October 22, 2019, 12:56:05 AM

Author Topic: Ok, maybe Moyes has lost it:  (Read 4607 times)

February 07, 2010, 01:02:47 AM
Reply #15

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
People really need to get over Fernandes. He wasn't even that good.

I am, but I do think he provided a different type of pass than Osman/Arteta. He was able to thread it through players and usually at a nice non floaty pace.

He isn't the only player to do this of course.

February 07, 2010, 01:10:23 AM
Reply #16

Dr. Sponge

I am, but I do think he provided a different type of pass than Osman/Arteta. He was able to thread it through players and usually at a nice non floaty pace.

He isn't the only player to do this of course.

Yeah you have a point, he has a little extra to his game in that department, he could do the unexpected... and do it well. But he was far too inconsistent, especially in his second spell here (ok yeah he did play left side midfield for most of that).

Plus, he considers himself a defensive midfielder. IMO, Fellaini does a far better job in that position.

February 07, 2010, 01:46:44 AM
Reply #17

bloody scally

i thought his decision making re subs today was as good as they could have been. The players imo were not up for it as much as lpool, they had world class players, men for that matter putting physical tackles in on our (mostly) midget gems, it was like watching 12 y.o.s that are good for their league playing 16 y.o. bullys. I have to criticise bilya, i know strange, but for so much as he claims to hate lpool he musn't have worked his arse off in training to force his way at least on as a substitute, he looked disinterested on the bench throughout. As for Distin someone needs to tell him to stop the hoof, imo he was the weakest link as he restricted our passing. Neville also needs to start shaping a captain, he is a weak link and needs to pass down the reign for us to move on. Moyes got the tactics wrong today against a team that is better than us. Que sara, at least we can push for europa.

February 07, 2010, 02:05:06 AM
Reply #18

Murf666

Behave.  I don't see anything wrong with what Moyes said.  It was a very even game.  Basically each team had one clear chance.  Kuyt scored theirs and Cahill missed ours.

I don't know what Moyes could have done differently with his subs.  Perhaps bringing Coleman on for Fellaini and pushing Neville into midfield?  It might have given Donovan more support, but it's a big call to bring someone so inexperienced on over our best player in Arteta.  Even when he's so short of fitness.

As Moyes said, we just didn't have the quality in the final third to create the goalscoring opportunities we needed.  Other than that we played okay.

Liverpool are very good at shutting games down and compressing the play.  When we went a goal down it was always going to be a massive struggle to get back into it.
There's nobody better than Murf667, she's the best little Evertonian I know!
As for you, Murf 668, your Everton shirt can hardly wait.

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.  Checkmate!

February 07, 2010, 02:08:13 AM
Reply #19

Endless, Nameless

Behave.  I don't see anything wrong with what Moyes said.  It was a very even game.  Basically each team had one clear chance.  Kuyt scored theirs and Cahill missed ours.

I don't know what Moyes could have done differently with his subs.  Perhaps bringing Coleman on for Fellaini and pushing Neville into midfield?  It might have given Donovan more support, but it's a big call to bring someone so inexperienced on over our best player in Arteta.  Even when he's so short of fitness.

As Moyes said, we just didn't have the quality in the final third to create the goalscoring opportunities we needed.  Other than that we played okay.

Liverpool are very good at shutting games down and compressing the play.  When we went a goal down it was always going to be a massive struggle to get back into it.

Yeah, it was even. Oh except the part about them having 10 men for 60 minutes. The match should not have been even, we should have twatted them. In fact, they had MORE possession and MORE shots. With LESS men. See my beef?
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

February 07, 2010, 02:19:32 AM
Reply #20

Murf666

Yeah, it was even. Oh except the part about them having 10 men for 60 minutes. The match should not have been even, we should have twatted them. In fact, they had MORE possession and MORE shots. With LESS men. See my beef?

Not really.  It doesn't necessarily work that way in practice that when a team has ten men then they are going to get rolled over.

