November 23, 2017, 11:49:48 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Chelsea  (Read 43976 times)

February 07, 2010, 11:32:33 PM
Reply #15

blob

another way of looking at this fixture is to weigh up how many of theirs would we want in our team, and how many of ours might they want?

errr, realistically that helps to focus on the task facing us     :eh:

(on current form, I got to howard, considered fellaini, hoped arteta was fit, then gave up)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 11:34:54 PM by oojoeyoo »

February 08, 2010, 12:32:32 AM
Reply #16

Ridge

2-1

Saha, Cahill, Kalou.

Chelsea have only dropped points at home to us, but on the road they have been beaten 3 and soon to be 4 times.

February 08, 2010, 12:37:57 AM
Reply #17

charlatan

Draw would be a good result.  Don't fancy it tho.  Lampard will no doubt score his customary screamer against us

February 08, 2010, 02:12:52 AM
Reply #18

ToxtethBlue

Rodwell and Arteta in midfield for me, we need two holding midfielders for this one, and there composure and ability to retain possession will be useful. I don't think it's beyond us, getting a decent result. The onus won't be on us to break them down and hopefully we'll hurt them on the counter attack.
ToxtethBlue

February 08, 2010, 02:16:45 AM
Reply #19

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
A win is possible if we have the luck we had last time we played them coupled with a decent performance.  They are the hardest team to play against because they are so bastard organised and only need one chance. 

Arteta or Rodwell for me, not both.  Neville to move alongside and Coleman to start.  I am hoping Bily is up for it because his goalscoring threat could be what we need.

February 08, 2010, 02:47:25 AM
Reply #20

coloradoblue

Agree with above

February 08, 2010, 08:16:11 AM
Reply #21

bloody scally

stop predicting wins in big matches, its is YOU that makes us lose

February 08, 2010, 03:14:20 PM
Reply #22

kunal32

We've not beater Chelsea home or away under Moyes and I don't see that changing again.

Everton 0-2 Chelsea. That man Drogba once again on fire!

February 08, 2010, 04:38:07 PM
Reply #23

RICH

can't see us getting anything from this hope i am wrong though

February 08, 2010, 06:18:42 PM
Reply #24

Gumpinio

I'm just hoping we can avoid any injuries or red cards.  Perhaps we can grind out a 0-0 or perhaps a 1-1, but I am not expecting anything other than being beaten like a ginger step child.
"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

February 08, 2010, 07:13:47 PM
Reply #25

Derek

Chelsea were imperious against Arsenal.

Key to stopping them would be (I reckon) strong defence against their swift-counter attacks, preventing Malouda from doing his job, keeping Ashley Cole pressed and giving Drogba so little space his balls feel cramped

Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

February 08, 2010, 07:59:59 PM
Reply #26

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
If he's not there we'll really miss Fellaini as he's our only midfielder that can take their's on for power etc. Rodwell may do in the future, but I'd be concerned about him right now. And I definitely don't want a combination of him and Neville as we need to keep the ball.

February 09, 2010, 12:19:47 AM
Reply #27

evertonjoe

Everton 0-4 Chelsea
                 Drogba (4)

seems pessimistic I know but if Drogba gets going he will rip our team to shreds. Though if he has an off day we might nick a point.

R.A.P Music

February 09, 2010, 01:25:38 AM
Reply #28

irishtoffee

This is what i want to see, a team i feel will have the quality to beat Chelsea. Providing we actually go for it.

Howard
Coleman Heitinga Senderos Baines
                Neville
Donovan Rodwell Bilyaletdinov
            Saha Yakubu

i'd definately like to see us give 4 4 2 a proper go. leaving saha up front on his own we're wasting most of his energy chasing down no hope high balls or running after 2-3 defenders. shake things up a bit. how about a diamond formation and try to create a few chances.
               howard

neville heitinga distin baines

rodwell
donovan                 bily
             cahill
        yak  saha
if rodwell and felli are not fit then senderos at cb and heitinga in midfield.

February 09, 2010, 01:30:50 AM
Reply #29

Pienaar's 6th dreadlock from the right

i'd definately like to see us give 4 4 2 a proper go. leaving saha up front on his own we're wasting most of his energy chasing down no hope high balls or running after 2-3 defenders. shake things up a bit. how about a diamond formation and try to create a few chances.
               howard

neville heitinga distin baines

rodwell
donovan                 bily
             cahill
        yak  saha
if rodwell and felli are not fit then senderos at cb and heitinga in midfield.

I agree you may aswell go for it against Chelsea I think the big thing is who is gonna play in front of the defence.