August 21, 2019, 09:47:42 AM

Author Topic: We needed a year out of Europe anyway!  (Read 3658 times)

February 07, 2010, 10:51:07 PM
Reply #15

phillyt

with the above poster. What gives us a chance when competing against clubs like birmingham, sunderland, west ham. And even city for players is that even though those clubs  will be able to offer more cash we can offer them european football. If we are not in europe what hope do we have of retaining arteta, heitinga, billy, felli. Even moyes. It is essential that we qualify for europe. That or kenwright fucks off so we can offer the wonga.   
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

February 07, 2010, 10:52:10 PM
Reply #16

Thomas

didnt wyness once comment that when we last got to the knockout stages it only earned us 800k?
Not at all interested in being popular

Very interested in saying/doing what's right for Everton FC.

We may agree/disagree but its all about opinions/debate and thats what makes football/supporting Everton amazing.

February 07, 2010, 11:03:11 PM
Reply #17

phillyt

didnt wyness once comment that when we last got to the knockout stages it only earned us 800k?
the point of the europa league though is that tv revenue is higher. And you play more games so therefore make more money. I would imagine our run in europa this year will bring in about 2mill not a groundbreaking amount but still worthwhile. Would pay a decent players wages for most of the season.   
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

February 08, 2010, 12:02:56 AM
Reply #18

.Rimbo.

Can we go to the end of the season, hoping that either Spurs, Man city or Villa lose 3 or more games than us ? i think if so, we could snatch 7th.

Let's see where we are, beginning of March, first.

Our start to the season has been truly disgraceful.

February 08, 2010, 02:06:35 AM
Reply #19

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I honestly can't believe that people don't want us to be in Europe.

February 08, 2010, 10:21:37 AM
Reply #20

huck

More than that, some shit performances just can't be blamed on either of those things.

I don't feel it was down to us being in Europe though.

We need Europe, as others have said. It's about club status, hell it's about allot of things. We are better off with it than without.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 10:28:57 AM by huck »
Le Berry

February 08, 2010, 05:13:29 PM
Reply #21

BlueSte

If we win the Europa competition would we be in it next season, regardless of where we finish in the league.  As I remember they changed the rules to accomodate the shite in the champions league so I would assume its the same for Europa league.
The Black Watch