October 19, 2019, 06:24:31 AM

Author Topic: Derby games in general....  (Read 4110 times)

February 07, 2010, 06:46:05 AM
Read 4110 times

dixie-dean

I hate these two games of the season absolutely no question.

It has nothing to do with the results, I'm a grown up I can handle losing a game, without having to start calling for new managers, I can also see the plusses of a well kept clean sheet as opposed to an hr playing like an in form Arsenal only to lose to a couple of shitty goals. Basically i'm quite the realist (I guess being a blues fan through the nineties does that to a guy)

Here's my problem, Stoke, Reading, Birmingham, Shitty and even fucking Bolton have all gone to that pit and come away with something. We have been playing some quality stuff lately, and have gone into this game in the richest vein of form we've had all season. Then they drop a man down... fucking excellent I thought, now we have em. However things panned out a little differently didn't they, yet again we sat and didn't really make those shitehawks make any tough decisions, nothing. I hate it, when are we going to strop treating them with such respect. All that seems to happen at derbies now is every other dickhead diving in because they think thats what happens in derbies. I'm bored of it, fine let those classless hacks do what they want, i'd like for once to see us play some football against Liverpool instead.

We lost to 10 men. Now I know that as soon as the red card was show, they dropped to that all familiar Liverpool formation of 1 keeper 8 defenders but please, we had Arteta and Donovan who can attack with aplomp down the right and Pienaar and Baines who have terrorised right backs on so many occasions now that I don't care to recall them all, so can someone tell me why we continously tried to play our way throught the middle. I swear, if I saw Neville play that same useless fucking ball to the edge of their 18 yard line one more time i'd have driven north and strangled the bastard.

With our midfield options we could easily have played to the byline and then let messers Cahill, Saha, Yakubu, Anichebe do what it is they do in the box. Could no one else really see that trying to run through 6 central defenders wasn't really going to work, it's not like we really had to worry about much of a counter attack, that was only ever a threat from Liverpool FC himself, Gerrard.

As I explained to an Arsenal mate of mine afterwards, I'm not disappointed with the defeat, just the lack of attacking bite that is ALWAYS absent when we play this shower.

My t'ppence anyway!

February 07, 2010, 07:16:11 AM
Reply #1

MexicanToffee

Agree with you completely.
“He loved Everton, he loved being back at Goodison Park. He always said it was like going to church.”

February 07, 2010, 07:17:15 AM
Reply #2

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
They hardly parked the bus for 90 mins, had a lot more chances than we did.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

February 07, 2010, 07:37:07 AM
Reply #3

dixie-dean

They hardly parked the bus for 90 mins, had a lot more chances than we did.

Yeah but this is part of what I'm trying to say. Why is that? Of their 10 on that pitch today who would you even have on our bench let alone on the pitch. Gerrard is the only one. So any other team we would have bossed the whole pitch, limiting them to smash and grabs, poor ones at that. We'd have won easily against any other team that was staffed with players of similar ability to Liverpool today if we didn't it certainly would have nothing to do with a lack of chances. As is usually the case we stood back almost in awe of the occasion, forgetting to do what has gone before and we will continue to now for the rest if the season.

I'd just like to see them treat Liverpool with a little less awe and respect and just play semi intelligent football.   

February 07, 2010, 02:31:30 PM
Reply #4

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah but this is part of what I'm trying to say. Why is that? Of their 10 on that pitch today who would you even have on our bench let alone on the pitch. Gerrard is the only one. So any other team we would have bossed the whole pitch, limiting them to smash and grabs, poor ones at that. We'd have won easily against any other team that was staffed with players of similar ability to Liverpool today if we didn't it certainly would have nothing to do with a lack of chances. As is usually the case we stood back almost in awe of the occasion, forgetting to do what has gone before and we will continue to now for the rest if the season.

I'd just like to see them treat Liverpool with a little less awe and respect and just play semi intelligent football.  
can't be serious .......   did you notice the way Agger plays football......  one of the reasons our CB (incl. Jags) never ever will be worldclass... macherano  could be another one going straight into our team. .... Ngog never would though  lolol

February 07, 2010, 02:33:44 PM
Reply #5

Derek

Personally I think we have some hoodoo about playing at Anfield, we just can't do it.

