October 15, 2019, 10:34:53 AM

Author Topic: We needed a year out of Europe anyway!  (Read 3690 times)

February 07, 2010, 06:36:22 AM
Read 3690 times

the doc

well we've got no chance now, and lets face it, Villa ,Spurs and City are doing ok without the distraction! Next year all 3 will probably be back in there, while we can concentrate on the league!

February 07, 2010, 07:04:06 AM
Reply #1

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
But they will have moved further and further (especially City) ahead of us in regards to quality of squad.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

February 07, 2010, 07:23:34 AM
Reply #2

the doc

But they will have moved further and further (especially City) ahead of us in regards to quality of squad.
City will regardless! last year we got knocked out of the uefa in the qualifiers and ended up in a cup final and finished 5th,this year villa got knocked out in the qualifiers and are now in a cup final and have a good chance in the fa cup with so many teams knocked out, and have a chance of 4th/5th/6th, spurs also have a good chance for the fa cup and the same finish, where are we? scrapping for 8th place and facing tough european teams, trying to win a compertition which will stretch us to the limits! like i said it might do us good!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 07:25:20 AM by the doc »

February 07, 2010, 07:59:36 AM
Reply #3

Ong-Timus Prime

Citeh just lost to Hull 2-1 haha
if you know yer history...

February 07, 2010, 02:37:43 PM
Reply #4

Derek

It's wide open for a few more seasons. City will take time to bed down and Villa and Spurs (despite the spending disparity) really aren't that much better/worse than we are.

Basically I reckon it's all open for another few years until the cash really starts to tell.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

February 07, 2010, 02:41:32 PM
Reply #5

Scouse Ruletero

I wouldn't say it's all over for this season just yet. Depending on who wins the FA and League Cups, 7th could still get a Euro place and we can still catch that.

Yesterday was just a bad day. We can bounce back.

February 07, 2010, 02:57:40 PM
Reply #6

gemine69

I wouldn't say it's all over for this season just yet. Depending on who wins the FA and League Cups, 7th could still get a Euro place and we can still catch that.

Yesterday was just a bad day. We can bounce back.

This, hopefully.
Don't think, feel.  It is like a finger pointing away to the moon.  Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all the Heavenly Glory - Bruce Lee

February 07, 2010, 03:29:55 PM
Reply #7

huck

City will regardless! last year we got knocked out of the uefa in the qualifiers and ended up in a cup final and finished 5th,this year villa got knocked out in the qualifiers and are now in a cup final and have a good chance in the fa cup with so many teams knocked out, and have a chance of 4th/5th/6th, spurs also have a good chance for the fa cup and the same finish, where are we? scrapping for 8th place and facing tough european teams, trying to win a compertition which will stretch us to the limits! like i said it might do us good!

Europe didn't give us this bad season. A huge injury list and a fucked up summer did.
Le Berry

February 07, 2010, 04:14:33 PM
Reply #8

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Europe didn't give us this bad season. A huge injury list and a fucked up summer did.
this  the squad we are soon to see is strong enough to playing in europe as well

February 07, 2010, 04:17:53 PM
Reply #9

Youngy09

Having watched Villa Spurs yesterday, if we can pick up some points this month we can catch Villa as they are as poor as they were last season and I reckon they are going to go on a rubbish run again.

February 07, 2010, 04:23:54 PM
Reply #10

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Having watched Villa Spurs yesterday, if we can pick up some points this month we can catch Villa as they are as poor as they were last season and I reckon they are going to go on a rubbish run again.
agree on this......  problem is if they win the carling cup or reach the fa cup final and play chelsea (or perhaps city) ... then they will qualify for europe ......   

February 07, 2010, 06:41:44 PM
Reply #11

Verm

NSNO Subscriber

More than that, some shit performances just can't be blamed on either of those things.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

February 07, 2010, 06:49:27 PM
Reply #12

Derek

Europe is essential in attracting the calibre of players that keep you in Europe consistently!
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

February 07, 2010, 08:17:17 PM
Reply #13

Sheedys left foot

Can we go to the end of the season, hoping that either Spurs, Man city or Villa lose 3 or more games than us ? i think if so, we could snatch 7th.
CHUNK,I LOVE YOU CHUNK.

February 07, 2010, 09:21:27 PM
Reply #14

Blueney-tunes

We lack = Money
Europe = Money
You say we need a year out...  :eh: right...