November 25, 2017, 08:20:20 AM

Author Topic: Gary Lineker  (Read 3389 times)

March 06, 2012, 01:46:12 AM
Read 3389 times

.Rimbo.

Gary Lineker ‏ @GaryLineker
Can I clear this up? Everton were the best club side I played for. I have not forgotten them. I have nothing but respect for EFC #greatclub

Gary Lineker ‏ @GaryLineker
RT @zoolander10: @GaryLineker what made you leave EFC? If you would of stayed the future could of been so different < They sold me!

deCoubertin

March 06, 2012, 01:50:10 AM
Reply #1

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
What's the deal with this anyway?  Who has accused him of hating us?

March 06, 2012, 01:51:52 AM
Reply #2

Shogun

Administrator
What's the deal with this anyway?  Who has accused him of hating us?
I think a lot of fans think that he never mentions us so he doesn't care about us.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 06, 2012, 01:51:52 AM
Reply #3

Gash

Global Moderator
I saw that the other day. Thought that was a pretty decent comment to make, given his connections to Leicester City.

I remember being gutted when he left.

March 06, 2012, 02:07:56 AM
Reply #4

School of Science

Really back then it was simply good business,think he scored something like 40 goals in his one and only season but we won nothing,our football with him in the side became too direct,not his fault like we just played to Linekers strengths and became over reliant on him scoring.We bought him for £800'000 and sold him a year later for £2.3 million and then won the league again.Im sure Thatcher prime minister at the time complained over us spending that amount of money on one player,but was strangely quiet a year later,when we sold him for 3 times that amount.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

March 06, 2012, 02:13:14 AM
Reply #5

charlatan

Our football was shit that season we had him, yet we still should have pissed the league and cup, and would have had Southall not got crocked and Mimms had to go in goal.

March 06, 2012, 05:28:05 AM
Reply #6

DEL PIERO

el tel getting cosy with him during the bbc mexico '86 coverage when england went out.

cockney spiv. then again we did sell him.

end of the final show:

des: "where will you be playing next season?"

gary: "i'll be playing where i want to be"

gary and terry grin like there is no tomorrow as steam came out of my ears.
everton are magic

March 06, 2012, 06:55:15 PM
Reply #7

BigWoodenSpoon

Our football was shit that season we had him, yet we still should have pissed the league and cup, and would have had Southall not got crocked and Mimms had to go in goal.

It could have all been very different.  Southall was a superb keeper, one of the best I've ever seen.  Mimms was a very poor understudy and no where near as good.

March 06, 2012, 07:00:10 PM
Reply #8

}-m-a-c-c-a-{

He must have got abuse after listing the MOTD order n I think we was 2nd to last on it, so I guess he got some stick n decided to clear it up.
“There is something magical about this club that captures you the minute you step into Goodison – and it doesn’t let you go.”

March 06, 2012, 07:01:02 PM
Reply #9

Toddacelli

It could have all been very different.  Southall was a superb keeper, one of the best I've ever seen.  Mimms was a very poor understudy and no where near as good.

ONE of the best? Not THE best?

Well you must be older than me then because I've never seen anyone else fit to lick his boots!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

March 06, 2012, 07:07:20 PM
Reply #10

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
second time I've agreed with you in one day - are you on your way to becoming an Evertonian  :cheers:

March 06, 2012, 07:42:12 PM
Reply #11

Gash

Global Moderator
I thought Mimms was a coach at Blackburn or something? Didn't realise he was over the park.

I liked Mimms for all his faults.

March 06, 2012, 07:46:43 PM
Reply #12

Mayor Farnum

We didn't play shit football that season at all. Sharp got about 28 goals in the same side and Steven and Sheedy both got double figures.
Lineker wanted to move. He actually signed for Barca before the cip final that year.   

March 07, 2012, 02:07:06 PM
Reply #13

Derek

Nice comment from him, regardless.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

March 07, 2012, 03:16:08 PM
Reply #14

liamgt

Didnt Kendall sell him to Barca because he though he was going to get the managers job there at the time?