October 14, 2019, 03:14:15 AM

Author Topic: My 'Observations' from today.  (Read 2464 times)

February 07, 2010, 04:13:23 AM
Read 2464 times

benny

1) Why do we never have a player on the back post? I know Howard should have got the ball that led to Kuyt's goal, but at the same time a man on the far post would have hacked the header clear. If Moyes insists on pulling every player back for corners then it is imperative that we have a man on each post. Hell, a corner soon after and we still had not learnt!

2) Once Fellaini went off Moyes should have moved Neville alongside Osman. Arteta was the wrong substitution in my eyes. Fair enough, some will say it might have been too big a game for Coleman but we missed, in my opinion, a ball winner in the middle of the park. Coleman coming on also would have allowed him to burst past Donovan and give him an option down the right; something Neville failed to do regularly.

3) Over, we weren't good enough. It's all well and good having possession but if you don't do anything with the ball then you don't win matches. Apart from Cahill's sitter and Yakubu's effort we produced nothing, and at 0-0 with one man extra we should have been rattling through the gears. Instead, we tried to play football and got outgunned in the blood and thunder encounter that the match descended into... we were outfought by the team that in the past has played football.

All in all, very disappointing.
                      Nail on the head i would say