August 21, 2019, 07:37:02 AM

Author Topic: Derby games in general....  (Read 4062 times)

February 07, 2010, 11:36:51 PM
Reply #15

dixie-dean

Are you five years old?  How can you blame the ref??  Yes the ref was poor, but he was poor for both sides.  We could have quite easily been down to 10 men after 10 minutes with Pienaar's tackle on that ugly argentinian chimp.

Did the ref continually launch balls to nobody from our defence???  Was the ref unable to pass 5 yards to his own teammates?  Did the ref only manage one shot on target in 90 minutes????

Your post is embarrassing mate, and you sound like a kopite whinging.

Heh, thats the charlatan I've read in the past :D used to post as dixie on asse mate, couldn't get my stuff transferred over onto these new forums so started anew.

Your right though, I was going to post something similar, in no way did the ref have any bearing on them bettering us with 10 men. He didn't control the game from the start so it all just escalated, he was shit for both sides. For instance, Pienaar should've gone on the first yellow to give him a second yellow for knocking the cheater over was ridiculous.

February 08, 2010, 12:01:26 AM
Reply #16

charlatan

Hey Dixie,

how you doing mate?  Was talking to Moog the other week, and said that ASSE had picked up again with a few of the old faces on there and not so many gobshites.

Looks like the City and Arsenal games have been false dawns again with the dross served up since.  Suppose we should be used to it by now.

February 08, 2010, 02:04:11 AM
Reply #17

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
We've won 5 times at Anfield in the last 40 years.

I don't think that this is something that is solely attributable to Moyes.

February 08, 2010, 04:03:50 AM
Reply #18

dixie-dean

Hey Dixie,

how you doing mate?  Was talking to Moog the other week, and said that ASSE had picked up again with a few of the old faces on there and not so many gobshites.

Ha the poor bloke deserves a medal if he has hung around since just to wait for that place to turn around. It was ridiculous by the time I stopped bothering. Not been bad, still doing the usual and lurking around reading other peoples thoughts aqbout this club of ours. Never really that arsed to stick my oar in unless i'm particularly riled or inebriated.

Nice to see that you still think that Moyes is NOT the man for the job, I still disagree with you completely mind but it nice that somethings stay the same... bit like bisto I suppose ;-)

February 08, 2010, 04:12:08 PM
Reply #19

charlatan

Don't get me wrong, he's done a good job, but my main issue is he never learns.  Same substitutions every week, same favourites regardless of form, same lumping long balls to nobody up front, doesn't know how to change a game when things aren't working.

February 08, 2010, 04:25:45 PM
Reply #20

Danny

Agger isn't world class! Would have loved him though. Another point I get loads of stick the whole year around from Liverpool fan mates saying were shit an that and when the derby comes around and they scrap a 1-0 they're thrilled.