August 17, 2019, 06:24:57 PM

Poll

How do you think a new manager would do, compared to Moyes?

Better
3 (9.7%)
Similarly
5 (16.1%)
Worse
23 (74.2%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Could a new manager actually do better?  (Read 3291 times)

February 07, 2010, 04:35:32 AM
Read 3291 times

Endless, Nameless

First things first, I'm not asking Moyes to quit or anything (in fact I want him to stay with us for a long time to come), I'm just asking a question. Do you think other managers could use Moyes' foundations to take us to greater heights, or would they end up in the same kinds of positions, or even worse?

I personally think a new manager would struggle to get as much out of the players, and we'd do as well at best.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

February 07, 2010, 04:38:44 AM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Depends who it is.

Someone like Hiddink, almost certainly.

Someone like Irvine, probably not.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

February 07, 2010, 04:41:17 AM
Reply #2

Craig_1878

Nobody that we could afford, Moyes isn't perfect but he does alot more good than bad.
"Sunday Bloody Sunday. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!"- Alan Partridge

February 07, 2010, 04:48:36 AM
Reply #3

Gary Iceman

the likes of hiddink etc would want millions to spend.were as if we give moyes that millions he could do the same job i reckon. and the situation we are in now with no money to spend then i dont think anyone would do better than what moyes is doing at the moment
Alan Harper: "I made my debut at Goodison against Stoke and was standing in the tunnel waiting to go onto the pitch. Z cars started playing on the PA and I heard the crowd roar. If I could bottle a moment and save it forever, then that would be it.

February 07, 2010, 05:49:29 AM
Reply #4

123_efc

I think it's ridiculous people would consider removing him. I trust Moyesy implicitly.
I miss Denis Stracqualursi

February 07, 2010, 05:51:23 AM
Reply #5

Gary Iceman

who is the one person that put better so far..let me guess.blarg. lol.
Alan Harper: "I made my debut at Goodison against Stoke and was standing in the tunnel waiting to go onto the pitch. Z cars started playing on the PA and I heard the crowd roar. If I could bottle a moment and save it forever, then that would be it.

February 07, 2010, 05:52:15 AM
Reply #6

Dr. Sponge

Yeah I'm sure some more experienced managers could take us higher, the trouble is as already stated, they're the likes of Hiddink, whom we cannot afford.

Moyes does a very good job, and the job at Everton isn't finished yet. I'm hoping the first half of this season was just a blip.

February 07, 2010, 05:55:35 AM
Reply #7

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
who is the one person that put better so far..let me guess.blarg. lol.

No, I didn't vote because I said it depends who we would get in. A world class manager would get better results than Moyes. He would be tactically more aware and have more balls to go for matches than Moyes does.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

February 07, 2010, 05:59:01 AM
Reply #8

Meak

idk man, i never thought about it before today.. but after realizing how he just can't beat sky four teams i wonder...

i honestly feel right now if he doesnt get a victory against the remaining sky four, or we get knocked out against sporting, im thinking i want him gone, but that may just be me...

im tired of mediocrity, we cant challenge the best without literally beating them... even once a fucking year
Follow me on Twitter @BlakeEMeakin

February 07, 2010, 06:00:25 AM
Reply #9

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
We used to be the top 4 in the 90's regularly even with a shit team. Just seems to be a massive mental block for him.

February 07, 2010, 06:01:10 AM
Reply #10

Gary Iceman

no world class manager would come to us though in our present situation, (skint) and if we did have a bottomless pit of money i would give it to moyes first cos i think he would build a great team

February 07, 2010, 06:01:20 AM
Reply #11

bloody scally

moyes is perfect for us and our situation for obvious reasons. He's not the best tactician but we're not bayern munich.

February 07, 2010, 06:10:16 AM
Reply #12

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
no world class manager would come to us though in our present situation, (skint) and if we did have a bottomless pit of money i would give it to moyes first cos i think he would build a great team

I agree with no world class manager would come to us, but I see this poll as being hypothetical. Hiddink in my opinion, would do a better job than Moyes though. I think he would make tactical changes and vary substitutions rather than doing the same thing after 70 minutes every match.

February 07, 2010, 06:26:19 AM
Reply #13

the doc

We used to be the top 4 in the 90's regularly even with a shit team. Just seems to be a massive mental block for him.
there is just to much to say on this post and I havn't got a week!  :titanic:

February 07, 2010, 02:57:13 PM
Reply #14

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I agree that a World Class Manager may do better but even then I am not certain they could with the constraints Moyes has.  Another Manager might go for top four teams more but I can't see them achieving what Moyes does with the current squad over the course of a season.