October 22, 2019, 08:27:26 AM

Author Topic: Where was Vaughan?  (Read 2265 times)

February 07, 2010, 12:59:15 AM
Read 2265 times

bluedavey

Apologies if this has been asked but where was Vaughan today?

February 07, 2010, 02:13:52 AM
Reply #1

Murf666

I'd like to know that myself.  I hope he's not injured again.
There's nobody better than Murf667, she's the best little Evertonian I know!
As for you, Murf 668, your Everton shirt can hardly wait.

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.  Checkmate!

February 07, 2010, 02:14:43 AM
Reply #2

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Think Moyes just prefers Anichebe for some bizarre reason.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

February 07, 2010, 02:20:06 AM
Reply #3

Endless, Nameless

Think Moyes just prefers Anichebe for some bizarre reason.

Yeah, I don't get it. Anichebe has just come back from injury as well, but Vaughan has had some good games recently.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

February 07, 2010, 04:27:37 AM
Reply #4

Sharky

i was thinking this, and came to the conclusion that either hes injured or moyes didnt want to risk him getting injured in a game where challeneges will be flying in.

Three Lions on a shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming.

February 07, 2010, 04:29:20 AM
Reply #5

Fellaini25

Vaughan will probably be off to Derby County on a 3 month loan soon. Moyes just prefers Anichebe over Vaughan.

February 07, 2010, 08:01:23 AM
Reply #6

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Maybe hes just getting Vic upto the level of fitness Vaughan is at so he has the choice of the two at his disposal? Heard from a reserve team player a while back that Moyes thinks Victor could be a monster and holds him in very high regard

February 07, 2010, 02:35:58 PM
Reply #7

Derek

Yeah we hear that frequently and to Vic's credit he improved before Nolan's shit tackle and he's just come back so he may indeed develop into this monster player, but Vaughany has been back a wee while, scored some goals and played quite well.

Surely he deserves to be in front of Vic at the time being?
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

February 07, 2010, 03:59:28 PM
Reply #8

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
Don't condone getting into confrontations (and subsequently, getting booked) with other players but was pleased to see that Big Vic was not scared to get into Liverpool player's faces after Gerrard's assault on Pienaar. Has the penny dropped that he has a physical presence and that he can influence games?

February 07, 2010, 04:01:43 PM
Reply #9

Derek

He doesn't half have a bit of strength. Before his injury he was just coming to terms with it. Players couldn't handle him coming at them. He's been set back a fair bit though.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

February 07, 2010, 04:08:29 PM
Reply #10

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
Hope that both he and Vaughan start to fulfill the potential that they both have. Don't know if we have a dedicated strikers coach but would love to see Sharpy giving them tips/advice on how to be better strikers. Vic's chance in front of the Kop was a good example of how much he needs to learn - got into a great position but seemed to not know what to do after that.