We haven't won there in donkeys and Moyes has been in charge for a majority of those donkeys, and so he's gotta shoulder some blame, right?
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

February 07, 2010, 05:26:47 PM
Reply #6

dixie-dean

can't be serious .......   did you notice the way Agger plays football......  one of the reasons our CB (incl. Jags) never ever will be worldclass... macherano  could be another one going straight into our team. .... Ngog never would though  lolol

Ok yeah i'd take Agger too, but I wouldn't take mascherano in place of fellaini now he's playing where he is. But you see my point then of the 10 only 2 would enhance our squad.

February 07, 2010, 05:31:17 PM
Reply #7

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Ok yeah i'd take Agger too, but I wouldn't take mascherano in place of fellaini now he's playing where he is. But you see my point then of the 10 only 2 would enhance our squad.
a couple of others could probably make our team.. but agree with you that the liverpool team of yesterday (and when they played at goodison) is one of the worst I can recall ...

February 07, 2010, 05:32:58 PM
Reply #8

dixie-dean

Personally I think we have some hoodoo about playing at Anfield, we just can't do it.

We haven't won there in donkeys and Moyes has been in charge for a majority of those donkeys, and so he's gotta shoulder some blame, right?

Of course he has, he's the manager he should always shoulder a bit of the responsibility along with the team but i'm not interested in this becoming a moyes out thread because I hate all that. I think he's done a quality job. It took Fergie 4years to win a trophy and 6 to win a title and that was when the big four and the imbalance of money and power didn't exist. Would he be able to do the same today? I doubt it.

February 07, 2010, 05:43:19 PM
Reply #9

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
when the big four and the imbalance of money and power didn't exist.
this as a man getting close to 50 i can still recall the 70'ties. 80'ties and 90'ties  ......   even though there were teams dominating the game it was nothing compared to today's imbalance

February 07, 2010, 06:25:17 PM
Reply #10

leady

they done the same as what we would of done if the shoe was on the other foot
they were down to ten, got a goal, and held onto it counter-attacking now an again
We were simply not good enough we should of been forcing the error, 2 on 1 (baines n pienaar) on the right back get some crosses in to the byline pull some back to the pen spot etc but no they never tried they just played square balls time after time after time before heitinga or distin resorted to a long hoof to cahill and they had possession again, this happened from the minute they scored till the final whistle. i would love to know where moyes sees the positives? maybe its that we dominated the possession against liverpool that makes us on par with them.
Rant over
L.Leadbetter

February 07, 2010, 08:57:16 PM
Reply #11

dixie-dean

we should of been forcing the error, 2 on 1 (baines n pienaar) on the right back get some crosses in to the byline pull some back to the pen spot etc but no they never tried they just played square balls time after time after time before heitinga or distin resorted to a long hoof to cahill and they had possession again, this happened from the minute they scored till the final whistle.

Precisely this /\

There was nothing intelligent about how we attacked them, made no use of the extra man nor of the fact that they were content to try and soak up anything we could throw at them.

February 07, 2010, 08:59:53 PM
Reply #12

Билялетдинов

the reason they got more chances is because atkinson game them EVERYTHING in terms of free kicks.

this allowed them time to get forward, then when the chance went (or they scored), they defended in numbers again.

you honestly believe that they'd get that many chances by letting ngog attack on his own?

February 07, 2010, 10:36:00 PM
Reply #13

Thomas

agree completly with the original post .

February 07, 2010, 10:58:20 PM
Reply #14

charlatan

the reason they got more chances is because atkinson game them EVERYTHING in terms of free kicks.

this allowed them time to get forward, then when the chance went (or they scored), they defended in numbers again.

you honestly believe that they'd get that many chances by letting ngog attack on his own?
Are you five years old?  How can you blame the ref??  Yes the ref was poor, but he was poor for both sides.  We could have quite easily been down to 10 men after 10 minutes with Pienaar's tackle on that ugly argentinian chimp.

Did the ref continually launch balls to nobody from our defence???  Was the ref unable to pass 5 yards to his own teammates?  Did the ref only manage one shot on target in 90 minutes????

Your post is embarrassing mate, and you sound like a kopite whinging.