October 19, 2019, 09:33:19 AM

Author Topic: So, our midfield.  (Read 4526 times)

February 06, 2010, 10:39:15 PM
Reply #15

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
For Chelsea;
-------------------------------Cahill-----------------------------
--Bilyaletdinov---Arteta----Osman-----Donovan-----

Alternatively don't start Arteta and play with 2 strikers.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

February 06, 2010, 10:42:02 PM
Reply #16

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
For Chelsea;

Arteta didn't look ready for 60 odd mins today let alone 90. Go with another striker perhaps or Neville back to the middle. Can't see Moyes playing both Yak and Saha with Cahill up too so its likely going to be one of the defenders up to DM.

February 06, 2010, 10:43:11 PM
Reply #17

Endless, Nameless

For Chelsea;

Has everyone forgot who Chelsea are? They will demolish that midfield.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

February 06, 2010, 10:43:56 PM
Reply #18

Frantic

lol I know, definitely dreading this month  :'( out of europe as well I think  :headbang:

February 06, 2010, 10:45:01 PM
Reply #19

Verm

NSNO Subscriber

They've been shaky at times recently though, just got to hope we catch them on an off day.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

February 06, 2010, 11:08:32 PM
Reply #20

cantoffee

I think fellaini will be needed if we're to beat chelsea, we might grab a draw but without him we don;t have the physical capabilities to cope with chelsea's midfield. Oh and Drogba is back from ACN, not looking to bright.

February 06, 2010, 11:18:05 PM
Reply #21

Abraders

Bily - Osman - Neville - Donovan
Baines - Distin - Heitinga - Coleman

I really hope that the players turn up this time, and i hope that Fellaini is fit to play too, but that would mean Neville out and Coleman in.

February 07, 2010, 12:07:39 AM
Reply #22

ally2

I think fellaini will be needed if we're to beat chelsea, we might grab a draw but without him we don;t have the physical capabilities to cope with chelsea's midfield. Oh and Drogba is back from ACN, not looking to bright.

Don't worry we've got Senderos.

February 07, 2010, 01:42:44 AM
Reply #23

evertonblueboys

pienaar should be able to play wednesday night shouldnt he, i though the 7 day rule thing should mean he could play against chelsea.

February 07, 2010, 02:04:36 AM
Reply #24

Endless, Nameless

Don't worry we've got Senderos.

Not fair really. He's played once for us, and done well. Let him fuck up first before you have a go.

February 07, 2010, 02:13:13 AM
Reply #25

Murf666

I agree that Rodwell should not be back in to replace Fellaini.  He's not up to it yet.  Heitinga has also made a space for himself at centre half.  Why move him into the middle where he frankly looks lost?
There's nobody better than Murf667, she's the best little Evertonian I know!
As for you, Murf 668, your Everton shirt can hardly wait.

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.  Checkmate!

February 07, 2010, 02:27:01 AM
Reply #26

ally2

Not fair really. He's played once for us, and done well. Let him fuck up first before you have a go.

I was referring to his Arsenal days.  I will give him a chance with us of course.

February 07, 2010, 02:29:49 AM
Reply #27

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
pienaar should be able to play wednesday night shouldnt he, i though the 7 day rule thing should mean he could play against chelsea.

Not sure if that applies for a straight red only.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

February 07, 2010, 02:29:54 AM
Reply #28

Endless, Nameless

I was referring to his Arsenal days.  I will give him a chance with us of course.

His Arsenal days? Because you really should judge center backs by how well they do as youngsters against top players. Rio Ferdinand was no one at 22.

But I hope he can prove you (and me to some extent) wrong and be a success here.

February 07, 2010, 03:32:51 AM
Reply #29

Gumpinio

Why move him into the middle where he frankly looks lost?

2 reasons, firstly hes the only player we have who is both healthy and able to pass the ball 10 yards, secondly we have Distin and Senderos to fill in at the back, but putting together a decent 5 man midfield is proving dificult (unless of course you rate Osman and Neville as quality midfielders, which some do, but I don't)
"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."