August 24, 2019, 07:00:20 AM

Author Topic: Ferguson wants Rodwell  (Read 2150 times)

February 07, 2010, 02:57:29 PM
Read 2150 times

bluedavey

How shit is this piece of journalism - talking of frosty relationships with united since Rooney despite Kenwright being more than happy to bite their hand off for the cash for him and us taking several players off them since.  Insulting the club that we'd consider selling him for 12million. Not saying Kenwright wouldn't consider flogging him but for 12 million!!  And finally talking about the lad as if Arsenal or Utd can just can come in and cherry pick our players!! Oh yeah - they probably can until we have new owners

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/721647/FERGUSONS-PLAN-FOR-RODWELL.html

February 07, 2010, 03:01:16 PM
Reply #1

Derek

Yeah, I read that. it's just bollocks journalism. They need to write something.

Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

February 07, 2010, 03:01:45 PM
Reply #2

gemine69

There is no chance of him going for that amount.  Throw in Nani and Carrick then maybe consider it.
Don't think, feel.  It is like a finger pointing away to the moon.  Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all the Heavenly Glory - Bruce Lee

February 07, 2010, 03:06:52 PM
Reply #3

huck

Just read this now. Boring. The summers a long way off, allot can happen.
Le Berry

February 07, 2010, 03:55:56 PM
Reply #4

phillyt

the thing that bothers me most is the fact that media just assume that our players can just be picked off by united arse or chelsea. And it hurts more that they are prob right. Untill bill fucks off.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

February 07, 2010, 03:59:17 PM
Reply #5

Derek

They do it with everyone outside of the well-marketed four, and it's all a bit boring really.

Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

February 07, 2010, 10:03:03 PM
Reply #6

.Rimbo.

the thing that bothers me most is the fact that media just assume that our players can just be picked off by united arse or chelsea. And it hurts more that they are prob right. Untill bill fucks off.

Same. We are seen as minnows in that respect and it doesn't half piss me off.

Like look at the bottom of that article, "Big Guns in £20 million Rodwell Battle". Fuck off.

February 08, 2010, 01:36:28 AM
Reply #7

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
As has been said, unfortunately they're probably right.

We don't really have a very good track record of holding off bids for our players from really serious competition.

February 08, 2010, 01:37:51 AM
Reply #8

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
As has been said, unfortunately they're probably right.

We don't really have a very good track record of holding off bids for our players from really serious competition.

It is getting to the point were you start thinking...

"How much can we get?" 

That is a shame.

February 08, 2010, 01:58:27 AM
Reply #9

benny

NSNO Subscriber
My worry is if your club is not owned by a mega rich person or comany the other less well off clubs could well become feeder clubs in the future

February 08, 2010, 02:04:43 AM
Reply #10

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
also that story was not in the welsh edition of theNOTW. If it even had a glimmer of truth in it it would be in all of the editions especially as there are loads of Everton/Utd fans in South Wales. Load of Bollocks
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

February 08, 2010, 02:16:05 AM
Reply #11

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
It was the same when we were at the top and picking off other clubs' young up and coming stars. I remember a certain mega bucks bid for West Ham's striker Tony Cottee for example. Think that was a record bid at the time.

Those were the days. How we've slipped.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

February 08, 2010, 02:39:11 AM
Reply #12

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
It was the same when we were at the top and picking off other clubs' young up and coming stars. I remember a certain mega bucks bid for West Ham's striker Tony Cottee for example. Think that was a record bid at the time.

Those were the days. How we've slipped.

It's a good job we have Bill in charge though. I mean it's not as though he's been on the Board for nearly all the time since the Cottee signing.