October 22, 2017, 10:00:44 AM

Author Topic: Moyes  (Read 11428 times)

February 06, 2010, 09:52:32 PM
Reply #60

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Villa were the only decent team we faced apart from Chelsea.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

deCoubertin

February 06, 2010, 09:55:31 PM
Reply #61

cantoffee

Really don't get the abuse being hurled at Anichebe right now, he was closer to scoring with his one turn than Saha did was all game, yes he f'd up the chance but at least he made a chance.

February 06, 2010, 09:55:46 PM
Reply #62

.Rimbo.

we beat villa mboro and faced liverpool twice and utd and then into the final so we went quite far tbh

We're not talking about Villa and Boro, though, they're not top four opposition. The first leg at Anfield we played in a very negative fashion, and Lescott nicked a goal at the Kop end. That day, we got away with it. Well, we didn't, because Howard let them back in it. But we didn't get beat. At home, however, in the second leg, Moyes had to go for it for three reasons;

1) They had ten men.
2) It was a cup game, so someone HAD to win.
3) We were the home side.

And of course, you can dress it up as beating United but as Vermillion and I have already said, it was pretty much United reserves; Wellbeck, Gibson, Fabio, Rafael and Foster all started to my recollection.

And as Blarg said before, the whole reason we lost the final was because of such tactics!

February 06, 2010, 09:55:59 PM
Reply #63

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I think we are in danger of dumbing down our achievements from last season.  We did do fantastically to get to the final.  However, we don't show that killer instinct that we need to progress to a top four level and that is what we need to find.

February 06, 2010, 09:56:03 PM
Reply #64

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
we beat villa mboro and faced liverpool twice and utd and then into the final so we went quite far tbh

Boro - Where are they now?
Liverpool - Last minute of extra time against 10 men.
Villa - Weren't even close to their best, we played well but it was hardly a great win.
United - Was a reserve team that we just about scraped past on penalties. Might not have even gotten that far if it wasn't for them being unlucky not to get a penalty.

Chelsea - First real test of the competition and we did what we always do against teams like them under pressure, we absolutely bottled it.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

February 06, 2010, 09:59:41 PM
Reply #65

Синий русский язык

well what can i say then ? but all you should lay of moyes back because were all turning into fuckin liverpool fans

February 06, 2010, 10:00:38 PM
Reply #66

.Rimbo.

well what can i say then ? but all you should lay of moyes back because were all turning into fuckin liverpool fans

lolol He's only gone and said it! You belong on Kipper or something you mate!

February 06, 2010, 10:01:32 PM
Reply #67

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Moyes gets constantly praised by many of us.  But when he and the players get it wrong we should stand up and say so.

February 06, 2010, 10:02:06 PM
Reply #68

Verm

NSNO Subscriber

No mate, playing shite and saying something like 'IT WASN'T MOYES' FAULT WE LOST IT WAS KENWRIGHT' would make us sound like Liverpool fans.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

February 06, 2010, 10:03:17 PM
Reply #69

Синий русский язык

i agree he gets the praise but it pisses me off when you all slate moyes i dont think there could have been anything more he could of done and ye maybe i belong on kipper ye because i thought this was a forum where i could put my opinion across and have a bit of debate but obviously not

February 06, 2010, 10:03:38 PM
Reply #70

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
"Moyes said: "We didn't play badly and didn't deserve to lose the game."

If he truly believes that, then it is a problem.

February 06, 2010, 10:05:35 PM
Reply #71

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
i agree he gets the praise but it pisses me off when you all slate moyes i dont think there could have been anything more he could of done and ye maybe i belong on kipper ye because i thought this was a forum where i could put my opinion across and have a bit of debate but obviously not

So we aren't allowed to air our critisisms of Moyes and yet we are stopping you from putting across your opinion?

Only one here who isn't open for debate is you.

February 06, 2010, 10:06:47 PM
Reply #72

Синий русский язык

So we aren't allowed to air our critisisms of Moyes and yet we are stopping you from putting across your opinion?

Only one here who isn't open for debate is you.
I didnt say that but im putting across my opinion and trying to disagree with yours and people are telling me to do one to kipper?

February 06, 2010, 10:07:05 PM
Reply #73

.Rimbo.

Do you not think you saying "but all you should lay of moyes back because were all turning into fuckin liverpool fans " restricts my right to an opinion?

He got it wrong today, he's not infallible. He will be blamed if we lose. Moyes is still the man to take us forward, in my eyes, but he needs to stop being so fuckin' stubborn and set-in-his-ways and stop playing with such fear against the better teams. It's like rottweilers vs. chihuahuas at times with him.

As for bgb's Moyes quote, maybe we didn't deserve to lose, but we didn't deserve to win either. And in a Merseyside derby, against ten men, you should be going for the win for fucks sake. That quote sums up his mentality.

February 06, 2010, 10:08:33 PM
Reply #74

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
"Moyes said: "We didn't play badly and didn't deserve to lose the game."

If he truly believes that, then it is a problem.

What fucking game was he watching?

We were well and truly slaughtered by 10 men. I dread to think how it would have finished if Kyrgiakos hadn't been sent off.