July 14, 2020, 10:36:25 AM

Author Topic: Seamus Coleman  (Read 6478 times)

February 07, 2010, 09:33:36 PM
Read 6478 times

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
We're not saying play him from the start necessarily, but when your right backs are having poor games as ours continually do, surely bringing the lad on as a sub to get experience and to add a different attacking threat is worth doing?
Every storm runs out of rain. - Dr. Maya Angelou

February 08, 2010, 01:01:39 AM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Coleman should be given a chance. This is the perfect season to do so as we have pretty much nothing left to play for.

February 08, 2010, 02:10:11 AM
Reply #2

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
How do we know if he's ready or not if we don't try him?

Give the lad a go.

None of our other right backs have offered us anything, try something different. It might work.

February 08, 2010, 02:20:45 AM
Reply #3

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I won't slat Moyes for trying something different. We are so predictable these days that something new would be welcomed.

We all know Hibbert and Neville are average, Coleman might be, he might not be, but the point is, I would welcome this change to see what could be. Perhaps he will allow us to attack more and therefore take the pressure off the defence? Perhaps not, but the point is, we won't know until he is tried.

And he isn't that young anymore. He's no kid at 21.

February 08, 2010, 03:00:32 AM
Reply #4

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Maybe, that is the issue but I don't see a solution for Wednesday.  Either way I see us having a nightmare down that side.  I think Hibbert would have been the best option tbh but he isn't available.  Regardless of the stick he gets he is our best defending right back IMO.

Was shite against them in the cup final though.