August 20, 2019, 09:08:38 PM

Author Topic: Match Ratings  (Read 7888 times)

February 06, 2010, 08:58:47 PM
Reply #15

gemine69

Howard- 5. Commanded his box well enough but was criminal on the goal conceded.
Neville- 5. No creativity from his side at all. Kept playing it into Donovan with a man up his arse where he couldn't do anything. Predictable and stunted our rhythm.
Heitinga- 7. Did well at centre-half and didn't really looked troubled at all. Deserves a 7 just for squaring up to Steven G.
Distin- 5. Liking him less and less if I'm honest. That N'Gog chance where Osman slid in on him in the first half was down to Distin not putting the ball out and opting to hit it across the pitch.
Baines- 5. Didn't do much really bar the free kick.
Donovan- 7. One of the brighter lights.
Fellaini- 6. Did well when he was on but not long enough to judge. I think I'm right in saying Felli' stands where Kuyt did on the goal?
Osman- 5. Not good enough.
Pienaar- 4. Awful.
Cahill- 6. Tried, showed endeavour, but should have scored.
Saha- 6. Tried and worked but never had any service as per usual. Clearly the best striker on the books.

Arteta- 8. Our man of the match, shame when he had the ball the others just looked at him as if he was going to magic-wand a goal.
Anichebe- 5. Should have scored.
Yakubu- 6. Looks fucked, one good shot.

Both Anichebe and Yakubu never had the service, mind.

Can't really argue with any of this.  I was always uncomfortable watching Distin.  Again, questions will be asked as to why so many of our players fail to perform in the big matches.
Don't think, feel.  It is like a finger pointing away to the moon.  Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all the Heavenly Glory - Bruce Lee

February 06, 2010, 09:01:36 PM
Reply #16

Chris

Administrator
Donovan was arguably our best player today mate. His work-rate is brilliant and that run where he put Insua on toast you wouldn't see from any other Everton player. In terms of quality, he's no better than most in our team, but he offers something different.

And I honestly don't get what this Saha things about. I don't know what more he could've done today with the service he was given. Just shit, pointless long balls hoofed up to him and even if he wins it, Cahill seldom gets in front of him. What more can you ask of the lad? He was tracking back, sliding in and putting himself about...

As for Distin, agreed shit. I'd prefer Sendy' and Yobo to him now. Doesn't look a very good buy at that price. Looking more like a flop if I'm honest.

Distin screams panic buy, fuck knows how he's a professional footballer without the ability to kick at all with his weaker foot.

I wasn't getting at Donovan. I know he was one of the only ones arsed today. He's never gonna be anything more than a decent player though for us.

February 06, 2010, 09:05:40 PM
Reply #17

.Rimbo.

Distin screams panic buy, fuck knows how he's a professional footballer without the ability to kick at all with his weaker foot.

I wasn't getting at Donovan. I know he was one of the only ones arsed today. He's never gonna be anything more than a decent player though for us.

I agree with that. I'd like Donovan here permanently though because he is, as you say, a decent player and a decent outlet. Can't see him being a colossal player for us but he'll do a job, if we get him, that is. He seems to fit the Everton ethos though.

February 06, 2010, 09:06:13 PM
Reply #18

sharpattack

8 for Arteta? Are you taking the piss? All I noticed was him pulling out of tackles.
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

February 06, 2010, 09:06:19 PM
Reply #19

evertonblueboys

2 for everyone except Donovan and Heitinga, oh and 1 for Neville.

it was nevilles fucking fault for the goal.. let gerrard have as much room as he wanted to put the ball in the box which led to the corner.. where he was the wrong side of kuyt .. fucking terrible

February 06, 2010, 09:08:18 PM
Reply #20

Endless, Nameless

Howard 5 - Worst game in recent memory for him.

Neville 4 - Slow. Stupidly slow. He kept getting the ball and on the rare ocassion he made a forward pass, it took him 10 seconds too long to make it.

Heitinga 6 - Bar the one early incident with Ngog, Heitinga has a good game.

Distin 6 - Didn't really put a foot wrong.

Baines 6 - Lots of effort, good defensively and a decent free kick shot.

Pienaar 4 - I only just realised he got sent off... Fuck... Awful game and now we're without him in the hardest month of football in years.

Fellaini 5 - Didn't get much of a chance, hope he's okay.

Osman 5 - Didn't realy notice him doing much.

Donovan 7 - Very positive and that run late on was magical.

Cahill 6 - Lots of effort and almost scored.

Saha 5 - Did not look like a player who just signed a new deal...

Subs:

Arteta 6 - He played exactly like I thought he would considering he was not match-ready -- not as good as he is.

Anichebe 5 - Fucking idiotic hesitance cost us the last chance to grab something from the game.

Yak 6 - Looked bored and tired, but a great shot and some good hold up play.

Manager rating

Moyes 4 - None of the subs made any sense to me. Bily? Coleman? We needed someone to inspire us. An unfit Arteta, lazy Yakubu and unfit and never inspiring Anichebe were nonsensical subs.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

February 06, 2010, 09:12:50 PM
Reply #21

.Rimbo.

Howard 5 - Worst game in recent memory for him.

