October 20, 2018, 02:10:32 PM

Author Topic: Match ratings v Chelsea  (Read 6398 times)

February 11, 2010, 06:08:06 AM
Reply #15

Tellittoyourking

Howard 7
Baines 8
Heitinga 8
Distin 8
Neville 6.5
Bilyaletdinov 6.5
Donovan 8
Arteta 7
Osman 8
Cahill 7.5
Saha 9

February 11, 2010, 06:08:52 AM
Reply #16

.Rimbo.

Howard 7
Baines 8
Heitinga 8
Distin 8
Neville 6.5
Bilyaletdinov 6.5
Donovan 8
Arteta 7
Osman 8
Cahill 7.5
Saha 9

I suppose it's a matter of opinion but Osman as good as Donovan and better than Cahill? Cahill was a MOTM contender.

February 11, 2010, 06:19:53 AM
Reply #17

Tellittoyourking

Ye, thought all three were very good. Don't think you can look past Louis for MOM though

February 11, 2010, 06:30:03 AM
Reply #18

AidyEFC9

Everyone did well tonight really, we came back from one nil down to beat Chelsea and the team all deserve credit, well done boys!.

February 11, 2010, 09:31:58 AM
Reply #19

feedtheyak

Osman a five? Are you fucking serious? I thought he was easily a contender for MOTM, Chelsea never found their rhythm in the centre of the park, never had a minutes rest. The lad was everywhere, watch the game again and note how many tackles, interceptions and steals he makes, he was quality tonight, no idea what game you were watching.

Quality atmosphere tonight too, bit disappointed it was quiet for the first twenty but we didn't play well to be fair.

Howard 7
Baines 8 - Best game he's had for ages, looked good going forward and solid defensively.
Heitinga 8 - Solid as usual, liked how we stopped Drogba bullying him, such a horrible bastard, can't imagine what it would be like to play against Jonny.
Distin 8 - I'm one of his biggest detractors but the lad was quality tonight, real gutsy display.
Neville 6.5 - Must say I'm not confident in Phil at the moment, shaky at times defensively versus Malouda, but wasn't bad going forward it must be said.
Bilyaletdinov 7 - Looks jaded at times but some nice touches and link up play, needs a rest though.
Donovan 8 - So so good to have pace in the side, genuinely adds a whole new dimension to us attacking-wise, very very impressed with Landon.
Arteta 7 - Good performance, all things considered, kept the ball ticking over, kept it reasonably simple, crosses were poor though.
Osman 8 - Brilliant today, hussled and harried their midfield, stole in, won tackles, ran himself into the ground, absolutely immense display from Ossie, best in the blue shirt for a long long time.
Cahill 7/8 - Incredible work ethic and spirit, kept being pulled around and fouled but kept trying and hustling and just made it awkward for them.
Saha 9 (MOTM) - Immense today, truly world-class display. His touch and hold-up play was just unreal at times, shame about the penalty but his second definitely made up for it.

February 11, 2010, 01:37:36 PM
Reply #20

Derek

I would've given Baines MOTM, to be honest. He was excellent.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

February 11, 2010, 01:48:46 PM
Reply #21

ToxtethBlue

Osman and Arteta where brilliant, a great combination of composure and tenacity. There's a reason we dominated the middle of the park for long periods, they gave us a platform to build on and kept things together in the middle of the park.

Special mention to Distin aswell, who's form been all over the place of late, he won everything in the second half, a really dominant performance. Build on it big man...
ToxtethBlue

February 11, 2010, 01:57:09 PM
Reply #22

sphinn

Howard 7
Baines 8
Heitinga 8
Distin 7
Neville 6
Bilyaletdinov 6
Donovan 9
Arteta 7
Osman 8
Cahill 8
Saha 9

February 11, 2010, 01:59:14 PM
Reply #23

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Osman a five? Are you fucking serious? I thought he was easily a contender for MOTM, Chelsea never found their rhythm in the centre of the park, never had a minutes rest. The lad was everywhere, watch the game again and note how many tackles, interceptions and steals he makes, he was quality tonight, no idea what game you were watching.

