December 18, 2017, 08:56:07 PM

Author Topic: Long Live The King  (Read 2704 times)

February 11, 2010, 05:48:42 AM
Read 2704 times

.Rimbo.

Surprised there hasn't been a thread on this yet, so I thought I'd make one.

Colossal display from a man who is supposedly a "lazy, mercernary cunt who's now got the fat pay-off he wanted".

Suppose you have to accept that he's no spring chicken, and he's always struggled with fitness, so people may see that as lazy. For me, I've never seen the attitude problem that others have, but I'm too tired for any more debates about him.

Class, pure and simple tonight.

deCoubertin

February 11, 2010, 05:50:50 AM
Reply #1

Chris

Administrator
Top quality tonight. His touch is out of this world at times

February 11, 2010, 05:53:51 AM
Reply #2

Endless, Nameless

All you had to do was look at his face during the celebration of the second goal. He loves this club, he loves football -- and more importantly -- he loves scoring goals.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

February 11, 2010, 06:00:53 AM
Reply #3

Amata

That cant excuse the fact that he HAS looked disinterested in the last couple of games for whatever reason.  When he decides he's going to play and to put in a bit of effort he's up there with the best.
All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind

February 11, 2010, 06:06:18 AM
Reply #4

MexicanToffee

That cant excuse the fact that he HAS looked disinterested in the last couple of games for whatever reason.  When he decides he's going to play and to put in a bit of effort he's up there with the best.
He does look disineterested at times I agree, but I think you just have to accept thats the sort of player he is. I can't actually recall any game where you could have said he really put a shift in.
“He loved Everton, he loved being back at Goodison Park. He always said it was like going to church.”

February 11, 2010, 06:25:59 AM
Reply #5

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Louis Saha played well tonight.

It's odd that you don't want to start a debate yet started this thread.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

February 11, 2010, 06:31:07 AM
Reply #6

.Rimbo.

Louis Saha played well tonight.

It's odd that you don't want to start a debate yet started this thread.

I don't want a debate. He deserves special praise tonight. I've gave him it.

February 11, 2010, 06:32:44 AM
Reply #7

Chazman

He didn't look so interested in the Derby
"I fuckin love this club"

February 11, 2010, 06:33:19 AM
Reply #8

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
I don't want a debate. He deserves special praise tonight. I've gave him it.

Yet you chalenged my labeling him as a lazy mercenary.

As I've said before, Louis Saha is a great player, WHEN HE WANTS TO BE.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

February 11, 2010, 07:49:01 AM
Reply #9

cantoffee

Takes boatloads of confidence to score the second goal he did after missing a penalty, not many people have that, good on the lad, I've been disappointed with him recently but he's shown tonight what an absolutely superb player he can be at times. May his Goodison Park reign last for many more years.

February 11, 2010, 08:26:05 AM
Reply #10

American Evertonian

Can't believe that he recovered so well and netted a second after failing on the penalty.  Top quality and Long Live the King!
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

February 11, 2010, 08:27:37 AM
Reply #11

blueblood1988

Louis i love you!

February 11, 2010, 05:45:52 PM
Reply #12

.Rimbo.

Yet you chalenged my labeling him as a lazy mercenary.

As I've said before, Louis Saha is a great player, WHEN HE WANTS TO BE.

Well considering he didn't half take some stick on here the other day, I felt it wrong that no-one had said anything about probably our man of the match. Criticise him when he's shit, but don't praise him when he's on it?

February 11, 2010, 06:07:14 PM
Reply #13

Danny

In fairness as a striker it's hard to look interested when your getting no service, people call chasing players down aimlessly "hardwork" but if your not the fittest of striker why waste your energy!

February 11, 2010, 07:13:44 PM
Reply #14

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
In fairness as a striker it's hard to look interested when your getting no service, people call chasing players down aimlessly "hardwork" but if your not the fittest of striker why waste your energy!

It's not the chasing down of players that's been my gripe with him though.

It's his lack of unselfish runs when we have the ball more than anything.

Last night, much like against City, he put in a much more aggressive performance which saw him cover a greater width of the pitch. This pulls their defensive shape and creates space for others.

He's a world class forward on his day, but to be world class you have to put the hard yards in. Yesterday he did that.