October 22, 2017, 06:16:51 AM

Author Topic: B & B  (Read 979 times)

February 11, 2010, 05:54:22 AM
Read 979 times

.Rimbo.

No, not Bed and Breakfast...Baines and Bilya'.

I can't see it working if I'm honest. Baines loves to get chalk on his boots and Bilya (when he has the ball at least) also loves to hug the touchline, so unfortunately, they occupy the same spaces. I think that's the reason why Bilya sometimes seems to get in the way and look a bit lost.

If it were me, I'd stop Bilya' on the right, cutting inside, allowing the right back to overlap.

deCoubertin

February 11, 2010, 05:58:21 AM
Reply #1

Endless, Nameless

Bainaar 4eva.

That is all.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

February 11, 2010, 05:58:42 AM
Reply #2

Amata

I dont think we can really judge at the minute as he's adjusting to the prem as well as being knackered.  It will take time for him and Baines to form an understanding.  I dont mind him switching him now and again but if you have Pienaar cutting in from the left and Bilya cutting in from the right it all gets a bit crowded.

The one thing about having Donovan is that it shows the benefit of someone who likes to stay out wide and has the pace to trouble defenders as it creates space infield and gives us an outlet.
All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind

February 11, 2010, 06:02:46 AM
Reply #3

.Rimbo.

I dont think we can really judge at the minute as he's adjusting to the prem as well as being knackered.  It will take time for him and Baines to form an understanding.  I dont mind him switching him now and again but if you have Pienaar cutting in from the left and Bilya cutting in from the right it all gets a bit crowded.

The one thing about having Donovan is that it shows the benefit of someone who likes to stay out wide and has the pace to trouble defenders as it creates space infield and gives us an outlet.

I agree about Donovan and I see what you're saying, but even when he gets up to speed and starts taking players on, getting to the by-line etc. I think he'll still be occupying the same sort of spaces as Baines. Unless Baines starts cutting in more, I can't see it working, more from a logistics POV as opposed to form, ability POV.

February 11, 2010, 06:10:38 AM
Reply #4

AidyEFC9

Bilyaletdinov is'nt even a winger and just fills in there when Pienaar is either injured or suspended, Bily likes to play centrally, in the Cahill role and i think he will eventually succeed Tiny there and we'll stick with Baines and Pienaar down are left, i mean on there day, that combination works a treat.

February 11, 2010, 06:14:26 AM
Reply #5

.Rimbo.

Bilyaletdinov is'nt even a winger and just fills in there when Pienaar is either injured or suspended, Bily likes to play centrally, in the Cahill role and i think he will eventually succeed Tiny there and we'll stick with Baines and Pienaar down are left, i mean on there day, that combination works a treat.

Maybe I'm forgetting, but I can't remember a game where the Russian has played in the middle of the park for us? I know he did for Lokomotiv at times and maybe he's being played out of position here, but then you have to ask the question, why did Moyes sign him when we needed a winger?