October 20, 2018, 12:26:22 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Spurs  (Read 37093 times)

March 11, 2012, 04:04:09 AM
Reply #255

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
That's just it, he SHOULD BE.  I just haven't seen enough yet to say this is the case.  It's probably not even his fault, they just don't seem as effective as a unit as Gibson and Fellaini and today Osman and Fellaini. Not sure were this leaves him?

Well we haven't seen enough because he's about to turn 21 years old and has had the last 2 years pretty much spoiled by injury.  He needs to be given time, and he needs people to be realistic in their expectations for him.  There's no patience whatsoever these days and I find it a little bit sad that people appear to be queuing up to write him off as a player for us at this point in his career.  It's a little bit insane to be honest.

I'm not someone who feels the need to call things in black and white either way, but I do think that it's premature to be talking about him like he's a player who's had his chance and shown that he can't hack it.  Osman was still 2 years away from our first team at the same point in his career.

March 11, 2012, 04:04:50 AM
Reply #256

AidyEFC9

Just ignoring the first half like Harry then? Lot of valid points here but for crying out loud some of the football has been brilliant over the past 6 weeks - really no need to be sooooo negative!

So we was brilliant vs. QPR last week was we, Wigan away recently, Blackburn at home?. We was terrible and have been for the majority of the season!.

We did well against Chelsea, Man City and Blackpool and Fulham in the cup was ok but generally we've been poor IMO.

And no im not forgetting that first half, at times we did well but even then we lacked movement and composure on the ball and for me we didn't close down the man on the ball quick enough and cut off the space for them to exploit.

I'm just glad Moyes is demanding more from the players and telling them they need to "play" better. My only negative is with the way we are playing, i think were capable of retaining the ball better and being more creative than we have been on a lot of occasions this season.

http://www.grandoldteam.com/news/general-news/2012/mar/10/moyes-we-can-play-much-better

Great result, great grit and determination to grind out the result but at home to anyone, we should be playing better and not getting pegged back like we did tonight, not IMO anyway but maybe im just a more demanding Evertonian than the rest when it comes to how we can and should play?!.

March 11, 2012, 04:05:50 AM
Reply #257

Blue Phoenix

Wish Halsey was the ref for the derby... :snigger:

March 11, 2012, 04:07:36 AM
Reply #258

paul driedout

Reading over the spurs website, what a bunch of cunts, all like how much they fucked us and how its "unreal they didnt win" are they taking the piss? they batterd us in the second half but did tim howard actually make a worthwhile save. fucking jews.

link ?

March 11, 2012, 04:11:11 AM
Reply #259

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Reading over the spurs website, what a bunch of cunts, all like how much they fucked us and how its "unreal they didnt win" are they taking the piss? they batterd us in the second half but did tim howard actually make a worthwhile save. fucking jews.

Of course they'd be saying that, just like we'd be saying the same if roles had been reversed and we'd dominated a 2nd half like that.  Have a word with yourself.

March 11, 2012, 04:16:37 AM
Reply #260

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Well we haven't seen enough because he's about to turn 21 years old and has had the last 2 years pretty much spoiled by injury.  He needs to be given time, and he needs people to be realistic in their expectations for him.  There's no patience whatsoever these days and I find it a little bit sad that people appear to be queuing up to write him off as a player for us at this point in his career.  It's a little bit insane to be honest.

I'm not someone who feels the need to call things in black and white either way, but I do think that it's premature to be talking about him like he's a player who's had his chance and shown that he can't hack it.  Osman was still 2 years away from our first team at the same point in his career.

There is definitely time for him to develop into the player we all want him to be, no doubt about that.  I just question whether Everton is the place for him to do it.  Injury has played a significant part no doubt, just wondering whether he will be happy with likely being a bit part player for likely the rest of the season and possibly beyond that.  Maybe an Osman like loan would do him wonders? 

March 11, 2012, 04:22:25 AM
Reply #261

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
There is definitely time for him to develop into the player we all want him to be, no doubt about that.  I just question whether Everton is the place for him to do it.  Injury has played a significant part no doubt, just wondering whether he will be happy with likely being a bit part player for likely the rest of the season and possibly beyond that.  Maybe an Osman like loan would do him wonders? 

Osman was no more than a reserve team player when he went out on loan though, Rodwell is an England international who probably would be starting for us if he could stay fit.  I just don't see the same issues with his progress and standing in the squad that you're seeing mate.

March 11, 2012, 04:23:43 AM
Reply #262

evertonarntwe

Of course they'd be saying that, just like we'd be saying the same if roles had been reversed and we'd dominated a 2nd half like that.  Have a word with yourself.

Im not bitter in defeat you wet one, they dominated possesion but didnt create much fucking monghole.
sick of this dull boring negative prick now, horrible days yesterday and he comes out with this shit, ginger cunt needs to stop thinking he will be the next united manager

March 11, 2012, 04:24:56 AM
Reply #263

evertonarntwe

sick of this dull boring negative prick now, horrible days yesterday and he comes out with this shit, ginger cunt needs to stop thinking he will be the next united manager

March 11, 2012, 04:28:34 AM
Reply #264

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Osman was no more than a reserve team player when he went out on loan though, Rodwell is an England international who probably would be starting for us if he could stay fit.  I just don't see the same issues with his progress and standing in the squad that you're seeing mate.

Fair play mate and I would much prefer you to be right than me!

March 11, 2012, 04:28:54 AM
Reply #265

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Im not bitter in defeat you wet one, they dominated possesion but didnt create much fucking monghole.

Calm down dickhead, why are you so wound up by them thinking they should have won?  I'll repeat: we would be saying exactly the same if the roles had been reversed today.  Personally I'm just happy that we got a great win, and that's all I really care about.

March 11, 2012, 04:30:39 AM
Reply #266

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
No question he should be out on loan. It might kick start him back into life. He needs to be regularly but frankly at the moment I don't see what he brings to the midfield. He looks like a CB playing midfield right now, and an unfit one at that.

Everyone wants him to do well but a change of scenery and regular football might be what he needs right now.

March 11, 2012, 04:38:07 AM
Reply #267

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
http://www.tottenhamhotspurs.tv/forum/match-day-chat/27043-tottenham-vs-everton-official-match-thread.html

start from abar page 35 lid.

They seem more annoyed at Harry for putting square pegs in round holes than amazed we won.  I think they are moaning that the team were complacent against us.  Funny how they are shouting for Pienaar!

March 11, 2012, 04:52:57 AM
Reply #268

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber

You should be banned. Hope you are. No place for that sort of thing as an Everton supporter and on this forum. Act with some dignity
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

March 11, 2012, 04:55:01 AM
Reply #269

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
You should be banned. Hope you are. No place for that sort of thing as an Everton supporter and on this forum. Act with some dignity

Worse things have been said