November 20, 2017, 03:34:32 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Chelsea  (Read 43897 times)

February 10, 2010, 05:51:41 PM
Reply #60

Flusky

Wigan did it.

February 10, 2010, 06:05:47 PM
Reply #61

Gumpinio

Anyone can beat anyone in a one off game, just look at the FA cup giant slayings every year, but its damned unlikely.  In our last games played we were humbled by a 10 man Liverpool and they abused Arsenal.  We're without our 2 best midfielders and they are at full strength (I think).  If we get a draw I think that'd have to go down as a excelllent result for us and 2 points dropped for them.
"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

February 10, 2010, 06:25:31 PM
Reply #62

top flight for a long time

Yes but we gave Arsenal a football lesson a few weeks ago.  Arsenal are not in a good state but they were not abused by Chelsea.  Chelsea scored a couple (corner and break) and then spent the rest of the game hanging on to the lead.  Add in the fact that some of their players are old(er) and it might be closer than you think.

Having two of our most influential players out is a problem though and a draw would be a good result.
We're forever Everton....

February 10, 2010, 07:40:16 PM
Reply #63

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
An alternative theory to this being the worst possible game, is that it could be the best providing that we have the right attitude.

If we were playing some no-mark side I think the temptation would be there fore the players to simply think that they would win easily anyway.

However, they are surely disappointed with how things went on Saturday and will want to put them right. The fact that it's going to be a very tough game will surely help to make sure that they're really up for it.

Plus we haven't beaten them for 10 years so law of averages......

February 10, 2010, 09:18:40 PM
Reply #64

aylesbury blue

The sun have gone for....

Howard

Coleman   Heitinga    Distin    Baines

Donovan    Neville       Osman    Billy

Cahill

Saha

Not too bad.....

I think Arteta will start tonight, maybe evan Rodwell as well and Bily on the bench still.

Empasis on keeping the ball
Phil Jagielka's best mate and the best player to have played with Tony Cottee....2 brief descriptions of Richie Boyle.

February 10, 2010, 10:31:52 PM
Reply #65

American Evertonian

Expecting a 2-0 loss due to the feet of Drogba and Terry. Hopefully he won't knock up an Everton WAG during his celebration!
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

February 10, 2010, 10:50:17 PM
Reply #66

BlueOx

The sun have gone for....

Howard

Coleman   Heitinga    Distin    Baines

Donovan    Neville       Osman    Billy

Cahill

Saha

Now that could be fun to watch.

February 10, 2010, 11:38:16 PM
Reply #67

gemine69

2-2.  Saha and Baines for us and Drogba and Anelka for them.
Don't think, feel.  It is like a finger pointing away to the moon.  Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all the Heavenly Glory - Bruce Lee

February 10, 2010, 11:40:19 PM
Reply #68

Chazman

Arteta will start
"I fuckin love this club"

February 10, 2010, 11:48:00 PM
Reply #69

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Arteta will start

I hope not, unless he's dramatically got fitter in the last few days.

I can't imagine the Sun's lineup to be accurate, but it'd be fun to see at least.

My guess is he'd either push Heitinga up and bring in Senderos or replace Fellaini with Rodwell. Neither of which I think would be a good idea I feel. We need Heitinga to stay put and personally I don't think Rodwell is commanding enough to be a DM yet.

February 10, 2010, 11:54:34 PM
Reply #70

bluedavey

If Rodwell fit would go with:-

Howard
Neville, Heitinga, Distin, Banes
Rodwell
Donovan, Osman, Bilyadinov
Cahill
Saha

Can't see point in risking Arteta yet, but Arteta for Osman if he's anywhere near full fitness

February 11, 2010, 12:00:05 AM
Reply #71

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Forget what will be the team...lets have some pace...

Howard

Coleman Heitinga Senderos Baines

Anichebe Arteta Cahill Bilyaletdinov

Donovan Vaughan

February 11, 2010, 12:22:24 AM
Reply #72

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Forget what will be the team...lets have some pace...

Howard

Coleman Heitinga Senderos Baines

Anichebe Arteta Cahill Bilyaletdinov

Donovan Vaughan

Ha ha more chance of juggling soot than seeing that side

Simply simply lovely

February 11, 2010, 12:28:53 AM
Reply #73

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Now that could be fun to watch.

That midfield would be raped though.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

February 11, 2010, 12:36:46 AM
Reply #74

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Hell yeah, we would be carved open like a turkey at Thanksgiving.  Be a great game but there would only be one outcome with that side.