August 25, 2019, 07:12:40 AM

Author Topic: watching arsenal.  (Read 7435 times)

February 08, 2010, 12:18:59 AM
Reply #30

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Moyes spends more time watching future opponents and for the f*ck why -- he must have a t*at of a home life. Do you see Ferguson (only on a few occasions), Wenger, Ancellotti, or even the fat waiter, prancing around weighing up the future opposition.
 Dave, guess what, subscribe to Sky television and you can see all you need to see from the comfort of your b*stard armchair.

Arsenal, Chelsea, United and Liverpool probably have staff whose job it is to scout future opposition, Moyes is just probably a little more hands-on than those 4.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

February 08, 2010, 12:22:22 AM
Reply #31

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Moyes is obssessed with football for a start. I think he goes out of enjoyment as well as future scouting.

Shame he seems to struggle with the info gained.

And anyone who thinks we are better than Arsenal are seriously deluded.

Sure we played them off the park a few weeks back, but by christ do they normally play us off the park and smash us to boot.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

February 08, 2010, 12:23:06 AM
Reply #32

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Let us not kid ourselves either.  Arsenal tend to blow it title wise but they are still shoe in top four every season.  They are a far better first eleven than us right now.  Not surprising like I said but them getting mauled by Chelsea proves nothing apart from the fact Chelsea and Man U are miles ahead of everyone else.

February 08, 2010, 12:41:44 AM
Reply #33

Les Trebilcock

Nah lads, it's a load of balls.

For me, too many paying football followers are being kidded - only a few (football followers) are determined enough to bring a situation to a head.
 ie, eventually Bolton fans got rid of Megson. Allardyce, the biggest managerial imposter, was wedged out of Newcastle -- Blackburn fans currently say nothing because they know their standing -- Blackburn and Allardyce ARE SUITED.

So, it's down to the demands of each set individual support(ers) and what they are prepared to accept.

For me, personally -- yesterday, was not acceptable (from an EFC viewpoint) for a Derby Match.

Liverpool are SHIT.

Since 1969 (my football watching), I have never witnessed a worse Liverpool team. Liverpool supporters are absolute knobheads -- they're backing a SHIT manager for one reason only -- they have nowhere/no-one else to turn/to.
 So, it's all kidology.

Seriously, we should have had a handsome victory yesterday (Why? Because Liverpool are properly, properly shit) but, Moyes again, was outwitted. Outwitted by a kidology merchant (fat waiter).

Subsequently, Moyes watching other games is simply Eye-Candy for the David Moyes stalwarts.

Hull - Brown -- Suited.
 Burnley - Laws -- Suited.
 Wolves - McCarthy -- Suited.
 Wigan - Martinez -- Suited.
 Sunderland - Bruce  -- now not suited.
 West Ham - Zola -- now not suited.
 Portsmouth - Grant -- Suited.
 Everton - Moyes -- as long as bottom 3 isn't slid into for 6 weeks or so -- Well Suited (for the majority Everton supporters).

That, my friends, is the general picture.

You can take that to the bank.

February 08, 2010, 01:11:19 AM
Reply #34

nomorechang

RIP
""  Hull - Brown -- Suited.
 Burnley - Laws -- Suited.
 Wolves - McCarthy -- Suited.
 Wigan - Martinez -- Suited.
 Sunderland - Bruce  -- now not suited.
 West Ham - Zola -- now not suited.
 Portsmouth - Grant -- Suited.
 Everton - Moyes -- as long as bottom 3 isn't slid into for 6 weeks or so -- Well Suited (for the majority Everton supporters).

That, my friends, is the general picture. ""

No , that is the general picture RIGHT NOW , in 3 games time that can easily change ... any one of these teams could get hammered for 3 games consecutively or batter their opponents .. and that could trigger the sack or an improved contract  .. except for Moyes , he has stability no matter what ... and regardless of what his opposers say .. he's earned it .. by virtue of rescuing a team going nowhere .. fast .. on a budget that his nett spend has been covered by the sales of Jeffers and Rooney .. in nearly 8 years now ... No trophies , granted , but we are unlikely to get them until the mythical ' Billionaire ' appears .. right now Moyes is by far the best option
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

February 08, 2010, 01:15:23 AM
Reply #35

Bob Sacamano

The nutters always come out when we lose a game

February 08, 2010, 01:18:12 AM
Reply #36

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
The nutters always come out when we lose a game

Indeed they do

February 08, 2010, 01:28:08 AM
Reply #37

huck

Le Berry

February 08, 2010, 01:37:12 AM
Reply #38

Les Trebilcock

It is the general picture, changie'.

Moyes has had in excess of six years at our gaff -- and, for me, he has reached his zenith. This zenith is his plateau -- I can't see him winning the FA Cup -- McLeish saw to that. This FA Cup (with the crap left in it) was his best shot and Moyes blew it. There was no catcalls, no derision - it was accepted, because we're not in relegation trouble.

Evertonians are truly educated but I'm afraid the vast majority of the game going Evertonians believe they have the man (Moyes) most suited to our desires. It's not their fault they're accepting mediocrity (to settle for going out against Birmingham shows you the acceptabilty levels), it's what they'ver been programmed to believe -- but the essence of the situation is, 80% of Evertonians are adamant David Moyes is/would be impossible to replace.

