September 19, 2019, 11:20:05 AM

Author Topic: Ok, maybe Moyes has lost it:  (Read 4570 times)

February 06, 2010, 10:41:37 PM
Read 4570 times

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
This is why some have doubts about him.

I really am in two minds about him. Sure he's done well, but he just doesn't seem to be able to learn.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

February 07, 2010, 02:23:23 AM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
If it had been us who had the man sent off, you can be assured we would have lost by 3 or 4 today.

Moyes cannot make positive tactical changes to save his life. He is too cautious. Coleman for fellaini and we could have had a right go. Vaughan should have been on early in the second half too. I know he wasn't even a sub, but again, daft decision to leave him out.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

February 07, 2010, 04:36:58 AM
Reply #2

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
If Coleman had come on for Fellaini and done nothing, loads would be jumping up and down saying "Why didn't he bring our best player Arteta on?!?!?  A defender for a midfielder!  He's too cautious!"

To be honest, I don't really know what better he could have done with the subs he had.  Maybe bring Yak on earlier, but that's about it.

I don't know the situation with Vaughan.  I would have thought he'd have been included if fully fit.

I was surprised Arteta coming on. I was also worried because of the tackles flying in and I wouldn't have put him on myself because of that and the fact due to his fitness, he wouldn't really have made too much impact on the match. Which he didn't. But at least he's got some more minutes under his belt and will no doubt improve his fitness, but I'm not expecting anything good from Arteta for months yet.

Coleman coming on for me, is always an attacking option. The way that lad gets up and down the wing is nothing short of inspirational compared to the dross we've had there for ages.

He should have gone 442 much earlier than he did, but we all know Moyes never makes tactical decisions until the 70th minute. You can set your watch by it.