October 14, 2019, 05:57:52 AM

Author Topic: Ok, maybe Moyes has lost it:  (Read 4591 times)

February 06, 2010, 10:39:38 PM
Read 4591 times

Endless, Nameless

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/41190/post-match-reaction.html

"We didn't play badly and didn't deserve to lose the game, so that is disappointing.

"There were no real problems with the performance. I have told the players we will keep doing it - we just didn't have quite enough at the top end of the pitch today."

The only thing we deserved was another card or two...

I'm getting seriously worried about him now. His tactics and subs were nonsensical, and I can't even take solice from him accepting he was wrong.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 10:41:14 PM by Endless, Nameless »
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

February 06, 2010, 10:42:04 PM
Reply #1

Endless, Nameless

Well beating either Chelsea or United will go some way towards making up for it, COYB.

Only 4 points from those two games can make up for it imo. Which seems about as likely as Gerrard getting booked for a dive...

February 07, 2010, 02:08:13 AM
Reply #2

Endless, Nameless

Behave.  I don't see anything wrong with what Moyes said.  It was a very even game.  Basically each team had one clear chance.  Kuyt scored theirs and Cahill missed ours.

I don't know what Moyes could have done differently with his subs.  Perhaps bringing Coleman on for Fellaini and pushing Neville into midfield?  It might have given Donovan more support, but it's a big call to bring someone so inexperienced on over our best player in Arteta.  Even when he's so short of fitness.

As Moyes said, we just didn't have the quality in the final third to create the goalscoring opportunities we needed.  Other than that we played okay.

Liverpool are very good at shutting games down and compressing the play.  When we went a goal down it was always going to be a massive struggle to get back into it.

Yeah, it was even. Oh except the part about them having 10 men for 60 minutes. The match should not have been even, we should have twatted them. In fact, they had MORE possession and MORE shots. With LESS men. See my beef?