Quality atmosphere tonight too, bit disappointed it was quiet for the first twenty but we didn't play well to be fair.

Howard 7
Baines 8 - Best game he's had for ages, looked good going forward and solid defensively.
Heitinga 8 - Solid as usual, liked how we stopped Drogba bullying him, such a horrible bastard, can't imagine what it would be like to play against Jonny.
Distin 8 - I'm one of his biggest detractors but the lad was quality tonight, real gutsy display.
Neville 6.5 - Must say I'm not confident in Phil at the moment, shaky at times defensively versus Malouda, but wasn't bad going forward it must be said.
Bilyaletdinov 7 - Looks jaded at times but some nice touches and link up play, needs a rest though.
Donovan 8 - So so good to have pace in the side, genuinely adds a whole new dimension to us attacking-wise, very very impressed with Landon.
Arteta 7 - Good performance, all things considered, kept the ball ticking over, kept it reasonably simple, crosses were poor though.
Osman 8 - Brilliant today, hussled and harried their midfield, stole in, won tackles, ran himself into the ground, absolutely immense display from Ossie, best in the blue shirt for a long long time.
Cahill 7/8 - Incredible work ethic and spirit, kept being pulled around and fouled but kept trying and hustling and just made it awkward for them.
Saha 9 (MOTM) - Immense today, truly world-class display. His touch and hold-up play was just unreal at times, shame about the penalty but his second definitely made up for it.

Would totally agree with these.  Osman impressed me last night because so often if he isn't attacking he looks lost but last night he was like a fucking terrier. 

February 11, 2010, 02:14:10 PM
Reply #24

fast lane

Another factor to consider is how you'd rate Lampard and Terry.
You can look at a match from two sides.
They were both poor by their standards, and allow our players to do better.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

February 11, 2010, 02:30:25 PM
Reply #25

Silas

NSNO Subscriber

Terry was worse than useless although Saha was immense.

February 11, 2010, 03:27:16 PM
Reply #26

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Osman and Arteta where brilliant, a great combination of composure and tenacity. There's a reason we dominated the middle of the park for long periods, they gave us a platform to build on and kept things together in the middle of the park.

Special mention to Distin aswell, who's form been all over the place of late, he won everything in the second half, a really dominant performance. Build on it big man...

Agree.

Me and Rhys have a theory that Distin has concentration problems. Therefore if he's playing against poor opposition he doesn't feel the need to be really on his game. However when he's up against top players he knows that he has to concentrate otherwise he'll get punished.

February 11, 2010, 04:13:10 PM
Reply #27

BlueSte

Heitinga 7?? Arteta 6??
I would give Neville 6 for the fuck up, but apart from that he was good. I also thought Osman had a good game, not so much offensively but he put in some nice tackles and steals.
Everyone else 8s (apart from The Don and the King louis who get  9).

Hi Dekko do you reside over th ond by any chance  lolol
The Black Watch

February 11, 2010, 04:17:56 PM
Reply #28

BlueSte

Terry was worse than useless although Saha was immense.

Ray Wilkins, the Chelsea assistant manager, was first to rebuke the suggestion that Terry's mind was elsewhere. "Not at all," insisted Wilkins. "You have to give Louis Saha credit, he is a tough opponent. John has been absolutely outstanding for us all season and if it was a mistake by John then I'm sure it is the slightest of blips."

Louis was immense why look for excuses as to why we played well (in other words chelsea played shit) instead of giving praise where praise is due
The Black Watch

February 11, 2010, 04:26:55 PM
Reply #29

Gary Iceman

Howard 8
Baines 8
Heitinga 8
Distin 7
Neville 7
Bilyaletdinov 5
Donovan 9
Arteta 6
Osman 5
Cahill 8
Saha 9

im not having a go at you here but osman FIVE..did you actually see the match or just the goals and your just posting on what you seen on iraq goals?
Alan Harper: "I made my debut at Goodison against Stoke and was standing in the tunnel waiting to go onto the pitch. Z cars started playing on the PA and I heard the crowd roar. If I could bottle a moment and save it forever, then that would be it.