Consequently, Everton & Moyes are suited and there are (maybe) 70% of Evertonians who still have cold sweats when they think of the prospect of dropping into a relegation place.

For me, just to reiterate, David Moyes -- what you are getting now (off him) is his very best. And that very best is -- an FA Cup Final appearance, a 3-3 at Chelsea, a 2-2 at Arsenal, a 1-6 at Goodison against Arsenal, and a 1-2 FA Cup home defeat against Birmingham.

Using just those examples, it's not great, it's a little glimmer, but overall, it's pretty mediocre fayre -- after 6 and a bit years.

Final equation --

EFC + David Moyes = Solid Mediocrity (so say [maybe] 85% of current match going Evertonians).

« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 01:39:02 AM by Fellaini's pirouette »

February 08, 2010, 01:42:34 AM
Reply #39

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Bollocks.

Moyes at his best...

4th place, beating Liverpool, Villa, Boro, Man U to get to said Cup Final.  Euro qualification.  I am unsure about were Moyes goes from here but to say his very best is 3-3 at Chelsea is a massive insult and nonsense. We finished 5th last season, not ten years ago.  I don't know what has happened this year but things haven't disintegrated because we lost yesterday.

He isn't irreplaceable but with our current situation it would be bloody difficult.

Oh and Manager of the frigging year twice and Manager of the Month just this last month

« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 01:56:17 AM by barongreenback »

February 08, 2010, 01:42:51 AM
Reply #40

Abraders

Moyes has had in excess of six years at our gaff -- and, for me, he has reached his zenith. This zenith is his plateau -- I can't see him winning the FA Cup -- McLeish saw to that. This FA Cup (with the crap left in it) was his best shot and Moyes blew it. There was no catcalls, no derision - it was accepted, because we're not in relegation trouble.

Evertonians are truly educated but I'm afraid the vast majority of the game going Evertonians believe they have the man (Moyes) most suited to our desires. It's not their fault they're accepting mediocrity (to settle for going out against Birmingham shows you the acceptabilty levels), it's what they'ver been programmed to believe -- but the essence of the situation is, 80% of Evertonians are adamant David Moyes is/would be impossible to replace.

Consequently, Everton & Moyes are suited and there are (maybe) 70% of Evertonians who still have cold sweats when they think of the prospect of dropping into a relegation place.

For me, just to reiterate, David Moyes -- what you are getting now (off him) is his very best. And that very best is -- an FA Cup Final appearance, a 3-3 at Chelsea, a 2-2 at Arsenal, a 1-6 at Goodison against Arsenal, and a 1-2 FA Cup home defeat against Birmingham.

Using just those examples, it's not great, it's a little glimmer, but overall, it's pretty mediocre fayre -- after 6 and a bit years.

Final equation --

EFC + David Moyes = Solid Mediocrity (so say [maybe] 85% of current match going Evertonians).

I do not believe this is true.

February 08, 2010, 01:50:39 AM
Reply #41

nomorechang

RIP
I don't know one Evertonian who is happy with our plight this season , of course we should have beaten Birmingham , the same as Utd should have shafted Leeds or even the RS beat Reading .. but it never happened , I was pissed off because I wanted more of what we got last season at Wembley as were most .. since he took control of Everton , Moyes has been Hamstrung by a board who can't or won'tsupply him with the finances to better our team  AT THE RIGHT TIME  , ie well before the season starts , not 2 weeks into it after the sale of one or two of our better assets .. I don't settle for ' solid mediocrity ' but if that's what we have . its not down to Moyes , because without him we would be up to our neck in the brown sticky stuff
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

February 08, 2010, 01:55:26 AM
Reply #42

phillyt

Final equation --

the problem lies higher up. Moyes can only work with the players he has available. The players he has are the best that were available to buy. Based on transfer fees. And wage demands.  the problem lies with the board. And a question to all those knee jerkers who have forgotten the performances against arsenal and man city. Who would you say could come in and work better under the same circumstances. I do not think for a second that moyes is flawless but he is far and away better than any of the other options.  but even mourinho wouldnt do any better.   
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

February 08, 2010, 03:23:28 AM
Reply #43

Les Trebilcock

Obviously, my view isn't coming across that well. I reckon, in all honesty, what I'm saying is -- yes, to moan about EFC's finances is warranted. But to have a moan at what David Moyes fails to do (if we get beat) in a football match is now not even worth reading about. Why? Because 99% of the time it's a recurring moan of what Moyes has done (or hasn't done) during a game (throughout his full tenure).

It's dull reading about Everton -- ie, latest reading -- Saha extends his contract.

You then see Saha amble about yesterday and (I) think, big bleedin' deal -- Saha, for 2 more seasons!! Gawd lummy Charlie, gimme strength.

I can moan about Everton because, like you, I care for them. To moan what Moyes can't or doesn't do (during a football match), after all these years -- just looks plain daft now.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 03:27:05 AM by Fellaini's pirouette »

February 08, 2010, 01:19:13 PM
Reply #44

ilikebrunettes

still PMSL @ people thinking we are on the same level as Arsenal!
Murray won't ever win a slam. Mentally not good enough