we barely got in their box so as soon as we went one down why not make changes straight away. even go for 3 up front and try a bit of hoofball. anything. we might as well lose 2-0 going for it rather than 1-0 creating nothing

Agreed with Blarg's point and as for this, it's not just about subs though is it? I mean, in terms of passing style, tempo and patterns, it just wasn't there today. If I needed to show some people evidence that Moyes clearly doesn't work on passing play as much in training, as he does in fitness, I'd show them today's tape. We are one of the fittest teams in the league but our lack of movement is astonishing. The amount of times players are hiding behind players is quite frightening.

Arteta didn't look as effective today because when he had the ball people were just looking at him, expecting him to do it all. No movement. Pass-and-move, pass-and-move...it's not that hard! Very stagnant build-up play though.

February 06, 2010, 09:02:25 PM
Reply #11

Craig_1878

Awful tactics, awful performances.
"Sunday Bloody Sunday. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!"- Alan Partridge

February 06, 2010, 09:02:48 PM
Reply #12

gemine69

quote author=.Rimbo. link=topic=1767.msg30507#msg30507 date=1265468095]
I know mate. Yakubu is honestly scaring me, looks half the player. Absolutely fucked.
[/quote]

I really don't think we will see Yakubu back to anything like his best until next season.  Whether it is with us or not.
Don't think, feel.  It is like a finger pointing away to the moon.  Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all the Heavenly Glory - Bruce Lee

February 06, 2010, 09:05:25 PM
Reply #13

Les Trebilcock

Getting beat by an ale-house team !

Moyes you're a naughty naughty boy -- you always introduce unmatch-fit players in big, important games -- there's something f**king wrong with you.

You can take that to the bank.

February 06, 2010, 09:08:24 PM
Reply #14

Meak

I have a problem with Moyes.. let me just begin by saying, however, I DO NOT WANT HIM FIRED.... FIRST AND FOREMOST!!

i love all he's done for our club, with no transfer budget at all...

he's a great man, and works magic with the players.... BUT

when we play sky four teams, its embarassing!!!

we cant beat them!!!

i've just checked the last time we got 3 points versus Liverpool: Sept 9th 2006(3-0).... Arsenal: March 18th 2007(1-0).... Man United: April 20th 2005(1-0)... Chelsea: November 2000 (2-1) Walter Smith was manager then!!

it's sickening as now whenever we face one of them, a draw is basically a win it seems... 10 men today vs the shite and they outplay us as if we had 10...

but you have teams such as Burnley and Fulham beating Man U.. Wigan beating Chelsea... Sunderland, Pompey, Fulham beating Liverpool... Hull, Stoke and oh look! Fulham again beating Arsenal...and these are the marginal teams beating them... not just Tottenham, Villa, etc...

David Moyes beat a fucking sky four team please!!!

Today he's just run a little bit short with me, and i know i can't be the only one.... I love the man but Davey, please don't make me hate you!!
Follow me on Twitter @BlakeEMeakin