Neville 4 - Slow. Stupidly slow. He kept getting the ball and on the rare ocassion he made a forward pass, it took him 10 seconds too long to make it.

Heitinga 6 - Bar the one early incident with Ngog, Heitinga has a good game.

Distin 6 - Didn't really put a foot wrong.

Baines 6 - Lots of effort, good defensively and a decent free kick shot.

Pienaar 4 - I only just realised he got sent off... Fuck... Awful game and now we're without him in the hardest month of football in years.

Fellaini 5 - Didn't get much of a chance, hope he's okay.

Osman 5 - Didn't realy notice him doing much.

Donovan 7 - Very positive and that run late on was magical.

Cahill 6 - Lots of effort and almost scored.

Saha 5 - Did not look like a player who just signed a new deal...

Subs:

Arteta 6 - He played exactly like I thought he would considering he was not match-ready -- not as good as he is.

Anichebe 5 - Fucking idiotic hesitance cost us the last chance to grab something from the game.

Yak 6 - Looked bored and tired, but a great shot and some good hold up play.

Manager rating

Moyes 4 - None of the subs made any sense to me. Bily? Coleman? We needed someone to inspire us. An unfit Arteta, lazy Yakubu and unfit and never inspiring Anichebe were nonsensical subs.

Can't agree with them mate. I just don't get why people are so hard on Saha after games like that. He tried hard enough but he isn't superman, christ!

February 06, 2010, 09:17:56 PM
Reply #22

Endless, Nameless

Can't agree with them mate. I just don't get why people are so hard on Saha after games like that. He tried hard enough but he isn't superman, christ!

I thought Distin was ok. He did better than I expected, considering he's had so many injuries.

Saha played ok, but I stand by what I said. He didn't look happy or energetic, like a player who has just signed a new contract should.

February 06, 2010, 09:21:04 PM
Reply #23

.Rimbo.

I thought Distin was ok. He did better than I expected, considering he's had so many injuries.

Saha played ok, but I stand by what I said. He didn't look happy or energetic, like a player who has just signed a new contract should.

He did more than most on that field today with very little service. And he clapped the fans on the way off.

February 06, 2010, 09:24:24 PM
Reply #24

Endless, Nameless

He did more than most on that field today with very little service. And he clapped the fans on the way off.

I wasn't insulting him off the pitch. And maybe he did more than most, but that isn't saying anything. I gave him a 5, deal with it. Why does he warrant a 6? He did nothing particularly well.

February 06, 2010, 09:25:38 PM
Reply #25

.Rimbo.

I wasn't insulting him off the pitch. And maybe he did more than most, but that isn't saying anything. I gave him a 5, deal with it. Why does he warrant a 6? He did nothing particularly well.

Fair enough, no need to get pissy. Okay, he deserves a 5. Why does Distin deserve a 6 then? That's what I don't get. He was bullied by David NGog today and completely ran ragged.

February 06, 2010, 09:28:58 PM
Reply #26

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Howard- 5. Commanded his box well enough but was criminal on the goal conceded.
Neville- 6. Not very effective but showed a little more effort than a lot of us.
Heitinga- 7. Did well at centre-half and didn't really looked troubled at all. Deserves a 7 just for squaring up to Steven G.
Distin- 5. Was absolutely shitting himself for 90 mins, why Senderos didn't play I'll never know.
Baines- 5. Didn't do much really bar the free kick.
Donovan- 7. One of the brighter lights.
Fellaini- 6. Did well when he was on but not long enough to judge. I think I'm right in saying Felli' stands where Kuyt did on the goal?
Osman- 5. Not good enough.
Pienaar- 5. Awful.
Cahill- 6. Tried, showed endeavour, but should have scored.
Saha- 5. Lazy cunt, doesn't make much effort to win a ball and gives it away too easy. He has his wage now, that's him done for the season.

Arteta- 7. Didn't do too much but wasn't really his fault. Thouhgt he was the wrong choice for the sub in the first place.
Anichebe- 5. Should have scored.
Yakubu- 5. A much heavier, slightly Younger, Louis Saha.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

February 06, 2010, 09:29:22 PM
Reply #27

Endless, Nameless

Fair enough, no need to get pissy. Okay, he deserves a 5. Why does Distin deserve a 6 then? That's what I don't get. He was bullied by David NGog today and completely ran ragged.

Had he not been coming back from injury I would have given him a 5. I think he deserves a 6 as I didn't notice anything particularly bad, and he's just come straight back into the team again.

February 06, 2010, 09:30:45 PM
Reply #28

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
Distin was shocking!! Constantly hoofing the ball! Got lucky in the 1st half when he did his usual slice on the edge of our area. I blame him for their goal as they scored from the 2nd corner but the 1st corner shouldnt even have come about in that sequence of the game as he should never have let Ngog get anywhere near the goal to have that shot. Give Senderos a game until Jags is back and then put Johnny at RB and let Distin sit in the stands

February 06, 2010, 09:34:26 PM
Reply #29

gwells

HOWARD 3, NEVILLE 4, HEITINGA 7, DISTIN 4, BAINES 4, DONOVAN 7, FELLIANI 7, CAHILL 6, OSMAN 3, PIENAAR  4, SAHA 3 ARTETA 6 MOYES 5 REF 4. GAME BIG FAT ZERO