August 19, 2019, 02:14:17 AM

Author Topic: Match Ratings  (Read 7885 times)

February 06, 2010, 08:51:40 PM
Read 7885 times

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Howard 4 - hesitant throughout and at fault for the goal.

Neville 4 - poor defensively, hoofing a lot and offering little.

Heitinga 5 - not the dominant display I expected.

Distin 6 - some important tackles, worked harder than some.

Baines 6 - tried hard and some good touches.  

Pienaar 4 - produced very little and getting sent off put the icing on that.

Fellaini 5 - didn't take control at any point.  We will miss him if injured though.

Osman 4 - offered virtually nothing.

Donovan 7 - tried hard, looked interested and made good runs.  Wasn't used enough.

Cahill 6 - ran around and unlucky not to score.  At least showed passion.

Saha 5 - looked knackered throughout.

Subs:

Arteta 6 - passing was generally fine but with with no movement from anyone around him he had nowhere to go.  Poor set pieces.

Anichebe 5 - full of energy but missing sharpness and should have pulled ball across earlier.

Yak 6 - trying to make a difference despite the fact balls were getting hoofed at him.  Good shot and movement.  Leading the line well.

Manager rating

Moyes 6 - waited too long to bring on subs but for me they were the right ones.  I put the result more down to the players who simply did not perform than him.  We should have passed it round this Liverpool team, instead we hit a Liverpool player consistently and let them off.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 08:57:53 PM by barongreenback »

February 06, 2010, 08:52:39 PM
Reply #1

.Rimbo.

Howard- 5. Commanded his box well enough but was criminal on the goal conceded.
Neville- 5. No creativity from his side at all. Kept playing it into Donovan with a man up his arse where he couldn't do anything. Predictable and stunted our rhythm.
Heitinga- 7. Did well at centre-half and didn't really looked troubled at all. Deserves a 7 just for squaring up to Steven G.
Distin- 5. Liking him less and less if I'm honest. That N'Gog chance where Osman slid in on him in the first half was down to Distin not putting the ball out and opting to hit it across the pitch.
Baines- 5. Didn't do much really bar the free kick.
Donovan- 7. One of the brighter lights.
Fellaini- 6. Did well when he was on but not long enough to judge. I think I'm right in saying Felli' stands where Kuyt did on the goal?
Osman- 5. Not good enough.
Pienaar- 4. Awful.
Cahill- 6. Tried, showed endeavour, but should have scored.
Saha- 6. Tried and worked but never had any service as per usual. Clearly the best striker on the books.

Arteta- 8. Our man of the match, shame when he had the ball the others just looked at him as if he was going to magic-wand a goal.
Anichebe- 5. Should have scored.
Yakubu- 6. Looks fucked, one good shot.

Both Anichebe and Yakubu never had the service, mind.

February 06, 2010, 08:53:26 PM
Reply #2

blob

fuck all for the lot of em   :eh:

February 06, 2010, 08:53:47 PM
Reply #3

sharpattack

Not sure anyone deserved more than a 6. Yakubu looks finished, Anichebe is dire and Cahill and Pienaar did nowt
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

February 06, 2010, 08:54:25 PM
Reply #4

Fellaini25

2 for everyone except Donovan and Heitinga, oh and 1 for Neville.

February 06, 2010, 08:54:27 PM
Reply #5

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Very generous there Rhimbo.

Apart from Johnny and Donovan, they really can come out of this match with heads held high.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

February 06, 2010, 08:54:58 PM
Reply #6

Fellaini's Afro

Howard gets a fucking 1 from me, pathetic effort on that corner, i feel embarrassed for him.

I agree with the rest of the ratings.

February 06, 2010, 08:55:35 PM
Reply #7

Connavar

Distin and Baines were fucking shite!

February 06, 2010, 08:55:43 PM
Reply #8

Chris

Administrator
I like Donovan, he's good enough for us but the hype over him is fucking stupid. He's by no means the talent some people make him out to be.

Saha and Distin were rubbish

February 06, 2010, 08:56:40 PM
Reply #9

.Rimbo.

Apart from Johnny and Donovan, they really can come out of this match with heads held high.

It depends where your normal mark is I guess. I would have given Fellaini a 10/9 against City, some would have given him an eight. My ratings are always a little bit jacked up I guess.

February 06, 2010, 08:57:13 PM
Reply #10

blob

same as on the other thread. fuck all for everybody.

February 06, 2010, 08:57:35 PM
Reply #11

Fellaini's Afro

This

February 06, 2010, 08:57:59 PM
Reply #12

Fellaini25

I like Donovan, he's good enough for us but the hype over him is fucking stupid. He's by no means the talent some people make him out to be.

Donovan was one of the only players who actually created things today and looked interested.

February 06, 2010, 08:58:23 PM
Reply #13

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I don't know what gives Arteta the 8 and MOM? What did he do? I can't think of any telling passes, runs and if anything what does spring to mind is poor set piece(s). I still think it was too early for him, we were in the game while Fellaini was on, I don't think I could say the same after. There may have been 5 mins in the 2nd half but that was about it.

Frankly I think the only people that deserve any credit would be Cahill for effort, Heitinga was ok, and for what he had to work with I thought Yak did alright and arguably had the best shot on goal all game (which is kind of depressing too).

February 06, 2010, 08:58:46 PM
Reply #14

.Rimbo.

Donovan was arguably our best player today mate. His work-rate is brilliant and that run where he put Insua on toast you wouldn't see from any other Everton player. In terms of quality, he's no better than most in our team, but he offers something different.

And I honestly don't get what this Saha things about. I don't know what more he could've done today with the service he was given. Just shit, pointless long balls hoofed up to him and even if he wins it, Cahill seldom gets in front of him. What more can you ask of the lad? He was tracking back, sliding in and putting himself about...

As for Distin, agreed shit. I'd prefer Sendy' and Yobo to him now. Doesn't look a very good buy at that price. Looking more like a flop if I'm honest.