August 26, 2019, 04:32:49 PM

Author Topic: We missed Fellaini so much!  (Read 2096 times)

February 06, 2010, 09:36:14 PM
Read 2096 times

Frantic

I honestly think we would have won if he never got injured, Arteta isn't ready and to come in and play another system was a shame so let's hope the Fell isn't out for long  :'(

February 06, 2010, 09:37:08 PM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He is still just one player. Save Jags, that was our strongest team. It was pathetic and pitiful.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

February 06, 2010, 09:37:42 PM
Reply #2

cantoffee

I agree, we probably would've played better if they had 11 and we had felli given that horrid performance.

February 06, 2010, 09:38:06 PM
Reply #3

Endless, Nameless

I honestly think we would have won if he never got injured, Arteta isn't ready and to come in and play another system was a shame so let's hope the Fell isn't out for long  :'(

I completely agree, but Moyes inept subs were to blame. Coleman at RB, Neville at CDM, I guarantee you we would not have lost that game.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

February 06, 2010, 09:40:30 PM
Reply #4

Frantic

I completely agree, but Moyes inept subs were to blame. Coleman at RB, Neville at CDM, I guarantee you we would not have lost that game.

I know what your saying but there was no belief after their goal whereas we should have been penning them back in their area, constantly bombarding them with crosses ect but we didn't we strolled around as if we either admitted defeat or something else which I can't see.

Anything but what we did do would have been great but unfortunately the players bottled it.

February 06, 2010, 09:42:14 PM
Reply #5

Endless, Nameless

I know what your saying but there was no belief after their goal whereas we should have been penning them back in their area, constantly bombarding them with crosses ect but we didn't we strolled around as if we either admitted defeat or something else which I can't see.

Anything but what we did do would have been great but unfortunately the players bottled it.

There was no belief, I agree. Coleman would have instilled us with that though. Remember the spurs game? Yeah, we got 2 goals back against 11 men in 10 minutes then, all because of him. One in 60 minutes, against 10 men, was not a big ask.

February 06, 2010, 09:44:31 PM
Reply #6

Frantic

There was no belief, I agree. Coleman would have instilled us with that though. Remember the spurs game? Yeah, we got 2 goals back against 11 men in 10 minutes then, all because of him. One in 60 minutes, against 10 men, was not a big ask.

I know but obviously Moyes doesn't feel he is ready, even though he said he was lol.... I just don't get it sometimes mate because they where there for the fucking taking and we let ourselves down AGAIN, the Everton way indeed.

February 06, 2010, 09:45:52 PM
Reply #7

Endless, Nameless

I know but obviously Moyes doesn't feel he is ready, even though he said he was lol.... I just don't get it sometimes mate because they where there for the fucking taking and we let ourselves down AGAIN, the Everton way indeed.

There will never be a better chance for Coleman. 10 man Liverpool, so he can go forward more, Nev was shit at RB and we needed inspiration. Sometimes I think Moyes just forgets he's there.

February 06, 2010, 09:47:14 PM
Reply #8

Frantic

There will never be a better chance for Coleman. 10 man Liverpool, so he can go forward more, Nev was shit at RB and we needed inspiration. Sometimes I think Moyes just forgets he's there.

Yup I agree btw is Vaughan injured?

February 06, 2010, 09:51:36 PM
Reply #9

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

Moyes clearly plays favourites and coupled with the fact he's generally conservative as a manager = no Coleman.

As long as one of Neville and Hibbert are fit its hard to see Coleman getting a look in. One of my biggest regrets this season was that we didn't give Coleman a chance after the Spurs game to continue his form. Instead Moyes reverted to type and gave the RB slot back to Hibbert and now Neville.

February 06, 2010, 09:54:52 PM
Reply #10

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Also we really did miss Fellaini as he is usually the only one of our midfield to show up against the bigger teams. Osman/Pienaar and to some extent Arteta usually going missing.

February 06, 2010, 10:03:05 PM
Reply #11

.Rimbo.

Said to my arl fella that we'd miss him when he went off. And miss him we did!

I don't think they would've scored that set piece with the big man in there!

February 06, 2010, 10:31:39 PM
Reply #12

Thom

Administrator
Hard to say really, Craig, but for me he would have given us the composure in midfield and the ability to spread the play. There were times when the ball needed to be switched and no one took that option. Arteta played one raking ball, yes, but other than that he always dribbled sideways across the pitch.

For me, Fellaini would have played those long balls to the flanks like he has done in recent matches. That would have stretched the play and made Liverpool work harder to win the ball. We didn't do that enough in the second half, amongst other things.