August 25, 2019, 12:47:29 AM

Author Topic: Distin  (Read 2647 times)

February 06, 2010, 09:32:47 PM
Read 2647 times

Purple Aki

Yes i am singling him out. He is shite, not good enough for us. I said this when we signed him as well.  :evil:

February 06, 2010, 09:36:46 PM
Reply #1

cantoffee

I agree with you, but didn't think he was bad today. In fact the one area that was strong was our central defence, and occasionally Donovan.

February 06, 2010, 09:37:17 PM
Reply #2

Endless, Nameless

I thought he was good today.

And if we keep playing like that, then Distin is TOO GOOD for us.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

February 06, 2010, 09:38:38 PM
Reply #3

Purple Aki

Could be worse tbf Killgannon getting booed by sunderland fans already, apparently!

February 06, 2010, 09:39:09 PM
Reply #4

Amata

He not the best but he didnt do much wrong today. 
All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind

February 06, 2010, 09:39:57 PM
Reply #5

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think he is good enough but he wasn't our worst player today by a long shot.

February 06, 2010, 09:41:42 PM
Reply #6

Frantic

He wasn't very good today, looked shaky but it happens doesn't it.

February 06, 2010, 09:42:06 PM
Reply #7

Chris

Administrator
He turns like a oil tanker, has no right foot, is incredibly weak for his size... and poor in the air.

February 06, 2010, 09:44:12 PM
Reply #8

Endless, Nameless

He turns like a oil tanker, has no right foot, is incredibly weak for his size... and poor in the air.

I agree with all that except the weakness. He was very strong against Ngog earlier and he usually is, from what I've seen.

He's also good at getting to the ball in the air, but his distribution is poor.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

February 06, 2010, 09:44:40 PM
Reply #9

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think he was terrible but he isn't the best option at the moment.

Our back 4 should be:

Coleman Heitinga Senderos Baines

Distin, Neville aren't good enough. They're decent backup and I'd have them on the bench. Jags back in for Senderos when he's ready. Let's not drop him in Arteta style though.

February 06, 2010, 09:45:42 PM
Reply #10

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
I blame him for the goal!!! He shouldn't have allowed Ngog to get into the position he did to have that shot that then led to the corners with which they scored from.

February 06, 2010, 09:46:34 PM
Reply #11

Amata

Again im not his biggest fan but why is he getting slated.  He didnt make any mistakes today, was not run ragged, was not at fault for the goal and was by no means our worst player so why the abuse?
All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind

February 06, 2010, 11:03:53 PM
Reply #12

jackthomson

are you for real ,did not make any mistakes today ? he was awful , turns like a tank , gets pushed off the ball by N'Gog and couldnt even pass a ball on the floor never mind to feet if he starts against chelsea instead of senderos, moyes has lost it ! and its not just this game either, we think yobo is dodgy well distin is far worse

February 06, 2010, 11:12:10 PM
Reply #13

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
I blame him for the goal!!! He shouldn't have allowed Ngog to get into the position he did to have that shot that then led to the corners with which they scored from.

That's ridiculous if you're being serious.

He was alright today but I just don't feel comfortable watching him.  He's so awkward if the ball isn't on his left foot that he looks like a disaster waiting to happen.

February 07, 2010, 12:33:34 AM
Reply #14

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
That's ridiculous if you're being serious.

He was alright today but I just don't feel comfortable watching him.  He's so awkward if the ball isn't on his left foot that he looks like a disaster waiting to happen.

He was never alright today! He had one man to mark today and he couldnt even do that properly! the amount of times he let Ngog run off him into space inbetween him and Heitinga was scary! And if the ball had been better then he would have been clean through a coupe of times. Lets hope Jags doesn't take too long to come back and settle back in