We didn't create enough chances because they got men behind the ball and defended well.  Up until the goal went in, I thought we were the better side.  After that, I knew we were in trouble because they would shut the game down and leave us no space to play in.  So it proved.

My biggest problem is that the players seemed to have the stuffing knocked out of them by the goal.  Like they didn't believe they could get it back.

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.  Checkmate!

February 07, 2010, 02:23:23 AM
Reply #21

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
If it had been us who had the man sent off, you can be assured we would have lost by 3 or 4 today.

Moyes cannot make positive tactical changes to save his life. He is too cautious. Coleman for fellaini and we could have had a right go. Vaughan should have been on early in the second half too. I know he wasn't even a sub, but again, daft decision to leave him out.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

February 07, 2010, 03:55:38 AM
Reply #22

Murf666

If it had been us who had the man sent off, you can be assured we would have lost by 3 or 4 today.

Moyes cannot make positive tactical changes to save his life. He is too cautious. Coleman for fellaini and we could have had a right go. Vaughan should have been on early in the second half too. I know he wasn't even a sub, but again, daft decision to leave him out.

If Coleman had come on for Fellaini and done nothing, loads would be jumping up and down saying "Why didn't he bring our best player Arteta on?!?!?  A defender for a midfielder!  He's too cautious!"

To be honest, I don't really know what better he could have done with the subs he had.  Maybe bring Yak on earlier, but that's about it.

I don't know the situation with Vaughan.  I would have thought he'd have been included if fully fit.

February 07, 2010, 04:29:24 AM
Reply #23

charlatan

Fuck off Moyes, you negative cunt.

10 match unbeaten run????  The two that mattered most (FA Cup and the Redshite)  we never turned up in again, due to your negative shitty hoofball tactics. 

No injuries now, no excuses.

One shot on target after about 90 minutes from the Yak.

GET IT FUCKING SORTED OR DO ONE!!!!!!

February 07, 2010, 04:36:58 AM
Reply #24

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
If Coleman had come on for Fellaini and done nothing, loads would be jumping up and down saying "Why didn't he bring our best player Arteta on?!?!?  A defender for a midfielder!  He's too cautious!"

To be honest, I don't really know what better he could have done with the subs he had.  Maybe bring Yak on earlier, but that's about it.

I don't know the situation with Vaughan.  I would have thought he'd have been included if fully fit.

I was surprised Arteta coming on. I was also worried because of the tackles flying in and I wouldn't have put him on myself because of that and the fact due to his fitness, he wouldn't really have made too much impact on the match. Which he didn't. But at least he's got some more minutes under his belt and will no doubt improve his fitness, but I'm not expecting anything good from Arteta for months yet.

Coleman coming on for me, is always an attacking option. The way that lad gets up and down the wing is nothing short of inspirational compared to the dross we've had there for ages.

He should have gone 442 much earlier than he did, but we all know Moyes never makes tactical decisions until the 70th minute. You can set your watch by it.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

February 07, 2010, 04:46:57 AM
Reply #25

HungryHungryHibbo

I was fine with Arteta replacing Fellaini, it was the Anichebe-Yak double substitution that baffled me...and once again Moyes' unwillingness to drop / replace Neville cost us points, in my opinion. Neville was horrible, plain and simple, and after this season should be done. This isn't a knee-jerk reaction by the way, he's been one of our few weak links during this unbeaten run. Why bring on two players who are still recovering from injuries instead of fresh, fit players in decent form (Coleman & Bily)?
coyb

February 07, 2010, 04:48:33 AM
Reply #26

charlatan

I was fine with Arteta replacing Fellaini, it was the Anichebe-Yak double substitution that baffled me...and once again Moyes' unwillingness to drop / replace Neville cost us points, in my opinion. Neville was horrible, plain and simple, and after this season should be done. This isn't a knee-jerk reaction by the way, he's been one of our few weak links during this unbeaten run. Why bring on two players who are still recovering from injuries instead of fresh, fit players in decent form (Coleman & Bily)?
FAVOURITES!!!!!