November 20, 2017, 01:55:33 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Spurs  (Read 29677 times)

March 09, 2012, 02:45:31 AM
Reply #60

Optimistic Blue

There is absolutley no way of spurs beating us at the weekend, we are certain to get at least a point
you cant take the right out of Kenwright

March 09, 2012, 06:02:36 AM
Reply #61

bluestevie

nothing is certain you muppet, if spurs play to their strengths they will over run us, if we play to ours we can nick the three points
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

March 09, 2012, 06:12:32 AM
Reply #62

Shogun

Administrator
nothing is certain you muppet, if spurs play to their strengths they will over run us, if we play to ours we can nick the three points
Don't call him a muppett please, he brightens up my day.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 09, 2012, 09:23:03 AM
Reply #63

BrotherEstapol

Well I've put Jelavic in my fantasy team in the hope that he gets some super-sub action against Spurs and the Shite...I'm already at the bottom of my league, so I figure nothing ventured nothing gained...

From what I've seen I do think he looks to be the goods, but just needs some more game time. My other idea was to put Straq in, but I've just got a good feeling that Jelavic will bag a couple. That said, Staq will no doubt score no I've left him out!

But yeah, spurs match. I'm not keen on getting up at 4:30am to watch it, so I hope to wake up to find that it was a stressful 3-2 win to us. :)

Don't call him a muppett please, he brightens up my day.
In fairness, The Muppets are pretty great.

March 09, 2012, 12:46:11 PM
Reply #64

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
  serious ???   Only in England you accept CB who can't play football - Everton shouldn't accept it - a terrible day the day Jags is prefered to Heitinga - wonder why we have so few goals against us when Johnny is playing instead of Jags - Because Jags can't hit a blue player resulting in the opponents having it way to easy getting the ball back - the next thing will be praising Straq who is nearly as bad a footballer as Jags

I'm not saying that I don't want the CBs to play football.

I'm saying it's not the defining factor.

Jonny's passing ability didn't help us out against Zamora did it?

Being able to pass the ball is the cherry on the cake for CBs and I don't think that's an exclusively English thing by any means.

Certainly if you're not a team who is bound to dominate possession.

March 09, 2012, 03:16:51 PM
Reply #65

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Think you are a little bit hard on Johnny as he had problems with Zamora - seems to remember Jags have problems and making silly mistakes aswell - think we should be happy with having 3 great defenders at CB - still think Johnny is the best though  ;)

March 09, 2012, 04:24:47 PM
Reply #66

marky v

Nil nil bore draw,

Saha misses pen and a Coleman red card for punching that left back with the sideshow bob hair Akkoto excuse the spelling,

5 corners in the match, 1 yellow card, and 50\50 possesion, sorry I'm having an off day and can't see the rest yes

March 09, 2012, 04:34:30 PM
Reply #67

Shogun

Administrator
Saha is injured.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 09, 2012, 04:48:04 PM
Reply #68

Ridge

4-1 - Drenthe, Cahill, Baines, Anichebe, Bale.

Spurs have only lost 6 times this season, but it's often been a heavy defeat. In those games they got forward heavily and often got more attacking and open as the game slipped away.

It's not easy to withstand the pressure they create, but we are well suited to containing them and then on the break, using the space they have volunteered. It's easier said than done, but other than Lennon, they generally play in front of you and commit numbers.

Drenthe could run them ragged on the break.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 04:50:01 PM by Ridge »

March 09, 2012, 06:55:41 PM
Reply #69

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Think you are a little bit hard on Johnny as he had problems with Zamora - seems to remember Jags have problems and making silly mistakes aswell - think we should be happy with having 3 great defenders at CB - still think Johnny is the best though  ;)

I'm not saying that he hasn't played well or that Jags would have snuffed out Zamora without problems.

I was just taking issue with the poster who said that passing was the defining issue. (He might not even have meant that!)

I agree though that we have good balance between the options.

March 09, 2012, 07:23:49 PM
Reply #70

Trowel

Never mind the game - who wins the dance off??

www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

March 09, 2012, 08:12:23 PM
Reply #71

Deano Blue Boy

Moyes has meant to of done a gentlemans agreement with 'Arry so Saha wouldn't play on Saturday.

March 09, 2012, 09:05:35 PM
Reply #72

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Moyes has meant to of done a gentlemans agreement with 'Arry so Saha wouldn't play on Saturday.

and we all know how well they go.

March 09, 2012, 09:29:02 PM
Reply #73

American Evertonian

I'm amazed how many pundits have picked this game to be a draw. Really with our run of form I think most competent Tottenham fans would happy to get a draw.

I'll be interested to see how we handle a top squad w/o Gibson. He has really been an unsung hero to our squad since joining.  Personally I think he is undeservedly slighted on this forum.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

March 09, 2012, 09:30:46 PM
Reply #74

Optimistic Blue

If we lose this game i will leave this forum forever, i am 100% certain we wont lose it
you cant take the right out of Kenwright