August 24, 2019, 06:59:18 AM

Author Topic: Seamus Coleman  (Read 6217 times)

February 08, 2010, 02:46:45 AM
Reply #30

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
I understand that, but when we are losing 1-0 and we are taking alot of pressure off the other side I can see why Moyes wouldnt throw on a boy with little experience against "Maxi" (who was quiet but there is no doubting the lad has lots of quality) and risk going 2-0 down.

With Fellaini injured, i can see Neville filling in the holding roll and we cold well see Coleman get a run now

I think we are more likely to see one of the following:

1. Neville into DM, Heitinga into RB, Senderos in at CB.
2. Neville stays as RB, Heitinga into DM, Senderos in at CB.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

February 08, 2010, 03:00:32 AM
Reply #31

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Maybe, that is the issue but I don't see a solution for Wednesday.  Either way I see us having a nightmare down that side.  I think Hibbert would have been the best option tbh but he isn't available.  Regardless of the stick he gets he is our best defending right back IMO.

Was shite against them in the cup final though.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

February 08, 2010, 03:04:19 AM
Reply #32

Rhys

More likely Arteta or Rodwell starting next to Osman and keeping the defence the same in my opinion.

February 08, 2010, 03:05:11 AM
Reply #33

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
The point about RB is that it doesn't function very well going forward and hasn't done for 20 years. Therefore whenever people see someone with pace they think this is it.

Despite Neville being poor in the last couple of games we aren't being destroyed down that side as people seem to think therefore we're not going to risk someone who has very little experience there.

As has been said, if he was clearly better than Neville then I'm sure he'd be playing.

February 08, 2010, 03:05:54 AM
Reply #34

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Was shite against them in the cup final though.

He was but I have more faith in him at right back than neville. Way I look at it we have :

1: Hibbo.  Probably the best defensively but doesnt go forward.

2: neville. Average defensively and poor going forward. Does go forward but doesnt do anything constructive.

3: coleman. Great going forward but total unknown defensively. In a game of this stature I would go for Hibbo then coleman and not neville and have neville in the middle if he has to play.

February 08, 2010, 03:14:13 AM
Reply #35

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Whoever's at RB on Wednesday will have an equally as poor a game if their midfield is allowed the same time and space that they were at Wembley.

Let's face it they didn't have to work very hard to get the ball out to Malouda.

February 08, 2010, 04:48:24 AM
Reply #36

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
The point about RB is that it doesn't function very well going forward and hasn't done for 20 years. Therefore whenever people see someone with pace they think this is it.

Despite Neville being poor in the last couple of games we aren't being destroyed down that side as people seem to think therefore we're not going to risk someone who has very little experience there.

As has been said, if he was clearly better than Neville then I'm sure he'd be playing.

I respect your opinion and you make good points but let's be realistic Neville doesn't get dropped. He barely gets subbed. I think if he was just up against Hibbert it would be fair competition but I think he'd need to be Superman to have Neville dropped from the team.

February 08, 2010, 02:36:38 PM
Reply #37

Youngy09

I'm sick of reading he's too young and too inexperienced bullshit. How the hell do you get experience? Everyone is saying he can't be risked in big games against Liverpool and Chelsea. Maybe not but there have been plenty of games over the last couple of months where Moyes could have brought him on to pick up experience. Moyes bangs on about giving youth a chance at Everton, and the only time it ever happens is when he has no other option.

February 08, 2010, 03:09:17 PM
Reply #38

MmmblueBernard

Whoever plays at RB on weds will get bummed by cole + cole or cole+ malouda because Donovan doesn't provide enough defensive support and with him mainly playing infield chelsea can run amock down the left.

Were in for a tough night. Hopefully terry will get himself sent off early like last season.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

February 08, 2010, 03:17:46 PM
Reply #39

Flusky

Just because Heitinga CAN play RB, doesn't mean he should. I'd say he's as good in CB as Fellaini is in DM and you wouldn't put Fellaini behind the striker again, would you?